FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: FOLK

Post by breakdown »

Rooster wrote:
breakdown wrote:Sacking Kiss would only further paper over the cracks
It would at least one less crack
True but in time we would be back to where we are now

I don't necessarily think Kiss and his coaching team is as bad as it seems

Attitude within the whole organisation stinks

No one is accountable throughout both the management and squad
No leadership, just as the above
big fish small pond syndrome
Poor higher level management
Academy structures ruined by Campbells egotistic management

The whole place needs a strip down or review from top to bottom, but at that i'm not sure getting rid of Kiss is the perfect instant fix

The only positive is the A side who surprise surprise is coached by Anderson who doesnt take any nonsense from anyone, a straight talker who says it like it is - that's what we need more of before we move in a positive direction
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Analyse the defence and then come back to me.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The organisation is full of people that aren't qualified and we have too many layers.. getting rid of Kiss without a much deeper clean out will simply allow the same lunatics to pick the next coaching ticket..

In the days of the Doctor we had a DoR and a Head Coach now we have an Ops Manager, a DoR and a Head Coach..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:The organisation is full of people that aren't qualified and we have too many layers.. getting rid of Kiss without a much deeper clean out will simply allow the same lunatics to pick the next coaching ticket..

In the days of the Doctor we had a DoR and a Head Coach now we have an Ops Manager, a DoR and a Head Coach..
We needed an Ops Manager as the DOR was not capable of doing all the jobs a DOR does.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Dave wrote:
I have gave my opinion and reasoning behind why i think the defense fails

However I ask the quesion, if we sacked Kiss and got yet another coach in who brought about a better defensive record would we then become the world beaters people think we would?

The answer is no, if you think other wise you are simply wrong. It’s going to take more than defensive systems to turn anything around and any change is going to take time to implement, it’s not a “half season and we’re brill” job, if that was the case and we turned things around in half a season we’ve either got a tactical and managerial genius on the books or the cracks have just been papered over, once again
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

breakdown wrote:
Rooster wrote:
It would at least one less crack
True but in time we would be back to where we are now

I don't necessarily think Kiss and his coaching team is as bad as it seems

Attitude within the whole organisation stinks

No one is accountable throughout both the management and squad
No leadership, just as the above
big fish small pond syndrome
Poor higher level management
Academy structures ruined by Campbells egotistic management

The whole place needs a strip down or review from top to bottom, but at that i'm not sure getting rid of Kiss is the perfect instant fix

The only positive is the A side who surprise surprise is coached by Anderson who doesnt take any nonsense from anyone, a straight talker who says it like it is - that's what we need more of before we move in a positive direction
Campbell coaches the A team also. Anderson is Ulster Elite Player Development officer which would mean he would have quite a large investment in the Academy.

To ridicule Campbell and praise Anderson is baffling. They would both appear to be peddling the same boat.

Think both are doing a better job than previous incumbents based on the progress of the A team this season and several academy forwards holding their own at senior level Timoney, Rea, Dalton
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As I have preached many times, FOLK has an incredible level of culpability for where we are now. It staggers me that people don't see the point of gassing him.

That is of course not to say that gassing Kiss is THE or even A silver bullet, but it is just an essential, he is incompetent in his current job, the source of the inconsistent happenings around the team which he rather conveniently identified as the problem, thus rendering his own tenure untenable.

Thank you, Les and goodnight.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

breakdown wrote:
Dave wrote:
I have gave my opinion and reasoning behind why i think the defense fails

However I ask the quesion, if we sacked Kiss and got yet another coach in who brought about a better defensive record would we then become the world beaters people think we would?

The answer is no, if you think other wise you are simply wrong. It’s going to take more than defensive systems to turn anything around and any change is going to take time to implement, it’s not a “half season and we’re brill” job, if that was the case and we turned things around in half a season we’ve either got a tactical and managerial genius on the books or the cracks have just been papered over, once again
By yournown logic Kiss is wrong then. He thinks we are not far behind world beaters Leinster. I don't who is saying on here we should be world beaters? If by some miracle we had a first choice team out we could get to a semi final perhaps in the pro 14 and progress from the group in the SDC. After that, who knows? When Coetzee was ruled out for the season and we lost our first choice ten, that was any hope gone. Plus other absentees like Payne and disappointing NIQs.

Even with those setbacks I don't expect to lose to Zebre, Draw with the dragons, play like that against the kings or suffer a record defeat to Connacht. Those performances were unforgivable and nothing has changed.

Les has to go and the guy who appointed him should too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Oh my goodness, where to start?

As a defence coach, Les Kiss has failed.

Our best defensive line player - mr Cave - is left out until he can't be left out. This must be a personal vendetta.

He's signed lightweight and broken forwards - who are the first line of defence after all in our beautiful game.

We are shipping tries like only TomKite welsh teams used to.

Let's move to the backs, where the finishing comes from. Or should. His selection policy seems to be 'who do I not like this week' - I don't know the stats but have we actually put out the same team twice in a row this season?

Why are we playing our best full back out of position?
Why is our midfield so inept?
Why are we now without a fly half on the books despite knowing in September this situation would occur in January?

Sorry but I'm an infrequent contributor to these boards (I am an avid reader of them) and it seems obvious. Les Kiss has to go. He's been a massive failure. Let's not mix the organisational TomKite we have foisted upon us with the clear failures of the coach.

We go from a bonus point win against the best team in France to thon shambles in fekkin Coventry, against a team who were already out of the competition?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Here is how I see it.
Kiss presided over a season and a half of under-performance after the RWC 2015.
Broken relationships within the coaching team, particularly Clarke and Doak were identified as being the source dysfunction and they were dispatched.
Kiss was given a bye ball on that one. Fair enough, it was a plausible scenario.
Kiss appointed a new coaching team including the highly regarded Jonno Gibbes. Kiss also announced that there was to be a new approach to play with a less structured game plan where players could express themselves and play what was in front of them.
Great I thought, we’ll have a more dynamic defence, less predictable in attack and the pack will man-up under Gibbes. By Christmas the team should be up to speed with the new game plan and we should be competitive.
Well Christmas has come and gone but if anything, the team is worse. I’m left to conclude:
Despite an abundance of evidence that it is a busted flush, Kiss remains unshakably wedded to the passive defence featuring predominantly soak tackles.
The tackle stats were good on paper, but when you look at the detail, it’s all non-threatening. Opposition players are emboldened by knowledge that they will not be emptied by a brutal rib-breaker.
As a direct result of this, our defensive stats have gone south, quickly. The opposition can attack with impunity.
That, in my view, is the root cause for most of our problems. Kiss has his strengths, but he has to go and bring his failed defensive system with him.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

There is clearly more wrong with UR than Les Kiss, but he is responsible for overseeing the downward spiral that he has mentioned.
He doesn't know what he's doing. He's out of his depth and the twitching jibberish is a clear indication he's a bundle of nerves because he lives in fear of being exposed as such. He hasn't got a clue. He doesn't inspire the team. He doesn't know the team and he's ruining the team.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

breakdown wrote: would we then become the world beaters people think we would?
I don't think anyone over the age of 14 really expects us to become world beaters. I include TagLine in that (so lets not go down that route).

Kiss has some excellent personnel to work with (we have the players' history to show that), but he is not/is not able to do anything +ve with them. I can't see any other staff's ineptitude (and I'm not disputing that these exist) having that significant effect on match day performance.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

It has to be the end for Kiss he has had some unfortunate luck with injuries to his players but he has not built a team and has presided over dilution of the heart and soul of the team.For example backs really do not know from one week to the next the position they will play assuming they are picked however one thing is certain McCloskey will be there because week in week out he's the go to guy to take on opposition forwards and try to gain ground. Of course that unchanged tactic has stymied the back line, slowed everything down, ruined his development as a player and left him without a passing or layoff element to his play. An easy read for any opposition!!!!!!!Opt e tot
With Ulster Rugby at the moment Nero fiddling and Rome burning comes to mind. We are leaking tries,have no coherent defence,no consistency in either selection of play,no one appears to be addressing the issue,players are deflated and should be but no one is putting their head over the parapet. Season ticket holders like me have been aware for years of problems in the system and the solution was always around the corner. Many of us have hung in there while Anscome the swimming coach was dispatched,we waited while Clarke and Doak had a war,we let the management treat McLaughlin awfully. We have been looking forward to better things and that has not happened.
I remember when I would not have missed a match at Ravenhill but over the past 3 to 5 years i have been coming away from the ground disappointed with the performance more times than I have been elated. Now I don't feel I'm missing anything if I don't go to a game and as for season ticket renewal,don't think so this year!!!!!!
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

BR wrote:
breakdown wrote: would we then become the world beaters people think we would?
I don't think anyone over the age of 14 really expects us to become world beaters. I include TagLine in that (so lets not go down that route).

Kiss has some excellent personnel to work with (we have the players' history to show that), but he is not/is not able to do anything +ve with them. I can't see any other staff's ineptitude (and I'm not disputing that these exist) having that significant effect on match day performance.
Therein lies the problem, Kiss doesnt have excellent personal to work with. Our pack is as soft as wet cardboard and bar a freak result here and there we just arent good enough. Murphy and Moore will hopefully address some issues but to say Kiss has some excellent personel to work with, true in the sense thay Rory and Hendo are both very good, take them out and our pack is useless. And if the pack doesnt function then obviously no good ball = backs suffer
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

snipe.. I agree but it must also surely go deeper.. the people that put Kiss in place are escaping any scrutiny and it will be them that either make the decision to keep him, dump him, thereafter either promote Gibbes who is being tainted on a daily basis with what is happening or remove him and decide on who the next best coach in the world is... they are a closed shop with no transparency and that doesn't help our cause.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU