anthem row revisited :)

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

brianc
Warrior Assassin

Re: anthem row revisited :)

Post by brianc »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:That's the solution folks - Polish Cheerleaders doing lap dancing on the back of a small lorry in the middle of the pitch.
Common sense prevails at last :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
HWM for CEO/First Minister :bounce: :bounce:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

brianc wrote:
combatlogo wrote:Simple solution, IRFU flag with the 4 provincial crests and Ireland's Call (or a more mutually acceptable replacement
You should be ashamed of yourself, absolutely no place in this debate for simple common sense or "mutually acceptable" solutions! Pull yourself together man, (or woman) >TM. "Mutually acceptable????", this is norn iron ffs!

Pick an entrenched non-negotiable viewpoint, repeat it endlessly without any sort of compromise irrespective of facts, & you will fit in much better on this thread :lol:
Indeed.I think most of us here pretty much think the same but unfortuntely we are not representative of the entire rugby supporting population of this Island.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:That's the solution folks - Polish Cheerleaders doing lap dancing on the back of a small lorry in the middle of the pitch. Why has no-one thought of it b4?
Why not Irish dancers?
ID.jpg
ID.jpg (121.78 KiB) Viewed 702 times

Oh yeah.Sorry, Polish dancers it will have to be then. :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:lap dancing in the middle of the pitch.
Jesus, that must be some size of lap you have there Mike!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:That's the solution folks - Polish Cheerleaders doing lap dancing on the back of a small lorry in the middle of the pitch. Why has no-one thought of it b4?
I was thinking more along the lines of the them lap dancing on a giant blow up effigy of Ian Paisley and Martin Maguinness cavorting naked with each other.
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of the them lap dancing on a giant blow up effigy of Ian Paisley and Martin Maguinness cavorting naked with each other.
:puker: you're not a well man
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Loves the Lambegs!! GET THEM AT RAVENHILL!!!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
combatlogo
Novice

Post by combatlogo »

browner wrote:
Simple solution, IRFU flag with the 4 provincial crests and Ireland's Call (or a more mutually acceptable replacement).
Is that not the protocol for internationals at Ravenhill at the moment, or are you talking about all home internationals combat?
Everything, home and away.
Deedsie
Novice

Post by Deedsie »

Just wondering? Why doesnt Northern Ireland nominate an official Flag and Anthem. Derry Air and Flag of St Patrick for example?

It would be great to have the two flags flying together and play the anthems together home and away. or even incorporate parts of both anthems like the South Africans.

Get rid of Irelands Call once and for all.

On another note, i heard those Lambeg drums can be incredibly loud, they would be great for building atmosphere inside in the grounds before Irish games.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Deedsie wrote:Just wondering? Why doesnt Northern Ireland nominate an official Flag and Anthem. Derry Air and Flag of St Patrick for example?
errr... because an "official" NI fleg'n'anthem would need the muppet show at Stormont to agree and there's no chance of that happening.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Deedsie wrote:On another note, i heard those Lambeg drums can be incredibly loud, they would be great for building atmosphere inside in the grounds before Irish games.
They ahd at least one on the pitch at croker at the weekend, it really does build the atmosphere.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Deedsie
Novice

Post by Deedsie »

Well if the IRFU was to make it clear that if Northern Ireland adopted an official Anthem and Flag. Then Irish games in Ravers could have the NI anthem played alongside Irelands Call? That would be equality in my book anyway.

Then perhaps we could even play alternating anthems at away games?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Deedsie wrote:Well if the IRFU was to make it clear that if Northern Ireland adopted an official Anthem and Flag. Then Irish games in Ravers could have the NI anthem played alongside Irelands Call? That would be equality in my book anyway.

It doesn't matter if an anthem is "official" or not - the IRFU can play whatever they like. There is nothing "official" about Flower of Scotland but the SRU play it as you couldn't hear GSTQ for booing when they used to play it before Scotland games as the "official" anthem.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Deedsie wrote:Well if the IRFU was to make it clear that if Northern Ireland adopted an official Anthem and Flag. Then Irish games in Ravers could have the NI anthem played alongside Irelands Call? That would be equality in my book anyway.

Why would we want to do this though? It would not solve the anthem issue.Also you said in an earlier post you wished to "get rid of Ireland's Call once and for all" yet you are now suggesting you wish to have it maintained.It's not very clear what exactly you are looking for.

The problem is that nothing can ever solve it because we have a team representing two separate entities.The best accomodation, currently, is to play Ireland's Call, or suitable alternative, only both home and away.If the President wishes to fool about meeting the players before games she should either do it privately or else we should only afford the playing of the Presidential Salute.

Hopefully once the EU fully implement their non-democratic Lisbon Treaty they will introduce one EU flag and anthem and ban all the regional ones.That should solve the problem once and for all and will be the only benefit I can see from a superstate construct. :stir:

Then again in this scenario will they allow us to exist as separate countries for sporting occasions. :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote: Hopefully once the EU fully implement their non-democratic Lisbon Treaty they will introduce one EU flag and anthem and ban all the regional ones.That should solve the problem once and for all and will be the only benefit I can see from a superstate construct. :stir:
Shan...You've only gone and answered that most vexing of questions....What flamin' use is the EU to man or beast?

Genius :salut: :salut: :salut: