Edinburgh v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster

Post by BR »

Alister Scott wrote:
So, who's going over to Murrayfield to support the men in white in their hour of need, then?
I believe a number of Boys on Tour :salut:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

15 McIlwaine, 14 D'Arcy, 13 Spence 12 Wallace, 11 Trimble, 10 Humphreys, 9 Pienaar

1 Court, 2 Best, 3 Botha, 4 Muller, 5 Caldwell, 6 Ferris, 7 Faloon, 8 Diack

+ Young, Brady, (or Andy K) McAllister, Tuohy, Wannenberg, Marshall, Whitten, Seymour.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

So that's all eligible people bar Nadine from Girls Aloud in the squad this week......

How enlightening......
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Bart S wrote:So that's all eligible people bar Nadine from Girls Aloud in the squad this week......
Do we need another hooker? Are Rory, Nigel and Andy K not available. Don't see the point in calling Nadine up myself. Although her voice would carry for the lineout calls. :wink:
Andy K is a flanker!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Bart S wrote:So that's all eligible people bar Nadine from Girls Aloud in the squad this week......
Do we need another hooker? Are Rory, Nigel and Andy K not available. Don't see the point in calling Nadine up myself. Although her voice would carry for the lineout calls. :wink:
Nigel plays centre so therefore we do need another hooker :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
kf15
Novice

Post by kf15 »

Red Hand Hero wrote:Looks like I guessed wrong earlier on in the week. Strong team with some rather interesting selections. :shock:
Interesting is probably the best way to put it......Did McGlocks put all the names on a piece of paper, close his eyes and then pick the backs by pointing at them without looking?
Rule13b
Novice

Post by Rule13b »

What has Falloon done to offend and be left out totally? is this McL choice or has Kidney influenced it ?
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

McLaughlin makes changes ahead of this Friday's trip to Edinburgh...

Injury and the IRFU's ongoing player management programme means that Brian McLaughlin has named an Ulster team to take on Edinburgh at Murrayfield tomorrow evening with a starting line-up that shows a mix of positional and personnel changes from that which was defeated by Biarritz in the Heineken Cup last Sunday.

Amongst the backs, only Ruan Pienaar retains the same position he played last week at scrum-half. With Simon Danielli unavailable due to injury, David McIlwaine moves from fullback to left wing and Adam D'Arcy is promoted from the bench to cover the No 15 jersey. Mark McCrea makes his first competitive start as Andrew Trimble moves from the right wing to outside centre and Ian Whitten takes the inside centre position with Paddy Wallace moving to out-half.

Up front Paddy McAllister starts in the front row with Tom Court moving to the bench and Dan Tuohy partners Johann Muller in the second row this week. The rotation of the backrow players continues - Chris Henry starts this week ahead of Pedrie Wannenburg but in the openside position with Stephen Ferris moving to the blindside flank. Robbie Diack retains his place at No.8.

ULSTER: (15-9) Adam D'Arcy: Mark McCrea, Andrew Trimble, Ian Whitten, David McIlwaine; Paddy Wallace, Ruan Pienaar (1-8) Paddy McAllister, Rory Best (Captain), BJ Botha, Johann Muller, Dan Tuohy, Stephen Ferris, Chris Henry, Robbie Diack

Replacements: Andi Kyriacou, Tom Court, Bryan Young, Ryan Caldwell, Pedrie Wannenburg, Paul Marshall, Ian Humphreys, Nevin Spence

The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Looks like Kidney influence to me.

Adam D'Arcy
Mark McCrea
Andrew Trimble
Ian Whitten
David McIlwaine
Paddy Wallace
Ruan Pienaar
Paddy McAllister
Rory Best (Captain)
BJ Botha
Johann Muller
Dan Tuohy
Stephen Ferris
Chris Henry
Robbie Diack

Andi Kyriacou
Tom Court
Bryan Young
Ryan Caldwell
Pedrie Wannenburg
Paul Marshall
Ian Humphreys
Nevin Spence
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Looks like a Kidney infection if you ask me.

Ulster going for the all comers record of never playing anyone in the backs in the same position more than twice! Excuse me if I sound a bit distraught looking for some continuity.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Thought about the team and have went to the Prediction League and changed my prediction for Friday night accordingly....
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I have a feeling this crazy selection ain't gonna work!

Fullback on the wing
Wing in the center
Center at outhalf

Blindside at openside
Number 8 at Blindside

The mind boggles as to why it wouldn't have been easier to leave McIlwaine at 15, leave Trimble on the wing and stick young Spence at 13. I assume the Wallace move and backrow shuffle are orders from the great baldy one in Dublin. :roll:
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Not wanting to berate McL, who is doing his best - but I do get the feeling the selection meeting currently consists of a blindfold, 23 player photographs, a felt tip pen a piece of A4 paper and a Ouija Board.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I don't have a problem with this selection at all.....must be missing something.
Ringer
Novice

Post by Ringer »

dont see McCrea and McIlwaine getting too many passes in their bread basket with that centre selection!

Good to see McAllister being given a chance and a stronger selection than anticipated. Think we could struggle defensively against the Edinburgh backs however with a scratch three quarter line