Ulster v Edinburgh Positives and Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Edinburgh Positives and Negatives

Post by Jackie Brown »

He should have carded the both of them or just spoken with them. Ford deserved more than a slap.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Craigers
Novice

Post by Craigers »

The main positive was that we are in the final. One of the main negatives for me was the behaviour of some of the fans. Have to agree with Snipe about the services being like Beirut with people 'relieving' themselves up against the wall and having to jump over the puddles from those who have gone before. I follow both football and rugby and was at those services last year after Northern Ireland v Scotland. There was none of that kind of behaviour then. I suppose I'm trying to pre-empt those who would say it was the behaviour of a football crowd. It actually reminded me of the odysey at kicking out time! Any kind of behaviour is seen as acceptable due to the vast consumption of alchohol. I suppose success of the team attracts ppl who have never followed rugby before, which is positive for the growth of the game, but some of the behaviour was out of order.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Craigers » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 pm

The main positive was that we are in the final. One of the main negatives for me was the behaviour of some of the fans. Have to agree with Snipe about the services being like Beirut with people 'relieving' themselves up against the wall and having to jump over the puddles from those who have gone before. I follow both football and rugby and was at those services last year after Northern Ireland v Scotland.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats because there wasnt 40,000 NI supporters at the match, and we wernt down all day on the pi$h!
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Craigers wrote:The main positive was that we are in the final. One of the main negatives for me was the behaviour of some of the fans. Have to agree with Snipe about the services being like Beirut with people 'relieving' themselves up against the wall and having to jump over the puddles from those who have gone before. I follow both football and rugby and was at those services last year after Northern Ireland v Scotland. There was none of that kind of behaviour then. I suppose I'm trying to pre-empt those who would say it was the behaviour of a football crowd. It actually reminded me of the odysey at kicking out time! Any kind of behaviour is seen as acceptable due to the vast consumption of alchohol. I suppose success of the team attracts ppl who have never followed rugby before, which is positive for the growth of the game, but some of the behaviour was out of order.
I would be in agreement with you Craigers BUT, how many fans went to that NI v Scotland game??
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

It's not about football fans vs rugby fans. There are many football fans who know how to have a drink and not disgrace themselves. Louts are louts.........
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Shane Horgan on Sky's Rugby Club said, semi-finals are not about bonus points or about trys scored etc, etc, etc but about WINNING, guess what folks we won and are in the final..

The biggest positive is that I had my flights, hotel and tickets booked for the final before the Munster game :cheers: :duck:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Craigers
Novice

Post by Craigers »

Glad u find me funny fuzzy! Yeah ok we are taking about different numbers but still don't see how that is acceptable behaviour. Being on the lash doesn't excuse people acting like that. By drawing comparisons to the football im trying to show how even though people were drinking all day etc, but they weren't pis£in up against the wall in full view of women and kids.
ulsterrr
Novice

Post by ulsterrr »

Wasn't just on the way home. The amount of our fans trying to wind people up / start fights with each other in ground was dreadful! I am all for people doing what they want as everyone pays to be in the ground but theres a line and so many "ulster" fans were unable to enjoy the game due to morons! Should have been a few kicked out of the ground!

One plus was when one moron started on someone in front of him not realising he had a few friends around him and one of which was a big lad... Moron didn't stand up once more in the last 25 minutes :) Terrified! :salut: :cheers:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

You should have been in Temple Bar last night, god's toilet.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Not Ulster fans btw!
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by LastKnightoftheproms » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Large queues for the toilets and Burger king. Lots of happy people. Despite the queues for the toilets group of small children that I was shepherding were ushered to the front of the queue.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone was queued out the door back behind the middle till. The smart thinkers of Larne RFC Bus No.1 nipped in, went to the toilet then came out and started our own queue at the right hand till. In and out in less than 15mins :D
Mary had a little lamb . . .
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

Snipe Watson wrote:It's not about football fans vs rugby fans. There are many football fans who know how to have a drink and not disgrace themselves. Louts are louts.........
I know lots of rugby fans who get full as shucks and don't disgrace themselves too.

That said, when I was gracing the pitch and played in far off lands like Enniskillen/Omagh/Donegal etc etc, it was not unknown to have what we affectionately called a "pi$h stop" on the way home. This involved peeing in a layby into bushes and such like.

I hope I haven't shocked anyone with this revelation.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

POSITIVES
In the final (never thought I'd say that again!)
Atmosphere was electric
Pienaar
Scrum
Line out
Took our chances
Defence

NEGATIVES
Play at the breakdown, too slack and casual
Basic errors
Faloon (hopefully his last game for us)
Went to sleep for their try

It's a semi-final, take the win and run like a bandit!

Out of interest, when is the ball 'out' of a scrum? When it passes the 8's back foot? If I'm honest I thought Poite got it right.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
UIBF
Novice

Post by UIBF »

ruckover wrote: Out of interest, when is the ball 'out' of a scrum? When it passes the 8's back foot? If I'm honest I thought Poite got it right.
If you're talking about the try, imho the ball was "out" and then brought back in - which is a free kick offence. It was very tight though.

Who cares if the ref got it wrong though.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

ruckover wrote:POSITIVES
In the final (never thought I'd say that again!)
Atmosphere was electric
Pienaar
Scrum
Line out
Took our chances
Defence

NEGATIVES
Play at the breakdown, too slack and casual
Basic errors
Faloon (hopefully his last game for us)
Went to sleep for their try

It's a semi-final, take the win and run like a bandit!

Out of interest, when is the ball 'out' of a scrum? When it passes the 8's back foot? If I'm honest I thought Poite got it right.
The ball is out when it is behind the backmost foot of the scrum. It was right on the margin thre. Probably need a freeze frame to be absolutely certain.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall