Norn Iron / Ulster

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster/Norn Iron

Post by big mervyn »

UncleFester wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
UncleFester wrote:Unless they also represent multiple countries going by the team.
Translation? :scratch:
Ulster are only a representative side if it is representing the multiple countries that provide the players.

In simple term, it is now not a representative side.
So, by your own reasoning, why would somebody from say, Newry, be a bigot for supporting Leinster? It would be akin to somebody from Wigan choosing Liverpool over Man United.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

pythagoras wrote:
UncleFester wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
Uncle Fester if you were to support Munster I'd definitely not call you a bigot.
How can a man be a bigot for supporting Munster? :scratch:
I think this has went over your head somewhat.

There are people in NI who refuse to support Ulster as they see them as a Northern Ireland based team and cannot bring themselves to support them for that reason, choosing teams from the south instead. It is not about who they support, more about who they don't and the reasons why.
Well I support Liverpool, I'd shout for them before any irish team.
Some teams are special, like Munster and Liverpool
You could support Cork "whatever" if you could keep up with the name changes.

It's a free world and you can support who you want.
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

big mervyn wrote:
UncleFester wrote: Ulster are only a representative side if it is representing the multiple countries that provide the players.

So, by your own reasoning, why would somebody from say, Newry, be a bigot for supporting Leinster? It would be akin to somebody from Wigan choosing Liverpool over Man United.

It would depend on their reasons for doing so. If it was unrelated to not wanting to support a Northern Ireland based team, then no. They can choose to support who they want.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

UncleFester wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
UncleFester wrote: Ulster are only a representative side if it is representing the multiple countries that provide the players.

It would depend on their reasons for doing so. If it was unrelated to not wanting to support a Northern Ireland based team, then no. They can choose to support who they want.
You're obviously a very small minded man. People can support who they want for whatever reason.....get over it.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

pythagoras wrote:

Well I just hope Munster are not as special as Liverpool or else we could be in for years of pain. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

Jockster wrote:
UncleFester wrote:
big mervyn wrote: So, by your own reasoning, why would somebody from say, Newry, be a bigot for supporting Leinster? It would be akin to somebody from Wigan choosing Liverpool over Man United.

You're obviously a very small minded man. People can support who they want for whatever reason.....get over it.
Indeed they can Jockster. Those reasons can include bigotry and prejudices of all kinds. No point in burying heads in the sand and pretending otherwise.

The joys of living in a free world, and nothing small minded about that.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

UncleFester wrote:
pythagoras wrote:
UncleFester wrote:As for the tw@ts who choose one of the 3 southern teams as they can bring themselves to support the team on their own doorstep due to their own petty bigotry. If they never darken the gates of Ravenhill, it will be too soon.
Uncle Fester if you were to support Munster I'd definitely not call you a bigot.
How can a man be a bigot for supporting Munster? :scratch:
I think this has went over your head somewhat.

There are people in NI who refuse to support Ulster as they see them as a Northern Ireland based team and cannot bring themselves to support them for that reason, choosing teams from the south instead. It is not about who they support, more about who they don't and the reasons why.
Uncle Fester, go back to Munsterfans. Your deed is done.
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

Munster?
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Shan wrote:
pythagoras wrote:

Well I just hope Munster are not as special as Liverpool or else we could be in for years of pain. :D
That's the worry alright. When NE sports bought the Red Sox they hadn't won a world series since 1918.
They broke the curse pretty quick. I hoping they'll do the same at Liverpool.
Judge Dredd
Site Moderator

Post by Judge Dredd »

Again Citizen Al, I must ask you if there is any evidence of trolling or similar disruptive behaviour please either put up or shut up and pm a mod.
"To protect and serve"
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

Yep we're very lucky we live in a free part of the world to make our own choices. Bigots and all :cheers:
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Fester is a poster from Munsterfans and an avid Musnter fan. I've read his posts there.

He or she is not a distressed Ulster fan worried about Ulster/NI.
tayside
Novice

Post by tayside »

I am a Linfield and NI fan as well as following Ulster. Clearly a bigot so I am. Spent over an hour last Saturday after the game speaking to a Leinster fan about all th world's ills. Best Craic I've had in a while.
UncleFester
Novice

Post by UncleFester »

Big-al wrote:Fester is a poster from Munsterfans and an avid Musnter fan. I've read his posts there.

He or she is not a distressed Ulster fan worried about Ulster/NI.
It's UncleFester to you and you thinking I'm a Munster fan is mighty funny.

IUTID
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Judge Dredd wrote:Again Citizen Al, I must ask you if there is any evidence of trolling or similar disruptive behaviour please either put up or shut up and pm a mod.

This mod has posted more than any other mod pro rata, is there a power trip of just likes the authoritaaaay :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”