Munster 2012/13

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Munster 2012/13

Post by Shan »

Good win today but it has to be said that Edinburgh really are very poor.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Shan wrote:Good win today but it has to be said that Edinburgh really are very poor.
We are playing them Friday night in the Rabo. Wonder will Bradley still be there?

In fairness, you needed a five pointer today after last week. Pressure was on and your boys delivered. :thumleft:
You not got it in yer head yet we are playing Dragons this Friday in Newport, then playing Edinburgh following Friday at Ravenhill, will save you an extra trip to the big smoke next Friday :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Rob Penney as quoted in Gerry Thornley's piece in today's Irish Times:

“As I’ve said we’ve still got to ride the rollercoaster and we’re still getting better at what we’re trying to do and I’m really rapt with their perseverance. Because it would have been easy to go back to what we know.

“And they’re hearing it. They’re in the public arena. ‘Why are you trying to do this for? Why don’t you go back to . . . ?’ But as I’ve explained to the lads when you are going through anything new as an athlete you end up in a dark place. They call it the pit and you end up in the pit for a while and it’s very frustrating and it’s a horrible place to be because it’s so easy to go back. But when you pop out of it the sun’s a lot brighter and you can actually far exceed anything you were able to do previously.

“So we’re just on the bottom of that pit I think, still trying to work our way out but there’s light at the end of the tunnel and I think given another few months of this understanding and us working together and having faith in each other we’ll be a better side and we’ll continue to be a better side.”
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Yes, sorry Rooster. Next home game I mean. :duh:
Feckin 'ell here is a song for Rooster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdOPUj9 ... ure=fvwrel
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

Just noticed for anyone interested and capable of tuning in that ESPN Classics are showing A Limerick Love Affair tonight at 2000. The programme information shown for it says "Blessed with a naturally cool, damp climate (some would say the ideal conditions for rugby union), Munster Rugby have become 15 a side phenomenon. Obviously a repeat but I can't recall it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

waggonsroll wrote:Just noticed for anyone interested and capable of tuning in that ESPN Classics are showing A Limerick Love Affair tonight at 2000. The programme information shown for it says "Blessed with a naturally cool, damp climate (some would say the ideal conditions for rugby union), Munster Rugby have become 15 a side phenomenon. Obviously a repeat but I can't recall it.
I should have watched that as I assumed they only ever played with ten.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Clearly Jazzbeg you wouldn't have tuned in to see their young players scoring 4 tries against Zebre.

A timely return with a try for Felix Jones, another try tucked away by Luke O'Dea & on his first start, two tries for the highly impressive JJ Hanrahan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Cookie Munster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4FU9SvW-Bk

I thought this was so funny!
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Watching Manster against Scarlets , borefest and Jesus what ever happened to the BIG crowds, money can't be that tight in the rebel county or have they dwindled back to their GAA roots
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Niall Ronan stretchered off with what could be a very serious neck injury.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

3-3 (or 6-3 to the Turnips) wouldn't be a bad result for Ulster.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ah LKOTP I didn't think of ye being on here.

Máire has a great accent for Irish. So passionate. Wonder if she is the same in other endeavours. :D

The rain and wind are usual Cork weather at this time of year. Remember a few years ago a penalty which went through the posts and then blew back into the pitch. Think it was Manning who kicked it.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Samstew wrote:Niall Ronan stretchered off with what could be a very serious neck injury.
Aye, saw that. Hope to god all that stuff was the usual "precautionary".

As for the game, the conditions are appalling. Never seen 30 players run as hard the get off the pitch.

Tea cosy blond lady is getting very airiated with bald beardy man about the Niall Ronan indecent. Many "agus's" are being used.

Thank god the welsh are greedy shits because we will hump that Scarlets team next week.

They had a chat, in Welsh, which was roughly translated as being that the injury is not as serious as first thought but the player has gone to hospital to be checked out, I hope all goes well.

I organised a tour a few years ago to Cork for my youngest son's Under 16's side and they played Dolphin at Musgrave Park.
We ended up with 4 seasons in one game, absolutely atrocious weather.
He is sitting here having a laugh at this game saying that it is bringing back memories of curry sauce and chips and Elvis outfits :lol:
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I hope your man is cited. Flying head butts are not part of the sanctioned clear-outs! As for the Scarlets we'll have to do it ourselves. (Sinn Fein! :lol: )
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote: Might one ask? If you know Maire's phone number? :D

I am in awe of her collection of tea cosies. Tonight's grey one with a ball on the top is stunning.

I once played in a school boy game where the wind and sleet was driving so hard that a conversion blew back through the posts. One of the wingers was crying - I'm serious.

Anyway, games all over now. Felix Jones just showed a basic lack of skill. Try Skaaalets.

Anyway, back to Alainn Babog Maire. Is she married?
Tá tú madra an-salach. :D

I am afraid I don't have her number. I wouldn't mind but she went to college in Limerick at Mary Immaculate College which is mostly a place where future teachers go. I never saw her around the town though. I could easily imagine her as a school mistress with a nice cane in her hands. OK I need to calm it. :D :D

As for her being married I don't think so but I am not quite that obsessed that I have actually trawled through the register of marriages in Ireland to find out for sure and even if I did I wouldn't be announcing such an endeavour. >EW
"I love the fact that I'm presenting the rugby and that I'm a girl," says Maire Treasa Ni Dhubhghaill, who is also the face of the youth-orientated show Ponc.

"The lads are playing the sport and you don't want to see just a crowd of lads the whole time. It's not just a pretty face on screen, we have to do our research; we have to know what we're talking about; we have to have an interest in it. We're not just the token on the sidelines. If I didn't know what I was talking about, I wouldn't be there, because you have rugby fanatics and they want to hear analysis. They want you to break down the match and ask the right questions. You have to respect the fans."

The romance that they feel for the language, for two of them at least, is beyond mere conversation. For Maire Treasa, there is a rather sweet story behind her upbringing through Irish. Her father spoke English until he met her mother and moved to the Gaeltacht. "He learnt Irish as an adult," she says. "He's never spoken English since."
In fairness if she is that conceited that she thinks she is so pretty I wouldn't be bothered with her. :lol: :lol: