Should I attend an Ulster game?

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Monaghanulster
Novice

Re: Should I attend an Ulster game?

Post by Monaghanulster »

big mervyn wrote:If he is a wum, he's certainly reeled in a few numpties in this thread.

A courteous response to the query would be the last thing a genuine shyte stirrer was looking for.
If a WUM was to put as much time into a thread as I have I think he/she would be the biggest fool of the lot. Where I live there is no difference in British Irish, Protestant/Catholic. Half my family are English and half Irish. I spend my summers in London when off from lecturing. My sisters are married to great protestant men (not that it matters what religion they born into). I'm about one of the most neutral characters you'll come across. That's why from the beginning I stated both tricolours at Irish games and NI/crown flags at Ulster games. I take no side. But I was unsure if the majority of those in raven hill would be neutral like me or if they were one sided.I have come to learn what I was wishing to hear. I.E the Northern Ireland flags are flown with no intent to offend or repel those living in the ROI. I can't believe that there's so much paranoia on here, for somebody to feel like they have to give their background to get peoples approval.

Thank you again for all the great contributions. :bowdown:
ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Post by ardsrugbyards »

after reading the poor spelling of the county that he lives in i lost interest and didn't bother reading any further into the post, as we have had this debate before on here and it seems he is just stirring crap up, i have seen plenty of GAA jackets and shirts on the prom at the ravers and no one batters an eyelid.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by BR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:50 pm

If this is some kid or a WUM, he's gone to an awful lot of trouble creating an entire back-story. Can people not just accept that there are some genuine folk out there in web-world?
Yes, I certainly can, but his first post and another one read a little off. I mean come on, can anyone here ever remember seeing union jacks flying on the terrace at Ravers? Let alone, can anyone find these photos the OP was talking about.

Theres just something a little too strange about his first post, the way it reads, its slightly inflammatory but smart enough to look rather inane. I dont like it. Its like hes trying to stir, but doing so by acting dumb.

Add the that the fact he has 22 posts, none of which are actually about rugby.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Monaghanulster
Novice

Post by Monaghanulster »

ardsrugbyards wrote: i have seen plenty of GAA jackets and shirts on the prom at the ravers and no one batters an eyelid.
Now read the following rubbish thread and realise how this thread may be good for setting people straight about Ravenhill.
http://www.hoganstand.com/OtherSports/M ... icID=74952
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Monaghanulster wrote:
ardsrugbyards wrote: i have seen plenty of GAA jackets and shirts on the prom at the ravers and no one batters an eyelid.
Now read the following thread and realise how this thread may be good for setting people straight about Ravenhill.
http://www.hoganstand.com/OtherSports/M ... icID=74952
You should then be familiar with the fact that forums attract idiots like flies to what TheElephantMan was talking. Hoganstand clearly has a few buckejits.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Idiots
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I for one believe MU to be legit however, an Ickle bit of doubt is hanging around.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
The thing that really "winds me up" is that I have been fiddling around for days trying to work out how to edit a username on the control panel! :evil:

I give up! How did you do it? :scratch:
Why ye want to know...............you going to do a Dr Who? :lol:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Had an interesting PM convo with our new friend. I am now fairly sold on him being a WUM.

I'm still waiting to see these images that are so easy to search for showing all the union jacks at Ravenhill.

He also took a little hissy fit when I called him out on his winey bitching and now I am the wrong type of supporter rugby should be attracting.

He also wished me good night and threw in the whole "Thats all people with nothing to say write" when he had nothing else to say ...
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

If he turns up on the terrace, I will find him, I will stand behind him and I will pour my pint over his heed :lol:
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

fuzzylogic wrote:If he turns up on the terrace, I will find him, I will stand behind him and I will pour my pint over his heed :lol:
Ah Fuzzy ......we'll soon have 18,000 seats to fill.........keep going like that with your pints
on the poor innocent newbie's and you'll be a very sober and poor man!! :lol:
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Monaghanulster
Novice

Post by Monaghanulster »

fuzzylogic wrote:If he turns up on the terrace, I will find him, I will stand behind him and I will pour my pint over his heed :lol:
Make it a Guinness. I'll be wearing a Mexican hat to catch the most of it. I'll buy you a hot whiskey in return :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

It will never work cos HWM will leap like a salmon and intercept the stout before it hits his head.

For the record....BR regards such a wanton waste of stout that as a capital offence.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Monaghanulster » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Make it a Guinness. I'll be wearing a Mexican hat to catch the most of it. I'll buy you a hot whiskey in return

As long as theres no sugar or honey in it. Dont want the boiling liquid sticking to the skin.
Monaghanulster
Novice

Post by Monaghanulster »

You could be doing with the sweetness. Out of interest Fuzzy, what subject is the Phd on that you said you were undertaking?