Sarries away it is then....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Sarries away it is then....

Post by bazzaj »

HammerTime wrote:Devastated all the same, Edinburgh a disgrace to the comp.
+1
Throw in some of the Welsh regions and the Italian sides and suddenly its the reason why you dont get home ties with 23 points.
The disparity betweem sides is bigger than ever.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:When do Sarries have to announce the venue for the quarter final
They should already have nominated it to ERC
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

bazzaj wrote:
+1
Throw in some of the Welsh regions and the Italian sides and suddenly its the reason why you dont get home ties with 23 points.
Strange - neither of the runner-up sides came from an Itialian group = when was the last time that happened????
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

bazzaj wrote:
+1
it also shows why you can't just hand the top 2 seeds home semi finals. Look at the state of Harlequins group, also Saracens musn't be any big shakes considering they just scrapped through with a HQF from a group consisting of Munster, Racing Metro and Edinburgh (two are a joke and the 3rd is a shadow of their former self).
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

Jackie Brown wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
+1
it also shows why you can't just hand the top 2 seeds home semi finals. Look at the state of Harlequins group, also Saracens musn't be any big shakes considering they just scrapped through with a HQF from a group consisting of Munster, Racing Metro and Edinburgh (two are a joke and the 3rd is a shadow of their former self).
Indeed - would argue that Tigers are the most deserving English Quarter-Finalist, and their reward is 6th seed and a trip to Toulon! The argument for change in the Heineken Cup has been given serious evidence this year with the likes of Edinburgh and Zebre.
WOODY
Novice

Post by WOODY »

Bloke I work with is a sarries season ticket holder. He told me that once they move it is the intention to play any european knock out games at their new stadium with tempory seating put in to take it to the min 15k. They are one of the worst supported teams in the league and despite what they get at wembley for one off games, this will sell out though. Not sure what the erc ruling is on plastic pitches so this may come into it too, so may be played elsewhere in the end.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

SF draw

Saracens / Ulster v Toulon /Tigers
ASM Clermont / Montpellier v Quins / Munster
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Jackie Brown wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
+1
Sour grapes Jackie?

That "joke" of a team called Racing won as many matches as the mighty Castres. Let's not forget the naivest act in the whole group stages when castres played on aftr 80mins with Ulster more than 2 scores ahead and gave Ulster the chance to get a 4 try BP at Ravenhill.
tazman
Novice

Post by tazman »

Home semi if we get past Sarries. The other result that I would take is Toulon/Tigers at home in semi (when we get there :red:), it is a lot better than quins or Clermont at this time. Just have to concentrate on getting the lads back from injury and get a run going heading into April, its still there for us
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

I can't see the QF being at Wembley given there is a football game there on Sunday.

They won't want the pitch cut up and the stadium advertising would all have to be changed.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Sarries will have already nominated their ground. What ground it is I don't know but it will be announced on Tuesday/Wednesday. Still think they'll go for Vicarage Road.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

If the possibility of a home semi isn't incentive for our boys I don't know what is.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Bit of a cheek those complaining about the Gunners weakness when we were delighted to draw them in the Semi last season.

Can hardly be happy to draw them as a weak opposition and then gurn when they let in four and we lose a home semi ourselves!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

So, I just booked my flights to London, in Friday lunch time, home Monday morning. That should cover whatever possibilty Saracens go for. Hope for a triple header at Twickenham but as long as they keep it south of Birmingham...
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
tazman
Novice

Post by tazman »

ruckover wrote:Sarries will have already nominated their ground. What ground it is I don't know but it will be announced on Tuesday/Wednesday. Still think they'll go for Vicarage Road.
Will Allianz Park not be open by then :scratch: or is the capacity too small for the QF. If it is too small, I think it will be Vicarage Road so