Montpellier Away Heineken Cup

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Montpellier Away Heineken Cup

Post by BR »

browner wrote:
BR wrote: Now - what could we find to do in Birmingham airport for 10 hours ...
Kabbadi?
Never tried it. Is it anything like Kingfisher?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
keirhardy
Novice

Post by keirhardy »

Is anyone going G.Best -Leeds - Montpelier Thursday /Monday .Is there a fear of cross winds at Leeds?£126
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Belfast/Stanstead/Carcassonne...£122 all-in...Train approx £40 return...staying at the Ibis Comedie.

ps...Ryanair now charge 7 EURO per flight for on-line check-in...have i read that correctly?
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

browner wrote:Belfast/Stanstead/Carcassonne...£122 all-in...Train approx £40 return...staying at the Ibis Comedie.

ps...Ryanair now charge 7 EURO per flight for on-line check-in...have i read that correctly?

wouldn't surprise me. When it comes to charging for things there is absolutely nothing that yer man o'leary won't try - even if it is effectively charging you for using your own computer!
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
WOLF
Novice

Post by WOLF »

Four of us booked up so far from Edinburgh. Quite reasonable for any other Scottish exiles interested.

18/10/2013:
Edinburgh to Birmingham (Flybe) 1500
Birmingham to Montpellier(Ryanair) 1805
20/10/2013:
Beziers (50miles from Montpellier) to Edinburgh (Ryanair) 1525

All flights £150

Staying at the ibis Montpellier Centre Comédie: £60 per person for 2 nights.

All in all, not to Craigavad for a wee trip to the South of France to see our beloved Ulster! SUFTUM! :red:
Hounds of Ulster - Established 2003
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

When I was booking my ryanair flight to treviso, I had to watch a fecking advert just to book the thing!
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

browner wrote:Belfast/Stanstead/Carcassonne...£122 all-in...Train approx £40 return...staying at the Ibis Comedie.

As far as I know, certainly for a couple of years at least they always have, no different to any of the other lowcost airlines. The difference is that they now have to itemise this in your booking, so for instance the fare will include any and sometimes all of

EU levy
Web Check-in
Admin Fee
Taxes

They then sell fares in a range of offers, some will for instance be 'No Taxes', some are 'free check-in', etc...

At the end of the day these fees are all included in teh price you are quoted, its only 'optional extras' beyond those that can get added afterwards, such as priority boarding, luggage, etc. So if you have booked and paid for your flight you wont have to pay another £7 to check-in.

Ryanair take a fair amount of stick on these type of forums but for my money I think they can and often do deliver good value. Like I said in an earlier post i am flying return from Bristol to Beziers for £61 after all fees and taxes (admitedly only carry on baggage). Compare that part of my journey to the fact that I have to pay Firstgreatwestern £31.80 to get to the airport in Bristol (only 25 miles from my front door) or I pay Bristol Airport £27 to leave my car in a field for 3 days and all of a sudden I am wishing Mr O'Leary could put a bid in to run the trains on the South Western line!!!

SUFTU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

FlatTop wrote:Some sense
www.stoutboys.co.uk
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Flights booked Belfast to Gatwick 18-20 with easyjet
Prices for Gatwick to Montpelier are circa 250 so considering eurostar to lille then tgv to Montpelier for 160 return
Hotel Angleterre booked as well so decision time looms:)
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Flat-Top wrote...
So if you have booked and paid for your flight you wont have to pay another £7 to check-in.
Seems i have misread it Topper.... :salut:
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Seems the hotel booking sites have got wind of the surge in bookings that weekend .. my hotel shot up 70/80 euros since I booked it on tuesday and another hotel I looked at also risen by a similar price !!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Seems the hotel booking sites have got wind of the surge in bookings that weekend .. my hotel shot up 70/80 euros since I booked it on tuesday and another hotel I looked at also risen by a similar price !!!
It's probably just as well that the hotels are aware of all the hotel bookings that weekend. :scratch:
www.stoutboys.co.uk
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

For those still to book flights another route to consider is Bel/Luton/Nimes followed by a short train ride down to Montpellier...pretty reasonably priced at the moment with good flight times but a tight connection gap on the outward journey.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

BR wrote:
Surrey Red Hand wrote:Seems the hotel booking sites have got wind of the surge in bookings that weekend .. my hotel shot up 70/80 euros since I booked it on tuesday and another hotel I looked at also risen by a similar price !!!
It's probably just as well that the hotels are aware of all the hotel bookings that weekend. :scratch:

Ha ha ... you're funneeee :thumleft:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A wee thought chappies is that most hotels will do as good if not better deal direct as going through a third party booking site.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best