5 reasons why we will win on Saturday

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

daveysemtex
Novice

Re: 5 reasons why we will win on Saturday

Post by daveysemtex »

leinster successfully defended 3 catch and drives from 5m out last sunday when the game was in the balance, doing it with a forward in the bin. The mechanics appeared questionably illegal but owens, as ref, didn't seem to have an issue. There was no concerted or choreographed drive more of what I would call a scramble of ladyboys off their line and into the middle of the castres maul before it was set.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I would be willing to bet that they didnt compete in the those lineouts Dave despite my not seeing the game.
McCaw was the absolute master of what you described going through and getting hands on the ball, though as you say the legalities of it were more often ignored in the melee.
Tis a tactic worth consideration I would say.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

daveysemtex wrote:leinster successfully defended 3 catch and drives from 5m out last sunday when the game was in the balance, doing it with a forward in the bin. The mechanics appeared questionably illegal but owens, as ref, didn't seem to have an issue. There was no concerted or choreographed drive more of what I would call a scramble of ladyboys off their line and into the middle of the castres maul before it was set.
Nail on head, Owens and his whistle style is going to be the weight that tips the scales in our favour.

Leinster were also obliterated in the scrum and had no back row performance of merit.

I see allot of parallels in the two games.....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

We will smash them at the breakdown. That and Ruan are why we will win.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Big Smoke Culchie wrote:You should never underestimate Leicester. If you look over the past 20 years they are by far the best club in England. They have a big history which they are very proud of and a passionate support. I only wish Ulster could have been as successful as them over the previous 20 years.

Saying that, I've never been more confident of an Ulster win at Welford Road. Personally, I'd like to see Salvi trampled underfoot. The guy really is a massive tool. It's going to be a bit of a battle and a few boys who expected to be training with Ireland next week could find themselves in the treatment room instead.
This. Leicester have a tremendous tradition and a great club pride. They hate to lose, especially at home. They will come at you for a full 80 mins and never concede until the final whistle blows. They probably have more dog than any other English club. I am optimistic for a win here - but it won't be easy.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Certainly one if not the greatest Rugby Clubs in England, and I'm more than happy to be seen as the underdogs :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25762095

Lets hit them high ... and 'drink em dry' as the Club official says on the BBC clip
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Cockers also said we have similarities, I agree, two good old fashioned well supported sides with a lot to offer, this is going to be epic.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

tigerburnie wrote:Cockers also said we have similarities, I agree, two good old fashioned well supported sides with a lot to offer, this is going to be epic.
Hope Cockers has an argument with Nigel at half time :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Hope it is epic, quite often these matches never live up to their billing, then again last years match at the Saints was verging on epic. I suspect the weather and ref will have their part to play though, hopefully in our favour.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

fairly bricking it now to be honest. i'll be happy just for the game to start so I can decide within 30 seconds of the kickoff whether we're the kings of Europe or deserving of an absolute hiding. :o

heart says we'll win within 8 points and my head is convinced we'll take away an LBP. i expect it to be closer either way. wish I could make it but I'd probably have an unspeakable dose of fear waiting around the pubs of Leicester before 6. good luck to all travelling and enjoying SUFTUM'ing on ourr behalf :D :fleg:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Loki wrote:fairly bricking it now to be honest. i'll be happy just for the game to start so I can decide within 30 seconds of the kickoff whether we're the kings of Europe or deserving of an absolute hiding. :o

heart says we'll win within 8 points and my head is convinced we'll take away an LBP. i expect it to be closer either way. wish I could make it but I'd probably have an unspeakable dose of fear waiting around the pubs of Leicester before 6. good luck to all travelling and enjoying SUFTUM'ing on ourr behalf :D :fleg:
Peace be with you my son, fear not the beast for I will be there to see him tamed & gulder on your behalf. Yeah though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the PRL, I will nat fear the evil barstewards, because verily, we are a better team who have not scratched & scraped our way to this point but have commanded all we have surveyed with practised ease.

Progress may not be serene tomorrow, but it will happen - just as long as 23 men from Ulster, South Africa, NZ & sundry arts & parts, understand that they have considerably more talent & step onto thon tiny wee handkerchief of a pitch with the believe in the veracity of that obvious truth & the stomach for the fight to prove it.

Heads & hearts & its a done deal. :cheers: :red: :fleg:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrrssssssss

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re:ONE reason why we will win on Saturday

Post by BR »

We are Ulstermen!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Re:ONE reason why we will win on Saturday

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:We are Ulstermen!
Even our non-Ulster men are ULSTERMEN!!!!! :cheers:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UpAtSix
Initiate

Re: Re:ONE reason why we will win on Saturday

Post by UpAtSix »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:We are Ulstermen!