Spreading the Brand no 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TMHG
Initiate

Re: Spreading the Brand no 3

Post by TMHG »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
damianmcr wrote: Ravenhill is not the problem, it can't be easy travelling round trips of 100 miles and more but lots do, there is no alternative and as Munster can attest there is insufficient funding for a two centre province,it is wrecking their finances.
The change in Munster's arrangements has only got to do with where the players train (at the moment there are bases both in Cork and Limerick). They are moving all training to the University of Limerick (think UL are paying them to move training there). The issue was that the squad were only training together 2 days a week (and it entailed a lot of travelling between Limerick & Cork for them).

Musgrave Park in Cork is getting a new stand which will increase capacity to about 10K (Planning permission secured and Munster sold some land to pay for it), so Munster will continue to play in Musgrave & Thomond Park. Munster's administration is also in Cork.

Munster A play all their games in different club grounds around Munster - they get decent attendances as well.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Rooster wrote:
bootlaced wrote:
Rooster wrote:They do the summer camps for kids round the province and players turn up at those, players will also go to clubs, many attend matches in their home town clubs when they are off etc. What more do you suggest they do ?
They had a training session in Donegal last summer as well now I just remembered

I could possibly suggest more[the more information I get the easier it is to come up with solutions], but if you can kindly inform me of the areas, clubs,schools and dates of where Ulster have been for the last 2-3 seasons for example I may be able to help.
What is your definition of Ulster ? The entire side ?
Or a few players ?
Coaches and RDO's that work in schools ?
Individual players visiting clubs ?

Wise up if you think I know all the times places and dates or if I did would even start to list them all but put it like this there were some out today and there will be some out tomorrow.

Better idea for you is if you know a school that may be interested or a club that wants a player or coach get them to contact UR and I'm pretty sure they will get a response.
well as fermain would say what a pedantic post,myself I would look towards words like Crozier rooster now why don't you and grumpy justgo away...
Last edited by fermain on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited to remove personal abuse.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TMHG wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
damianmcr wrote: Ravenhill is not the problem, it can't be easy travelling round trips of 100 miles and more but lots do, there is no alternative and as Munster can attest there is insufficient funding for a two centre province,it is wrecking their finances.
The change in Munster's arrangements has only got to do with where the players train (at the moment there are bases both in Cork and Limerick). They are moving all training to the University of Limerick (think UL are paying them to move training there). The issue was that the squad were only training together 2 days a week (and it entailed a lot of travelling between Limerick & Cork for them).

Musgrave Park in Cork is getting a new stand which will increase capacity to about 10K (Planning permission secured and Munster sold some land to pay for it), so Munster will continue to play in Musgrave & Thomond Park. Munster's administration is also in Cork.

Munster A play all their games in different club grounds around Munster - they get decent attendances as well.
They backed the wrong horse with the stadium in Limerick

sent from my crozier
TMHG
Initiate

Post by TMHG »

Russ wrote:
TMHG wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

They backed the wrong horse with the stadium in Limerick

sent from my crozier
How do you make that out? Munster still has more widespread support in its own Provinces than any of the other Provinces, so going on that, they made the right choice.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Auld boot has left the building
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!