2014 Autumn Internationals

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Re: 2014 Autumn Internationals

Post by Wee Woman »

Be interesting as a Sky customer to see if I can get this on Sky and RTE.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thanks. Ouch! - back to the PC then.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Anyone else feel like Sexton will get a new/recurrance of an injury, and we'll end up with Madigan 10, Darcy 12, and Payne 13? That's a whole lot of tackling for Darcy to get through
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

MattMo wrote:Anyone else feel like Sexton will get a new/recurrance of an injury, and we'll end up with Madigan 10, Darcy 12, and Payne 13? That's a whole lot of tackling for Darcy to get through
Good

The sky is darkest before the dawn
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

MattMo wrote:Anyone else feel like Sexton will get a new/recurrance of an injury, and we'll end up with Madigan 10, Darcy 12, and Payne 13? That's a whole lot of tackling for Darcy to get through
Madigan is not my favourite player. But to be fair, he has tightened up on defence. He is also less flakey overall than he was, has some decent enough basic skills and a bit of gas, is not afraid to give it a lash when an attacking move might be on, and is currently the best goal kicker in Ireland. I am slowly warming up to him. I'd like to see him get an extended run at 12 for Leinster. There is no outstanding 12 in Ireland at the moment and I believe he could be a future candidate for that shirt.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Henshaw at 13 and Payne at 15 as Kearney is a big doubt with a dodgy hamstring
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:
Henshaw at 13 and Payne at 15 as Kearney is a big doubt with a dodgy hamstring
The way Joe is talking he only sees Payne at 13. I think if Kearney was out we could possibly see Jones at 15.

We will most likely be taken apart and maybe in the long run that could be a good thing as it may end this Payne for 13 nonsense once and for all.

That being said with the front row as it is and SOB missing the Boks would be disappointed not to take us apart no matter who we have at 12-13-15.
For me with Jared, his angles of running, his ability to read the defence and defend successfully has been top notch. His ability to play a little bit of a kicking game from second receiver is another asset with Jared, with his full-back skills. He’s brought a little bit of experience, I suppose. He’s played against a number of these South African players as well and we think that that’s a bit of an advantage as well, knowing your opponent, and he can bring that experience to the group.”
Joe can see something I can't see.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

2014 Autumn Internationals

Post by Wee Woman »

Spiffsson wrote:There is no outstanding 12 in Ireland at the moment and I believe he could be a future candidate for that shirt.
There could be if they stopped jacking about with our inside centre combinations here :banghead:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Wee Woman wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:There is no outstanding 12 in Ireland at the moment and I believe he could be a future candidate for that shirt.
There could be if they stopped jacking about with our inside centre combinations here :banghead:
Wouldnt it be crazy to see Henshaw and Payne starting in first test as the centre combination.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I think no matter who we field in midfield would have an ordinary look about it post bod, kofi.
A real worry.

Hopefully we will have a competitive pack and two class half backs that can dictate play.
Certainly we will have to be up for it as any upright carrying into contact from us, Vermeulen and his mates will have us for breakfast.
Toner you have been warned!

I suspect Joe will not want to enter an arm wrestle with this lot and will want at a play a high tempo getting the ball away from contact areas as quickly as possible.
Argentina ran them close and we should take heart from that at least as they were prepared to have a go at them, which made them look ordinary at times.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

it looks like Sexton was injured for Racing on Saturday and he's a big doubt for SA match. He came off at half time.
Keatley to start, Mads to the bench and Jackson to the squad?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Setanta wrote:As far as I can see BBC are only showing Wales and Scotland matches and England highlights? In other words England and Ireland only shown live on Sky; is this correct?
The IRFU are happy to sell out their Northern supporters.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Setanta wrote:As far as I can see BBC are only showing Wales and Scotland matches and England highlights? In other words England and Ireland only shown live on Sky; is this correct?
The IRFU are happy to sell out their Northern supporters.
The way things look at present reading between the lines we might only have Payne in the squad anyway.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dublin4 wrote:it looks like Sexton was injured for Racing on Saturday and he's a big doubt for SA match. He came off at half time.
Keatley to start, Mads to the bench and Jackson to the squad?
That will be a massive blow for us.
The one player we cant really afford to lose.
Wonder how much Sexton misses the soft cotton wool of Irish provencial rugby?
Any news from them other than RP?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Irish rugby are saying Sexton will be fine for the weekend.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten