Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Les Kiss - Director of Rugby

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Gary wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Asked before on the other thread but no answer so can I ask again..... Who is on the Professional Games Committee (or whatever it is called) at Ulster that would have been involved in this decision?
Your question was answered on the other thread.

By Ethel I think :D
Cheers.... I missed Ethel's post on the subject.... I note the good lady makes mention of a few co-ops onto the committee does anyone know any of these blow ins given the decisions they make?
Jeepers man you don't ask for much.....
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Image
As a parting shot, Anscombe has drunk them under the table.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Some how I don't seem to be able to greet Kiss's appointment. Just hoping for a little stability to break out...hard to look forward to this season as being anything else than "rebuilding" or a"learning curve" :banghead:
Dura lex sed lex
drumbo diehard
Novice

Post by drumbo diehard »

I see that the Munster forums think that we are banjaxed and only Bradlely, Williams or Eddie and the usual headers will save us from extinction
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

drumbo diehard wrote:I see that the Munster forums think that we are banjaxed and only Bradlely, Williams or Eddie and the usual headers will save us from extinction
More sense on UR bakebook than Munterchubes
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Thelaw wrote:Some how I don't seem to be able to greet Kiss's appointment. Just hoping for a little stability to break out...hard to look forward to this season as being anything else than "rebuilding" or a"learning curve" :banghead:
Why :scratch:
Afoa is done and Herbst is a very good player
Court had been overtaken by Black
Johann was a passenger all season Franco is as hard as nails and a real grafter
Doyle was just too slow to play 7 and the two guys coming in are both fast.
Anscombe was a liability and has been replaced by a solid coach who knows the Schmidt master plan.
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

Aye indeed..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (134.42 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Think this appointment is going to put more responsibility on Bell and Doak's shoulders which might be no bad thing, they have been here some time and this could be a bit sink or swim for them. Need a forwards coach.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

as an interim appointment it's one I'm fairly happy with. I tend to associate Kiss more with Kidney than Schmidt. if Nucifora and the IRFU have ideas about style or progress being percolated via certain provincial pathways then I'll watch with interest...albeit I find it slightly unlikely. I'm inclined to think it's mutually beneficial in the short term for all.

if he is indeed interim to steady the ship then great. we need a brains trust to seriously look into the next 5 years of Ulster's coaching ticket, performance plan etc. Moving swiftly to deal with any potential power vacuum is wise...time will tell if Kiss is up to the role. Certainly unexpected in these quarters and no bad thing for it given the quality of chube I thought we might lumber ourselves with.

some awful nonsense on the bakebook comments on the UR site. >burp
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Loki wrote:as an interim appointment it's one I'm fairly happy with. I tend to associate Kiss more with Kidney than Schmidt. if Nucifora and the IRFU have ideas about style or progress being percolated via certain provincial pathways then I'll watch with interest...albeit I find it slightly unlikely. I'm inclined to think it's mutually beneficial in the short term for all.

if he is indeed interim to steady the ship then great. we need a brains trust to seriously look into the next 5 years of Ulster's coaching ticket, performance plan etc. Moving swiftly to deal with any potential power vacuum is wise...time will tell if Kiss is up to the role. Certainly unexpected in these quarters and no bad thing for it given the quality of chube I thought we might lumber ourselves with.

some awful nonsense on the bakebook comments on the UR site. >burp
If he does a heck of a job, he may just stay. It's a win win situation for UR.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Think this appointment is going to put more responsibility on Bell and Doak's shoulders which might be no bad thing, they have been here some time and this could be a bit sink or swim for them. Need a forwards coach.
Totally agree regarding the forwards coach. We have more personnel changes in the forwards than the backs and someone needs to mould them into a functional pack. I agree with Snipe that the replacements are of sufficient quality, but I don't want them turning up on the first day of training without a forwards coach to guide them.

Otherwise, in the current circumstances, Les Kiss is a very good shout for interim DoR.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Scholar wrote:Aye indeed..
Scholar- get that printed on some T-shirts, I'd buy one.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:Think this appointment is going to put more responsibility on Bell and Doak's shoulders which might be no bad thing, they have been here some time and this could be a bit sink or swim for them. Need a forwards coach.
Totally agree regarding the forwards coach. We have more personnel changes in the forwards than the backs and someone needs to mould them into a functional pack. I agree with Snipe that the replacements are of sufficient quality, but I don't want them turning up on the first day of training without a forwards coach to guide them.

Otherwise, in the current circumstances, Les Kiss is a very good shout for interim DoR.
JD gets to have his nefarious way with the players for the first couple of weeks so there is time to get all the ducks in a row.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Well at least it's not Clarke, Bradley or O'Sullivan.

Probably slightly underwhelmed, but it's an acceptable appointment in the grand scheme of things.

My concern is twofold.

1)International breaks. Huge focus from an Irish POV on the 6N and World Cup. Is Ulster really going to be his priority? Though with some good lieutenants in Doak and Bell does Ulster need to be his sole priority? We need a steadying hand to make the right decisions and at a very basic level don't do things Maak did in the last few games.

2-Beyond the interim. Is this a one year or two year gig? I believe we cannot sign any NIQ's for the 2015/16 season so will we see Kiss in situ for one season or two? Will we try to attract a top name this season to start in the WC year?

Cautiously optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk