Guinness Pro 12? for 14/15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Guinness Pro 12? for 14/15

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Should have added Merv, I wouldn't buy anything but a light coloured beer in Seppoville. The only mass-produced beer I liked was Coors, not Coors Light, in Denver. Have had some nice stuff in brew-pubs but I also find their wine pretty bloody awful and I don't mind spending a few quid on my travels.

Yank drink eh? Best left to the bleedin' Yanks.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:After a morning of particularly graceless behaviour on my part trudging around the shops in Dublin with my dearest she saw the writing on the wall for the afternoon "session" and being the dote she is took me for lunch and then set me free here:-

http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/bars-d ... entral.php

I enjoyed many of their stouts. As an afternoon, I recall it with great great fondness. :stout:

I remember the "plunger" thing. Awful.

However, I rate Guinness in a can as one of mans finest achievements. Very passable pint.
It's a great tactic, the well rehearsed "feck, I'm dying of boredom" look, I've similarly escaped on many occasions, all I need do is my first, "sure what would I know?" of the day & the seeds of doubt are planted, culminating in, "do you want to go for a pint & I'll get you when I'm finished", magic.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Local brewers are currently learning a lot from what the seppo microbrewers did 10 years ago. I wouldn't even rate Guinness as the top Irish stout, it is an untypical brew especially in its draught form. But then I'm no expert, I just know what I like.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Had a stout last night called Camden Ink

Was a quality stout
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

How well did it exit ...

I always find that a stout can never be fully scored until the following morning ... it's a main reason I hate Murphys ... it comes out like a rather putrid industrial sprinkler at waaaaay over the recomended Pascals ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:How well did it exit ...

I always find that a stout can never be fully scored until the following morning ... it's a main reason I hate Murphys ... it comes out like a rather putrid industrial sprinkler at waaaaay over the recomended Pascals ...
She's still in

Brewing
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ahhhhh, a brewer ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cornerfleg wrote:How well did it exit ...

Sounds like the nitrogen isn't diffusing properly - check your nozzle ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Report:

Camden Ink exits well
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Poor field reporting ... That's Crozier standard ...

How much grunting? A Silent delivery, a gear shift from 1st to 6th or an Atheists nightmare?

Was it a proper innings, did you take guard and stroke it around the park or were you out second ball for 6?

Consistency? Ranging from polystyrene to a singularity that has its own gravity field.

Wipeage coefficient, ranging from an amazing clean break one sheeter to a Handy Andy you need a trawl and a cornflour...

Flush report, ranging from .. scary jobby that disappears round the bend leaving no trace of ever being there just your word for it, to the Hunt for red October, all but the nuclear option employed to sink the bugger.

These are parameters we need for an article in Whichturd.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:Poor field reporting ... That's Crozier standard ...

How much grunting? A Silent delivery, a gear shift from 1st to 6th or an Atheists nightmare?

Was it a proper innings, did you take guard and stroke it around the park or were you out second ball for 6?

Consistency? Ranging from polystyrene to a singularity that has its own gravity field.

Wipeage coefficient, ranging from an amazing clean break one sheeter to a Handy Andy you need a trawl and a cornflour...

Flush report, ranging from .. scary jobby that disappears round the bend leaving no trace of ever being there just your word for it, to the Hunt for red October, all but the nuclear option employed to sink the bugger.

Tuffers has a full analysis in the lunch break
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Poor field reporting ... That's Crozier standard ...

Maybe it was "A ghostie". :thumleft:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

"A Ghostie" ... been toiling away in the academy for about 15 years makes one appearence and is seen no more!!!!
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Back on topic, fixture list is out tomorrow - any expectations / hopes?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

The welsh to cry

We all like a good Les Kiss