Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:I'm not so sure iHumph will be Jackson's replacement.
Neither am I, now who was it who was on the bench last week :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Tough game. Win&performance both crucial on the eve of the super dooper but equally we can't afford to ship any more injuries to key players.

I would be tempted to go for-

15-Payne, 14-Trimble, 13-Cave, 12-McCloskey, 11-Bowe, 10-Olding, 9-Marshall, 8-Williams, 6-Wilson, 7-Diack, 5-O'Connor, 4-Stevenson, 3-Deccie, 2-Herring, 1-Warwick

Best, Black, Herbst, VDM, Henry, Heaney, Humph, Ludik

Payne needs some time at 15. If he starts at 13 I will despair. Decent SID in the back three with Ludik and Gilroy both strong options. Centres aren't bad either. 10-2 though we are wafer thin. Can't afford to ship an injury to anyone really. Need Williams ball carrying against Glasgow but I would rest Henry who is peerless at 7. VDM has also had a hard old start to the season as has Herbst.

Ideally release them from the bench for a quick hit out before the Tiggers.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Diack at 7 ...

You understand that when we don't play a proper 7 we are poopier than poop?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Is this Jackson injury confirmed?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:whistle: Nigel Owens (WRU, 114th competition game)
Assistant :whistle: Nigel Correll, Paul Haycock (IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: >seeya Murray White (IRFU)
TMO: :paperbag: Simon McDowell (IRFU) :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:Is this Jackson injury confirmed?
Must be as ihumph has been cleaning his boots
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

A canine tweeted PJ has concussion.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:Is this Jackson injury confirmed?
So it is written Legs.

Furthermore I expect Josef will continue to interfere, he has invested far too much in "Jihad at 13" to halt at the first signs of disquiet from a few punters or media heads.

I shall be responding by taking as much as no fecking interest in the Irish AIs. Maybe he'll select Michael Bent as well, he's a shyte kiwi too.

Quite weekend for Darren in prospect. :banghead:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Hopefully not too serious and back soon. He had the concussion tests performed during the Embra game. With the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, you have to wonder if he should have come back on.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Russ wrote:Diack at 7 ...

You understand that when we don't play a proper 7 we are poopier than poop?
Aye and should he ship an injury before the Super Dooper were are feckier than fecked. Keep the powder dry IMO.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BuckRogers wrote:Tough game. Win&performance both crucial on the eve of the super dooper but equally we can't afford to ship any more injuries to key players.

15-Payne, 14-Trimble, 13-Cave, 12-McCloskey, 11-Bowe, 10-Olding, 9-Marshall, 8-Williams, 6-Wilson, 7-Diack, 5-O'Connor, 4-Stevenson, 3-Deccie, 2-Herring, 1-Warwick

Payne needs some time at 15. If he starts at 13 I will despair. Decent SID in the back three with Ludik and Gilroy both strong options. Centres aren't bad either. 10-2 though we are wafer thin. Can't afford to ship an injury to anyone really. Need Williams ball carrying against Glasgow but I would rest Henry who is peerless at 7. VDM has also had a hard old start to the season as has Herbst.

Should those guys not have been rested against Edinburgh if they needed to be?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BuckRogers wrote:Tough game. Win&performance both crucial on the eve of the super dooper but equally we can't afford to ship any more injuries to key players.

I reckon 6 wrong in that side, nuclear fallout predicted for noon on Friday.
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I can see that particular side struggling to score as many as Edinburgh did last week.

Should be targeting wins for home games, not surrendering and experimenting. Just my opinion
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:Hopefully not too serious and back soon. He had the concussion tests performed during the Embra game. With the benefit of 20-20 hindsight, you have to wonder if he should have come back on.
Legs, have been clubbed about the head by the medics over on the Luke thread, I'm saying the square root if feck all on concussion. Like Fanning my intentions were good but........
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Cornerfleg wrote:I can see that particular side struggling to score as many as Edinburgh did last week.

Should be targeting wins for home games, not surrendering and experimenting. Just my opinion
Agree totally, particularly can not be experimenting with what is effectively an 8 pointer (or even a ten pointer)

The sad reality is that we may well not be thinking much about the Heineken come post Christmas, we just can not afford to start shipping points in the league to top 4 teams at home. League needs to be our top priority. Anyone who looks at the table and feels good is kidding themselves, our fixture list is designed to flatter at this stage, and flatten us towards the end..