Leinster 15/16

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster 15/16

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Toulon overpowering Leinster, simple, direct, effective, incredibly hard to combat, especially when the ref has decided only one team is offending.

I thought for Toulon's penalty try they actually drove cross on an angle & Barnes bought it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

yeah, I thought Barnes was almost looking to get Toulon back in the game early in the 2nd half. That said, the power that Toulon have in defense and attack is ridiculous and I thought they deserved the win.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Toulon - the greatest team that money can buy. I hate all that club stands for. And I can't stand Mark Robson, who can't shut his Ulster yap about how great they are.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Being at the game Leinster had no heart, desire, passion or skill

I also informed Joe that Jihad is not a 13. He laughed
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Leinster seem devoid of ideas or direction. Leo may be out of his depth. Good players playing like below average players is not going to cut the mustard in Dublin.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I noticed that during the post match interview Cullen Identified the big difference was the rules under which the English and French Clubs operate as being a major factor enabling Toulon to have a much stronger bench and a squad full of foreign internationals .

I said at the time the SDC was being discussed that a limit should be placed on the number of non international qualified players who could be named in a match day squad

non internationally qualified being not qualify to play in the International team of the controlling Union eg a South African playing in France or a New Zealander playing in England .

Under the current rules I doubt that any team playing in the Pro 12 has an opportunity to win the SDC . All the teams in the Pro 12 being the major source of the International players of those Unions and therefore less likely to be reliant on imported stars .

There is also the added factor that players in the pro 12 who are internationals have now being playing or training with no more than a 4 week break since July 2014 .

Which may be a reason Pro 12 teams have been more affected by injuries this year .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Did Leinster not have 6 internationals on their bench?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Being at the game Leinster had no heart, desire, passion or skill

Well sure at least you tried. Did he make any attempt to lie to you?

It's his trademark............... allegedly.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Being at the game Leinster had no heart, desire, passion or skill

Well sure at least you tried. Did he make any attempt to lie to you?

It's his trademark............... allegedly.
He told me we had to be quick in our chat as he had to take his seat
I quipped back that we also had to take our seats

Top bants
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Leinster seem devoid of ideas or direction. Leo may be out of his depth. Good players playing like below average players is not going to cut the mustard in Dublin.
There may be truth in that Snipe, but I feel slightly sympathetic to Plug. :duck: The writing has been on the wall for a while, BOD & D'Arcy whilst faded at international were a rock at Pro12 level and with Seannie & Healy now seemingly beyond grade A with injuries, it's a time of change in Mexico. Hard job Plug has, so whether or not he is up to it I don't know but he hasn't his sorrows to seek.

In truth, if the abandonment of Hoofball proves more than a passing phase in Ulster's season, there will seldom have been a better opportunity to win this league, with both main Irish challengers in a state of flux and only Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets having had a decent start to the league.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Leinster seem devoid of ideas or direction. Leo may be out of his depth. Good players playing like below average players is not going to cut the mustard in Dublin.
There may be truth in that Snipe, but I feel slightly sympathetic to Plug. :duck: The writing has been on the wall for a while, BOD & D'Arcy whilst faded at international were a rock at Pro12 level and with Seannie & Healy now seemingly beyond grade A with injuries, it's a time of change in Mexico. Hard job Plug has, so whether or not he is up to it I don't know but he hasn't his sorrows to seek.

In truth, if the abandonment of Hoofball proves more than a passing phase in Ulster's season, there will seldom have been a better opportunity to win this league, with both main Irish challengers in a state of flux and only Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets having had a decent start to the league.
I like Leo, like Quinlan he was a quality cheat and that's something that I like in a player as long as he's not 1. taking cheap shots and or 2. playing against us.
It's a tough task he has without so many key personnel either retired or injured. As you say Leinster have been on the decline for a while.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
I like Leo, like Quinlan he was a quality cheat and that's something that I like in a player as long as he's not 1. taking cheap shots and or 2. playing against us.
Leo enjoyed a bit of bag snatching now and then. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Leo enjoyed a bit of bag snatching now and then. :D
Aye, but he wasn't a thug.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Bag snatchers are of one of two types

The hold " we're not going to hurt each other are we ?"

Or the total Brennan Twister "How loud can you scream "

Leo to me always appeared a tongue in cheek cheat rather than a cheap shot merchant

But looking at him the jury is out he couldn't have born so beautiful

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Bag snatchers are of one of two types

The hold " we're not going to hurt each other are we ?"

Or the total Brennan Twister "How loud can you scream "

Leo to me always appeared a tongue in cheek cheat rather than a cheap shot merchant

But looking at him the jury is out he couldn't have born so beautiful

Bejaysus Rum'n I defend you on one thread, then come here and lo & behold, you have delved into your scrabble beg for a sentence a 4 year old would be ashamed of. :duh: