Ulster v Oyonnax Sat 1pm Sky Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Oyonnax Sat 1pm Sky Sports

Post by big mervyn »

Good to see Pedrie back at the hill.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

P3 .... Bout the only thing I can see me getting excited about ....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Once a Knight wrote:Can I point out, last season we parachuted Lutton in. A player who hadn't played all season. If we don't use our squad then we cannot expect our squad players to improve season on season or indeed to be up to playing should we need them.

I don't think it's unreasonable to rotate. I'm concerned about how and when we rotate. I think there's every chance Oyonnax will have a team of bodies to fulfil this fixture. I don't foresee much resistance. If p can't manage this then there's no point in him being in the squad. Equally, Shannahan is saying "you're on for the duration and there's limited back up Paul".

100% right ... though I think I can say like me you think we've rotated rested whatever at the wrong times ... it's hard to say you're giving valuable game time to players with 100 caps to let them "improve".

It would be a great day when we could rotate players and not lose much in way of quality - sadly that's not really on the cards here if we've injuries or continue to waste buckets of dosh on Rowleys, Murphy's, Brownes, The Ross twins, Big Lews, Windsors etc. Where the feck are they if they were that good to take up locals spaces?????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Oyonnax sending the 3rds then. Can surely get 4 tries on Sat. Weather a bit iffy. Rain in the afternoon maybe later mind.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

ruckover wrote:Ruan ruled out with a virus. Rory being managed with a bit of stiffness in his back.
Well at least the decision not to play Ruan was down to illness and not another brain fart by the coaching staff!

Hopefully beagle plays a blinder (not holding my breath!!!) :fleg:
Finished
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rovi Snave wrote:
ruckover wrote:Ruan ruled out with a virus. Rory being managed with a bit of stiffness in his back.
Well at least the decision not to play Ruan was down to illness and not another brain fart by the coaching staff!

I hope Shanahan doesn't pick up an injury when he's playing in the Schools Cup in the morning.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Why rest McCloskey instead of Marshall?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Setanta wrote:Why rest McCloskey instead of Marshall?
McCloskey has played some part in every game so far this season, and the one game he didn't start he was required after just five minutes due to an injury. The man is due a rest.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:For a brief minute I thought Ed Sheeran was playing 23 for Oyonnax.
Both crap players but Eamonn is a better singer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Ok, thanks. Still think they should have sent the weaker team to Saracens.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Setanta wrote:Why rest McCloskey instead of Marshall?
The thing is Santa, they are sending sacrificial lambs, have no great interest, allegedly, and if the side selected including small Paul can't beat them to a ruddy pulp scoring 50 points or more then so be it. We are choc a bloc with good centres, so much so that the one Fibberjosef believes to be the best of them is at 15.

I expect wee-p to score twice, kickstarting the discussion amongst goats, chubes and cockwranglers, "Do we need Pienaar"?

If only I were licensed to kill, there'd be a carpet of dead chubes leading to the Memorial Stand.

#believe
#SUFTUM
#usualbabebookbollocks
#wecanwintheSDC
#wearebrill

Wearying eh?
Still think they should have sent the weaker team to Saracens.
Bet yer ass Santa, it was such a no brainer it isn't even funny.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:For a brief minute I thought Ed Sheeran was playing 23 for Oyonnax.
Ed has played in Croke Park though so is probably less fazed by crowds.
So have countless dickheads and total amatuers.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:OAK is right ... it's a well orchestrated rest programme to ensure that any chance of playing Sarries again is obliterated as we scrape a 9-6 win on Saturday.

Bring Humph on and give AAT, Gillers and Payne a well earned ball scratching 80 minutes stroll about the park.

What's the money on Paddy getting a lob form beagle and some Onionsacker targeting his exposed ribs and giving him a good 4 weeks rest while he recovers and comes off a ventilator.
Once a Knight wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ed has played in Croke Park though so is probably less fazed by crowds.
Ed did his knees in so his legs dont work like they used to before...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

big mervyn wrote:
Rovi Snave wrote:

I hope Shanahan doesn't pick up an injury when he's playing in the Schools Cup in the morning.
Don't be silly.

Medallion shield.