Madigan

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Madigan

Post by Russ »

Murder is murder at the end of the day but as usual supposed victory is celebrated
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Murder is murder at the end of the day but as usual supposed victory is celebrated
https://youtu.be/dynAAX0hYQo
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Thing is they are seriously fecked up down there anyway, sure they even have a minister in charge of the 1916 celebrations who is a Presbyterian.
Part of the history of the country and at the time there were both sides of the religious divide involved in both sides and it was a Irish v English thing. Ok the IRA and SF were involved but while it was a catalyst for the creation of the state the main political parties down there still want nothing to do with SF or the IRA
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Now my son went to Sullivan & my daughter to Glenlola and I know absolutely that they did not to one lesson of Irish History. I always found that odd, they did study British History and wider history particularly the World Wars.

I find that odd particularly at Sullivan.

I went to a state grammar and we covered Irish history at O level as well as British and 20th C European history. The way the syllabus worked you could ignore British or Irish, and still pass, but we were taught both.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

I suspect I have been at school a lot more recently than you big merv, Larne Grammar to be precise. But I would agree, seems odd no Irish history was taught.

From first - third year it was all about Normans/Romans etc, GCSE was all about WWII and then onto A Level where we looked at Irish histroy, De Valera and the lads! :lol:
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Now my son went to Sullivan & my daughter to Glenlola and I know absolutely that they did not to one lesson of Irish History. I always found that odd, they did study British History and wider history particularly the World Wars.

I went to a state grammar and we covered Irish history at O level as well as British and 20th C European history. The way the syllabus worked you could ignore British or Irish, and still pass, but we were taught both.
What age are they BT? I'm in my early 30s and remember being fecked off that we had to learn about the plantation and home rule movement rather than the World Wars. I went to school in Carrickfergus Grammar, so a loyalist heartland!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
fuzzylogic wrote:
Unread postby big mervyn » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Anybody seen one worn at an Ireland game?
Didnt even know they existed, but in answer to the question, no. But then again I dont really tend to pay much attention to what others are wearing at matches.

With regards Mads boots, to add my two cents, I couldnt give a stuff what he has on them, its his choice. For all we know, much like yer man who plays Mrs Brown his family could have had some real involvement. Mads is an Irish man, and the 1916 rebellion was a big part in Irish history.

No one gives a stuff about the USA or France celebrating their independance, and really no one from mainland GB cares about 1916, it only seems to be those in NI who seem to be easily offended that have an issue with anything '16 related.
Exactly fuzzy. I do not get the major offense caused to those living in NI. There are billboards in dublin to mark the remembrance of 1916, it is not viewed as political by anyone I know living down there.
And of course it would be wholly remarkable if the Irish State did not chose to celebrate the occasion. I wonder if things have actually improved or gone backwards in this vile wee statelet.

In the late 60s just as the excrement was hitting the fan here, I went on a school trip to Dublin as part of or Irish History study to Kilmainham Gaol and stood in the spot were the "Rebel" I took most interest in James Connolly, being unable to stand upright, was strapped to a chair and executed.

Now my son went to Sullivan & my daughter to Glenlola and I know absolutely that they did not to one lesson of Irish History. I always found that odd, they did study British History and wider history particularly the World Wars.

I do find the, not unusually, flawed logic of the Stupid DUPers bizarre, they refuse to have anything to do with "celebrating the rebellion against Our Country". I wonder why they accept invitations to visit America at all, never mind on "St Patty's Day", since the Seppos committed the self same act of rebellion against "Our Country", just a wee bit earlier. Incredibly stupid people the DUPers and the classic examples of wee dumb Nordies who love a chance to be offended by something.

I must add of course the Mads is a wee tosser,albeit that shouldn't need saying. A wee lickspittle Paddy who isn't good enough to be where he is thanks to his patron, Fibber the Mexican, and never misses a chance to be "Ireland's Gazza", chube.
Just read in yesterday's Belly Telly that there is outrage in Ballymena that manhole covers bear both the English and Gaelic words for water and must be removed. I'd remove them all right - and just leave them off. :duck:
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

All gone now Spiff :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
12795309_466454360226187_3490035278350483638_n.jpg
12795309_466454360226187_3490035278350483638_n.jpg (72.7 KiB) Viewed 956 times
Mary had a little lamb . . .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

What age are they BT? I'm in my early 30s and remember being fecked off that we had to learn about the plantation and home rule movement rather than the World Wars. I went to school in Carrickfergus Grammar, so a loyalist heartland!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
One about the same as you Jackie, the other mid 20s.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jaynee O'Feck I somehow missed all this stuff. Someone was offended no doubt and yet the world kept turning. Someday the sun will burn out and that will be the end for our little planet. Sometimes I wonder if I am staying sober too many hours in the week. Ah well.....
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

fuzzylogic wrote:All gone now Spiff :lol: :lol: :lol:
Relief. All is well again in the Kingdom. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:Thing is they are seriously fecked up down there anyway, sure they even have a minister in charge of the 1916 celebrations who is a Presbyterian.
Burn him. :D

Tis funny though - If ya want to know someone's religion ask someone from NI. Are you guys born with this talent or do youse have to work at it? :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:Thing is they are seriously fecked up down there anyway, sure they even have a minister in charge of the 1916 celebrations who is a Presbyterian.
Burn him. :D

Tis funny though - If ya want to know someone's religion ask someone from NI. Are you guys born with this talent or do youse have to work at it? :lol:
I don't think she would appreciate being called him :lol: :lol: :lol: And I just have known her for years hence know what religion she is. Heather Humphreys is your Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Him / Her. Tis much the same when yer talking about politicians. I have extremely limited interest in 1916 and the commemorations of same so I didn't have a clue which of our elected crew is involved. I just know all of them will be jumping on the bandwagon at some stage and it will be tiresome. Still at least it is a one off. I couldn't be dealing with such commemorations every year.

If we ever managed to gain true freedom at a overall species level I'd consider celebrating that and commemorating it later.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:Him / Her. Tis much the same when yer talking about politicians. I have extremely limited interest in 1916 and the commemorations of same so I didn't have a clue which of our elected crew is involved. I just know all of them will be jumping on the bandwagon at some stage and it will be tiresome. Still at least it is a one off. I couldn't be dealing with such commemorations every year.

If we ever managed to gain true freedom at a overall species level I'd consider celebrating that and commemorating it later.
Come on Shan, you will never fit all that on your shoe!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?