Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 4th Nov 7:35pm BBC ALBA/BBC2NI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 4th Nov 7:35pm BBC ALBA/BBC2NI

Post by Cornerfleg »

jean valjean wrote:Going to be a unique watch now. .

Somewhat akin to the watching a snake attempt to play Beethoven's Emperor concerto!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Two 9s on the bench. :banghead:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

thecrouch wrote:Two 9s on the bench. :banghead:

....and Paul Marshall is there as well!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I thought Cairns was strictly a winger. I have limited knowledge to be fair
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Neill_M wrote:Who is this lad Aaron Cairns - what position does he play? 2MP at 6 should be interesting.

Ulster describing him as a utility back.... narrows it down.
I think it's the same Aaron Cairns who up to last season was listed as a scrumhalf, seems to have been converted to a winger predominately, 2 MOTM awards for the Ravens this season, he has pace to burn.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This is two teams down to the bare bones of their ringpieces, if anything Embra appear to have more flesh flayed off the corpse than Ulster.

Edinburgh have been bullied in the scrum this season and I suspect that Les is basing his hopes on doing just that with a solid looking front five and 2MP adding his bulk behind, he came with a wrapper saying 2nd row/back row, we can but hope it was not an offence under the trades descriptions act of feck knows when.

Bizarrely I have to say that the pack appear to be the strength of this selection and of course packs win matches. Oddly I have just felt my first tinge of optimism this week, though maybe I'm raving having had about 3 hours sleep last night.

I'm shocked that Stockcube is on the bench, I had been told he had a horrible finger dislocation or fracture and would be out for weeks.

Seems ridiculous but there is no certainty of defeat, more than that I will not say. :scratch:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

At least Diack isn't starting. Interesting to see 2mp at 6. Could be a good option if it works. Is Dow injured?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:This is two teams down to the bare bones of their ringpieces, if anything Embra appear to have more flesh flayed off the corpse than Ulster.

Edinburgh have been bullied in the scrum this season and I suspect that Les is basing his hopes on doing just that with a solid looking front five and 2MP adding his bulk behind, he came with a wrapper saying 2nd row/back row, we can but hope it was not an offence under the trades descriptions act if feck knows when.

Bizarrely I have to say that the pack appear to be the strength of this selection and of course packs win matches. Oddly I have just felt my first tinge of optimism this week, though maybe I'm raving having had about 3 hours sleep last night.

I'm shocked that Stockcube is on the bench, I had been told he had a horrible finger dislocation or fracture and would be out for weeks.

Seems ridiculous but there is no certainty of defeat, more than that I will not say. :scratch:
The front 5 is defo advantage us "on paper", but that's the kiss of death probably given how much we've underachieved when given any sort of favourites tag. If the pack keep it gnarly and Herron does the basics right, we should be Ok. I thought we'd have given Stockdale at run at FB or centre with Charlie moving appositely... unless Stockers is break glass with maybe his fingers taped up Old skool style... :thumleft:
Exterminate all rational thought
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Be some laugh if we lose this.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Oh fùck
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

[/quote] Wots happened to Rory Scholes? Must be regretting leaving now... I don't recognise much of that Embra team tbh.[quote]

To think poor Scholes was told he needed to work on his skill set specifically high ball skills.
Tommy and the boys hopefully will have been working extra hard!

Ulster by 9 points (Some of the boys or thinking bonus point time)
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Kiss of death that....
Exterminate all rational thought
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Somewhat akin to the watching a snake attempt to play Beethoven's Emperor concerto!
yes indeed, playing all the right notes........just not necessarily in the right order.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:

yes indeed, playing all the right notes........just not necessarily in the right order.
With it's instrument totally out of tune
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

It really is a seconds game.
As has been noted, they are in even worse shape than we are with injuries and call-ups.
Our pack should be able to graft out a victory, but it's unlikely to be pretty rugby. Herron did OK at the start of the season. Bit of a Pop Larkin about him, does the basics well enough, which is what we need in a fixture like this.