MATCH OFF

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: MATCH OFF

Post by ColinM »

Shame chief bhulsh!tter couldn't apologise to the Zebre team and travelling support

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Rooster wrote:
Tighter End wrote:Total clown fest.

Quit work early and rush rush rush, only to arrive at Spanners around 6.10pm to find a small throng of bodies, all wondering why the gates were shut.
6.15pm and eventsec start telling us the match is off..WTF?

Even the slowly dying Irish League Football have pitch inspections three hours before kick-off. How pathetic are Ulster Rugby looking right now?
Totally disgusted with their complete lack of consideration for their own support.
I'll be penning a strongly worded email to them, after some Guinness and Tayto, to calm my Bangor Reserves.
You were lucky only coming from Bangor, add 35 miles worth of freezing fog to the journey and that was my trip, ironically when we got out of freezing fog temp rose from -3 to +3 then I hear match is off.
I fear someone may die before I get happy again
Came from further along the same road as Rooster as it really was "pea soup", visibility down to 25-30yards in places. Left work bang on 4 o'c, drive the 40mins & pick up the Da. Head off crawling for The Hill, conditions tripe for most of the way, -2 / -3° along the route with freezing fog. Listening to Radio Ulster for all of the journey as we were thinking that the match could be called off due to ...... FOG. Hit the 'Burbs of Belfast and it's 5°, not fog, NO PROBS.

6:25, driving down Ravenhill Rd. and get the call from one of the gang who's only a mile behind me - he's spitting bullets. Turn around, facing the fog AND the traffic now, drop the 82yo Da back home & get to my own at 9:20. Over 5hrs of our lives that we'll never see again !!

What's bugging the absolute tar out of me this morning is the lack of basic cop and planning not "on pitch", which is bad enough at the moment, but "off pitch". Agree with everything said here regarding the weather and covering the pitch etc etc. but with it freezing all week in Belfast and knowing also that there was a possibility that it could be called off, had no one the wit or foresight to at least put the supporters on alert to this fact so that at least we would be watching & listening. This was something they knew about but obviously didn't plan for ....... but hey we're only bloody supporters :duh:

I keep getting match day e-mails to my phone, match day planning & org, the "thanks for coming" etc........could someone not have used the same bloody method to get "cancelled" out as far and wide as quickly as possible ?????? Also for UR to phone ALL the radio stations and get it out over the airwaves 30-45mins earlier.

I have to head to Russia in January for work, up close to the Arctic Circle ............ it's planned with every eventuality thought through, we know we'll get there. Feckin last night was more hassle than that :banghead:
Last edited by Mac on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:I think we could play it tomorrow, that way the cold weather won't be a surprise after the tropical conditions we've enjoyed all week.
Well Met Office reckon 6c today in the big smoke :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
Deraless wrote:I think we could play it tomorrow, that way the cold weather won't be a surprise after the tropical conditions we've enjoyed all week.
They must've told UR that was what it was going to be yesterday too. It was on the Match day guide. Maybe the Met Office have started saying that every day. Like a broken clock at least they'll be right sometimes.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If last night taught me anything it is now I know why we are crap..... amateur from top to bottom but at least last night the players and coaches can escape the criticism...

Covers left off in freezing conditions in the run up to the match to prevent the pitch from sweating... then the plan is to get staff to walk on the pitch to defrost it...

Apparently UR made extensive effort to contact all its members including branch to get feet on the ground. ..

Abbott & Costello are more professional..and to listen to Bryn also say on BBC that the match could be played today only added to the confusion.

Now my cousin's aunt's next door neighbours milkman's child goes to school with someone who lives in the same town as one of the groundsmens daughters and they were told the night before that the match could be called off because the pitch was left unprotected..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Deraless wrote:
Rooster wrote:
They must've told UR that was what it was going to be yesterday too. It was on the Match day guide. Maybe the Met Office have started saying that every day. Like a broken clock at least they'll be right sometimes.
UR to officially blame Cecelia...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Even by UR standards, this season us shaping up to be a complete shambles.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Why was Rory not able to get the proper weather of his wee brother Barra?
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

How can a few people WALKING around on the pitch (perhaps they were in bare feet) and someone using a leaf blower help to thaw the pitch after it was left uncovered all week.

I have thought for quite some time that Ulster Rugby really don't care for their supporters - as long as they get as much money from us as possible.

Last year I was at the Zebre match and think the price for a seat at the side of the pitch was less than 10 euro. A few weeks ago I was at the Edinburgh game cost for a seat was £10. Comparable seats at Ravers are about £40. What reductions does Ulster Rugby offer to senior citizens? As far as I know Ulster Rugby have plenty of money coming in from supporters and sponsorship but that money seems to be handled by staff who seem to be inept at times - walking on pitch, leaf blowers, signing players that never play....... etc.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Keystone Cops
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Mac wrote: Came from further along the same road as Rooster as it really was "pea soup", visibility down to 25-30yards in places. Left work bang on 4 o'c, drive the 40mins & pick up the Da. Head off crawling for The Hill, conditions tripe for most of the way, -2 / -3° along the route with freezing fog. Listening to Radio Ulster for all of the journey as we were thinking that the match could be called off due to ...... FOG. Hit the 'Burbs of Belfast and it's 5°, not fog, NO PROBS.
That was same as us, wondered would the fog be a problem not the frost.
At least my trip was only 3 and a half hours >threaten >threaten >threaten
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

twiglet wrote:How can a few people WALKING around on the pitch (perhaps they were in bare feet) and someone using a leaf blower help to thaw the pitch after it was left uncovered all week.

I have thought for quite some time that Ulster Rugby really don't care for their supporters - as long as they get as much money from us as possible.

Last year I was at the Zebre match and think the price for a seat at the side of the pitch was less than 10 euro. A few weeks ago I was at the Edinburgh game cost for a seat was £10. Comparable seats at Ravers are about £40. What reductions does Ulster Rugby offer to senior citizens? As far as I know Ulster Rugby have plenty of money coming in from supporters and sponsorship but that money seems to be handled by staff who seem to be inept at times - walking on pitch, leaf blowers, signing players that never play....... etc.
The leaf blower was a strange one, thought blowing cold air a speed would help to freeze it more :scratch:
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The pitch is now unplayable for the next 2 months after the bar staff and evetsec have ploughed it up last night... according to my second cousin's probation officer's wife who once cut Gilly's hair.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

shamalicious wrote:Why was Bryn wheeled out to spiel off whatever he was fed by Logan? Team Manager also chief bullshitter now?
'cos its probably his responsibility.

I assume a match forms part of "operations" (whatever the fock that is regarding rugby).

I find it utterly amazing that they don't have any of:

(1) Tarpaulin covers for the pitches.
(2) Frameworks to elevate tarpaulin covers above the pitch and then put blow heaters underneath.
(3) An undersoil heating system with the new stadium.

Incredulous. :shock:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.