SUPPORT OUR BOYS WITH A FIVER

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: SUPPORT OUR BOYS WITH A FIVER

Post by jean valjean »

big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Wonder what Tommy thinks of his t.v. partner joining the protest?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk[/quot

As long as it's in the program....

Tommy's partner is a tranny!
Talking about the bearded one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Hypocrites get offended by the truth.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Well done with this thread.

Page 9 in Wednesday's Belfast Telegraph.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

what will it say?
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Big-al wrote:what will it say?

Wait for, wait for it sonny boy
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:Is nobody going to protest inside?
It's a fairly safe bet that I'll fire a volley or two across the ref's bows and I'm guaranteed to tell HWM to shut up numerous times.
Does that count?
We're a broad church, Snipe. I may theatrically turn my back on the big Tele during a replay.
Good man. :thumleft:
You're a one man latter day Luddite movement.
Rab.jpg
Rab.jpg (65.84 KiB) Viewed 453 times
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Could we not do a Toulon and take copies of the BT into the ground to rip up and throw in the air... all live on TV at a pre-determined time... 69 mins maybe
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gerald the Mole wrote:What I don’t get, most of these feminist and that’s what they claim to be on their network, they hate men, but they like to dress like men and have sex with women, I am confused .

Anyway, I hope the PSNI take no shît from this hysterical crowd
Will be interesting to see if and where they protest and whether they decide to move enough inches to constitute a march.. forms submitted and all that. My lesbian feminist source says they are arming up for confrontation and looking to get onto the pitch and make a protest.. so UR get your finger out of your Brennan and don't be depending too much on Event Sec as it is time to put the responsibility onto the police ... you have been warned !!
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cockatrice wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:What I don’t get, most of these feminist and that’s what they claim to be on their network, they hate men, but they like to dress like men and have sex with women, I am confused .

Will be interesting to see if and where they protest and whether they decide to move enough inches to constitute a march.. forms submitted and all that. My lesbian feminist source says they are arming up for confrontation and looking to get onto the pitch and make a protest.. so UR get your finger out of your Brennan and don't be depending too much on Event Sec as it is time to put the responsibility onto the police ... you have been warned !!
They do realise it's illegal to invade a pitch, unlike partaking in consensual sexual activity!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Just so everyone knows the 5 demands that are being asked from those protesting at the next home game.....

Belfast Feminist Network added an event.
2 April at 19:13 ·
At our Belfast rally against rape trials failing victims last Thursday, we announced that this was the start of a movement to change how our criminal justice system deals with sexual assault crimes.
Following this, as the next step in this movement we will gather outside the Kingspan stadium on the 13th of April when Ulster Rugby has their next game.
We are gathering to put pressure on Ulster Rugby not to re-employ the accused in the Belfast rape trial considering their reprehesible and misogynistic attitudes towards women as indicated in their WhatsApp messages.
The misogyny in our society will not go unchallenged.
Most importantly, we will be reiterating our 5 demands and ask your support in spreading them far and wide:
1. Our criminal justice system is not fit for purpose when it comes to dealing with sexual crimes. Victims are re-traumatised and are treated like they are on trial. The system is designed to defend the rights of the accused with little regard for the victim.
2. The media reporting of rape trials is intrusive, salacious and biased towards undermining the victim’s testimony. It serves to increase the distress of victims and survivors of sexual abuse and rape. Cases should not be reported on until after the jury has given its verdict.
3. The criminal justice system’s treatment of the victim and media reporting of this trial will deter victims from coming forward and reporting in the future. The rampant culture of victim blaming and shaming needs addressed
4. We urgently need to have a compulsory comprehensive relationship and sexuality education programme in all schools which includes consent and toxic masculinity.
5. We need adequately resourced support services for victims and survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
We will announce a more specific location closer to the event.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Deraless wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

They do realise it's illegal to invade a pitch, unlike partaking in consensual sexual activity!

Ulster Rugby fan involved in scuffle with Event Sec. at recent home match on the pitch and nothing was done.. anyhow I do hope that those in UR liaise with the PSNI and also that the PSNI take longer listening than they did with some interviews.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:Just so everyone knows the 5 demands that are being asked from those protesting at the next home game.....

At our Belfast rally against rape trials failing victims last Thursday, we announced that this was the start of a movement to change how our criminal justice system deals with sexual assault crimes.
Following this, as the next step in this movement we will gather outside the Kingspan stadium on the 13th of April when Ulster Rugby has their next game.
We are gathering to put pressure on Ulster Rugby not to re-employ the accused in the Belfast rape trial considering their reprehesible and misogynistic attitudes towards women as indicated in their WhatsApp messages.
Most importantly, we will be reiterating our 5 demands and ask your support in spreading them far and wide:
1. Our criminal justice system is not fit for purpose when it comes to dealing with sexual crimes. Victims are re-traumatised and are treated like they are on trial. The system is designed to defend the rights of the accused with little regard for the victim.
2. The media reporting of rape trials is intrusive, salacious and biased towards undermining the victim’s testimony. It serves to increase the distress of victims and survivors of sexual abuse and rape. Cases should not be reported on until after the jury has given its verdict.
3. The criminal justice system’s treatment of the victim and media reporting of this trial will deter victims from coming forward and reporting in the future. The rampant culture of victim blaming and shaming needs addressed
4. We urgently need to have a compulsory comprehensive relationship and sexuality education programme in all schools which includes consent and toxic masculinity.
5. We need adequately resourced support services for victims and survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
Mt Merrion gates, you obviously are not well enough in with them :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cockatrice wrote:Just so everyone knows the 5 demands that are being asked from those protesting at the next home game.....

Obviously the language is a bit overly dramatic but there's a lot in there that is reasonable enough.
I would suggest that neither of the accused Ulster players really have reprehensible ideas about women though.
1) The criminal justice system is not ideal for rape cases but the legal system is based on innocent until proven guilty. Are they suggesting the whole process gets turned on its head for a small number of offences?
2) Can they not see their hypocrisy when for the most part they were the ones doing most of the shouting the whole way through. I'm sure the lads would have loved a media ban too, or they wouldn't be having their protest! And I would add the words "of guilty" to the end of point 2.
3) Hmmmm. The system's treatment of those accused was hardly balanced and in general took the non-victim's side. They're still using the word victim too. But yup ban media reporting, incl social media and protests as well.
4) Fair enough, but in the interest of equality mention toxic feminism too.
5) Yup. The Rowan Centre was a big step forward. Maybe staff it with experts? It's not like the Health and Social Care budget is dripping with money. Obviously this issue means a lot to them, but perhaps ED services, cancer, psychiatric care etc might be important to them in future.

As before, some worthy aims, picking the wrong target.

I think UR staff could in general be quite reasonable with them maybe even allow people to come in and talk to players. But this confrontational approach is only going to get people's back up. I for one would be more likely to dig my heels in against this approach than someone who is prepared to engage. If they want to really make a difference they're going the wrong way about it, turning up at a match and planning on invading pitches is only gonna make them look like eejits not the Sufragettes I'm afraid.

Last edited by Deraless on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:

Mt Merrion gates, you obviously are not well enough in with them :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll be changing my habitual route via Onslow so I can greet our guests. #mrshakyhandsman #BANZAI