Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sp

Post by Russ »

DUPs replacement for the Common Agricultural Policy post Brexit - get UR to employee them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Cockatrice wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Looking forward to seeing The Hond make his half time saunter to the middle of the pitch.

Is he IQ yet?
Why have we not cut him loose yet?
Cant afford to.. him with a farm and everything... I dispare and hope that he is the last of the wasters we sign with little or no thought to the terms and conditions of the contract that will allow for such a cut..
He bought a farm?!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Looking forward to seeing The Hond make his half time saunter to the middle of the pitch.

Is he IQ yet?
Cant afford to.. him with a farm and everything... I dispare and hope that he is the last of the wasters we sign with little or no thought to the terms and conditions of the contract that will allow for such a cut..
He bought a farm?!
Keeps him busy in between the games when he's not playing rugby.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

thecrouch wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
thecrouch wrote:

Is he IQ yet?
He bought a farm?!
Yes we bought him here to buy a farm and now we can't get rid of him because no one else in the world of rugby wants him.. I remain unconvinced that Bryn is entirely blameless in this debacle and could have said no to Kiss.. we are pissing a couple of hundred thousand down the drain each year.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

To be fair, for all your Pienaars and Mullers fully integrating in Ulster life, none of them went so far as to buy a farm!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Is it not on TV?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Buying a farm would seem to indicate that he intends to stay put in NI. He must realise that he will not get another contract. He is unlikely to leave the farm to seek a contract elsewhere. This was one last pay day for him. Remember that when buying UR merch and tickets.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:To be fair, for all your Pienaars and Mullers fully integrating in Ulster life, none of them went so far as to buy a farm!
To be fair Muller has quite a few acres at home almost 5000 of them I think.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Buying a farm would seem to indicate that he intends to stay put in NI. He must realise that he will not get another contract. He is unlikely to leave the farm to seek a contract elsewhere. This was one last pay day for him. Remember that when buying UR merch and tickets.
So if Muller or Pienaar had bought a farm here, we would consider them to be mercenaries out for a big final pay-out?

Players who want to ultimately settle here are normally applauded for their commitment to the province. It sounds like we only want commitment from players with a certain level of ability.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:Buying a farm would seem to indicate that he intends to stay put in NI. He must realise that he will not get another contract. He is unlikely to leave the farm to seek a contract elsewhere. This was one last pay day for him. Remember that when buying UR merch and tickets.
So if Muller or Pienaar had bought a farm here, we would consider them to be mercenaries out for a big final pay-out?

Players who want to ultimately settle here are normally applauded for their commitment to the province. It sounds like we only want commitment from players with a certain level of ability.
Perhaps he is forward thinking and likes to live in the country, a small farm around Ballymena is worth the same as some of the Belfast houses and probably easier to sell on again.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:To be fair, for all your Pienaars and Mullers fully integrating in Ulster life, none of them went so far as to buy a farm!
To be fair Muller has quite a few acres at home almost 5000 of them I think.
Not for long while the current land grab is going on in South Africa.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:

You can't seriously compare Muller and Pienaar with the Hond...
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

You can't seriously compare Muller and Pienaar with the Hond...
I can.

What I am comparing is the players' apparent motives for coming to/staying in Ulster.

Why is there an assumption that because a player fails to make the grade, that his motives are less honourable than those who excel?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote: I can.

What I am comparing is the players' apparent motives for coming to/staying in Ulster.

Why is there an assumption that because a player fails to make the grade, that his motives are less honourable than those who excel?
Where he stays is none of my business. I am not assuming anything. I have never bought into the 'Ulster through and through' nonsense. Pienaar was on a heck of salary, even if he did turn down better offers. I am questioning his motivation. I don't believe he represents value for money in terms of:

1) ability
2) effort

At 27 he would still have many seasons as a prop. Why settle for an unsustainable industry (post-brexit) such as farming?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote: I can.

Where he stays is none of my business. I am not assuming anything. I have never bought into the 'Ulster through and through' nonsense. Pienaar was on a heck of salary, even if he did turn down better offers. I am questioning his motivation. I don't believe he represents value for money in terms of:

1) ability
2) effort

At 27 he would still have many seasons as a prop. Why settle for an unsustainable industry (post-brexit) such as farming?
I'm not in a position to comment on his effort.

I'm sure Rooster will confirm, but for many out there farming is not an industry; it's an expensive hobby.
www.stoutboys.co.uk