6 nations 22

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by Dave »

The bias is clear. Farrell was even slagging off soda bread and tatty bread in a recent interview.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:30 pm The bias is clear. Farrell was even slagging off soda bread and tatty bread in a recent interview.
Totally unacceptable. Throw him into the sun.
Godots bedpan
Novice

Post by Godots bedpan »

Think team selected is fair enough. Henderson would have been in if fit. Sheehan off the bench when people are tyring is just a lot more scary than Herring. Hume’s form has been rewarded, think Ringrose will prove hard to shift. Think McCloskey is the forgotten man in ways, his ability to break the gain line and free his hands in the tackle is tailor made for the new Ireland, personally would like to see him get a chance when fit, better at doing that than any other 12 we have and some of the backrows too. Lowry’s chances in the medium term may be impacted by Hansen’s versatility, they both can play multiple positions and cover 10 at a push but Hansen doesn’t have the size issue/perception. AF has always been a fan of big units in the backs going back to his England days. In fairness don’t think Timoney better than anyone picked and suspect Coombes closer to the 23 to be honest. TOT there to learn, maybe get some time versus Italy – not the best people to come in against as a prop admittedly. Treadwell was a bit leftfield for all non Ulster fans and some Ulster fans too reading the comments, IMO Ahern maybe would have been a better option,(am a Leinster supporter) would like to see him in there as a development player over the course of the competition, suspect Doak will see time in camp too.

From an Ulster perspective the only one that is a bit perplexing in Baloucoune but he is up against Conway who has not done a lot wrong for Ireland of late. For my money Carty is the one player who has the right to feel truly stiffed, Carberry has not played. One injury prone 10 enough for any squad, Sexton at least has proven himself time and again, think Carberry can count himself very fortunate to be selected, Carty paying the price for his packs failure to give him the platform to hold on to game winning leads not entirely fair
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:30 pm The bias is clear. Farrell was even slagging off soda bread and tatty bread in a recent interview.
Sleggin of tatey bread?
Should be hung by his toes an bate roun the knees n shins wi a baseball bat.
A punishment I would usually recommend for burglars and car thieving c¥nts.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Sleggin of tatey bread?
A full English prrrick.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:25 pm
StandUp wrote:
Sleggin of tatey bread?
A full English prrrick.
A fried slice and tinned tomatoes. :roll: It's no wonder Engerland is in the state it is.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Godots bedpan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:25 pm AF has always been a fan of big units in the backs going back to his England days.
If this is accurate statement (and no reason to doubt it) even though not a fan of Eddie Jones at all, perhaps seeing Marcus Smith @5'9" tearing up Ireland might not necessarily be a bad thing ? Andy Farrell is a very lucky coach given what Stu Lancaster and the Leinster schools system has provided for him.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Would he slag off a tatey farrell though?
Last edited by BR on Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Lets be honest none of Sexton Carberry Carty or Byrnes or Burns should be near the "10 " shirt at the moment the first two are injury prone the third is a one trick pony boot man and the others inconsistent . _Gripe over

Hume makes the bench for the simple reason like Henshaw he can cover both centres

Farrell like Joe will fail at the final hurdle due to lack of depth with experience especially at "10 " and in the centre but his team will be competitive due the depth available in the back row -- provided he drops the like of the fading stars of yesterday eg PoM and gives the up and coming guys a chance to get experience because good back row players need experience at International level especially the pace and power of an International match which is more sustained than either any League or Cup match.

its the experience obtained at International level makes the Leinster Back Row so much better than others in the League

Team selection most Coaches especially Irish coaches think in terms of Units in the forwards eg Front row unit Back row unit the second row less so similarly centres are seen as a combination and while the back three may be thought of as a unit the distance between the wings dissolves any relationship between the players -- 9 and 10 are not a unit as such but selection depends on tactics and the desired skill set and how the players combine together. eg is game control exercised by the 9 -10 an open running game is controlled by the 10 a game playing into the forwards by the 9 .

Thus Leinster Front row Leinster back Row mixed second row
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Oar Tea Ee giving it rice on the build up.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wales look poor. Ireland should win the slam.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Would he slag off a tatey farrell though?
That his wife?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:23 pm Wales look poor. Ireland should win the slam.
They are only in a holding opeation until they get to play their usual 15 v 14.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Janny complaining about the posts? Somebody put them in the wrong place?
Last edited by Dave on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

2 overlaps missed already by Ringrose's inability to pass off his left hand.