Ulster V Leinster Friday 30th Sept

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster V Leinster Friday 30th Sept

Post by Neill_M »

Leinster 3 point favourites, they aren't mucking about with their 23. Big test for Sexton in 2nd start.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Would say the starting XVs are pretty equal on paper, think Leinster have the edge up front but i would take our backline over theirs. The bench is the real area of concern, the Emerging Ireland tour has completely screwed us over, Baloucoune would’ve started, McCann as well possibly, or at least on the bench, and Stewart, Izzy, Doak, Moore and McIlroy all would’ve been in contention. Based on that I think we will put in a decent shift but Leinster will edge it. Hopefully I’m wrong tho.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Not quite as strong a Leinster side as first thought bit still helluva team. Their backrow will be some handful. I could see our pack struggle somewhat. On paper I believe our backs are better on current form. It looks to be a tight contest but Leinster's quality on the bench will likely edge it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:30 pm Not quite as strong a Leinster side as first thought bit still helluva team. Their backrow will be some handful. I could see our pack struggle somewhat. On paper I believe our backs are better on current form. It looks to be a tight contest but Leinster's quality on the bench will likely edge it.
Aha but can they handle the pressure of 200 rabid, and 12000 mildly entertained fans? 🙄
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:30 pm Not quite as strong a Leinster side as first thought bit still helluva team. Their backrow will be some handful. I could see our pack struggle somewhat. On paper I believe our backs are better on current form. It looks to be a tight contest but Leinster's quality on the bench will likely edge it.
Aha but can they handle the pressure of 200 rabid, and 12000 mildly entertained fans? Image
I think Janny will crumble whenever the crowd learns the words to the Ulster Ulster Ulster Ulster chant.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

😂 might take a few more months.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Can anyone remember when janny last graced us with an appearance?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Leinster 10 Ulster 20

Leinster: J O'Brien; A Byrne, Henshaw, Frawley, Larmour; R Byrne, McGrath (capt); E Byrne, Tracy, Furlong, Molony, Toner; Leavy, Penny, Ruddock.

Ulster: Lowry; Gilroy, Hume, McCloskey, McIlroy; Burns, Cooney; Warwick, Herring, Moore, O'Connor (capt), Carter; Jones, Timoney, McCann.

Would argue we're a little stronger than we were in Dublin last season, they're no better in the backline but are a couple better up front. We're at home and playing great rugby, I think we should be backing ourselves.

Their bench is stronger, however you would expect our starting backline to be more than capable of a full game and we've a front row on the bench that more than matches theirs.

As said elsewhere crowd can get at Janny if pressure is on.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:04 pm Can anyone remember when janny last graced us with an appearance?

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Think it was 2016 when he got his Brennan handed to him on a plate.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well I am looking foward to an Ulster victory, albeit we don’t want 2b winning at half time, on what is officially DAY 5732. The waterproof trousers have been found and the drinking starts at 5pm. Slainte
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

You really don’t need to wear those waterproof trousers Mike - there are bogs at either end of the terrace.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

People down wind from him will need them.

Wonder did you get them second hand, Mike?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Looking out the window at the rain and wind -- the conditions are the complete opposite of last week and in my opinion suit the Leinster pack and style of game -- up the jumper wait for the penalty --into the corner and continuously rumble -sucking the defence into the rucks to achieve an overlap .

The toss could have a big part to play in the result -- win it -run the clock down -in the first half and play with the wind the second half using it to obtain field position .

In my opinion the conditions favour a Leinster win and a rather different game to last week as the defences keep the backs out of the game and the biggest pack comes out on top .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:13 pm Well I am looking foward to an Ulster victory, albeit we don’t want 2b winning at half time, on what is officially DAY 5732. The waterproof trousers have been found and the drinking starts at 5pm. Slainte
Are the waterproof trousers to keep the wet in or keep the wet out?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:59 am Looking out the window at the rain and wind -- the conditions are the complete opposite of last week and in my opinion suit the Leinster pack and style of game -- up the jumper wait for the penalty --into the corner and continuously rumble -sucking the defence into the rucks to achieve an overlap .

The toss could have a big part to play in the result -- win it -run the clock down -in the first half and play with the wind the second half using it to obtain field position .

In my opinion the conditions favour a Leinster win and a rather different game to last week as the defences keep the backs out of the game and the biggest pack comes out on top .
The forecast for this evening is light showers and a moderate breeze WSW.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall