Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Post by Dave »

His ego is sufficient for the task.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Chris Montez
Novice

Post by Chris Montez »

Jesus - they cant even get the team sheet right now. Fight for every inch (of incompetence).
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cooney 9
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Can someone please explain to me how Sam Carter gets picked ahead of Kieran Treadwell? I am absolutely baffled by this guy and his continued selection.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Deraless wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:02 pm Doak replacing himself with 20 to go?
Cooney starts - and hopefully stays on for the whole match!!
Hope is not a strategy.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

STADE ROCHELAIS
15. Brice Dulin, 14. Dillyn Leyds, 13. UJ Seuteni, 12. Jonathan Danty, 11. Pierre Boudehent, 10. Antoine Hastoy, 9. Tawera Kerr Barlow, 1. Reda Wardi, 2. Pierre Bourgarit, 3. Uini Atonio, 4. Romain Sazy, 5. Will Skelton, 6. Remi Bourdeau, 7. Yoan Tanga, 8. Grégory Alldritt (c).

Replacements:
16. Quentin Lespiaucq Brettes, 17. Thierry Paiva, 18. Joel Sclavi, 19. Ultan Dillane, 20. Paul Boudehent, 21. Thomas Berjon, 22. Levani Botia, 23. Raymond Rhule
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:Can someone please explain to me how Sam Carter gets picked ahead of Kieran Treadwell? I am absolutely baffled by this guy and his continued selection.
Carter versus Skelton, ffs.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:17 pm
thecrouch wrote:Can someone please explain to me how Sam Carter gets picked ahead of Kieran Treadwell? I am absolutely baffled by this guy and his continued selection.
Carter versus Skelton, ffs.
Honestly I don't understand it. Is Carter absolutely amazing in training or something?

He's the softest of soft forwards, and we're starting him against a team of monsters.

My mind is blown.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Deraless wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:01 pm Ulster A are apparently able to play a game at Meadowlands in sunny Costa del Magherafelt today. How come Ravenhill is the only ># pitch involved?

UR are more interested in selling Yellow Door burgers to corporates in the Goodbody Lounge and charging 3 sheets for crap coffee at supporters events than what happens on the pitch...
Is the indoor surface there suitable for rugby?
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

I may be alone in this opinion, but I actually think Carter is having a decent season, and playing much better than last year (when in fairness he was absolutely useless, and I was bewildered by the decision to extend his contract). I imagine the thinking is that he offers more set piece ballast / nous than Treadwell..
..one more thing
The Virginian
Novice

Post by The Virginian »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:38 pm
Deraless wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:01 pm Ulster A are apparently able to play a game at Meadowlands in sunny Costa del Magherafelt today. How come Ravenhill is the only ># pitch involved?

UR are more interested in selling Yellow Door burgers to corporates in the Goodbody Lounge and charging 3 sheets for crap coffee at supporters events than what happens on the pitch...
Is the indoor surface there suitable for rugby?
I would assume they can use the 4g at Meadowbank, the Ulster underage squads are scheduled to play on that on Monday
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Deraless wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:02 pm Doak replacing himself with 20 to go?
Pulling himself off, you mean? :shock: :shock: :shock:
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Columbo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:53 pm I may be alone in this opinion, but I actually think Carter is having a decent season, and playing much better than last year (when in fairness he was absolutely useless, and I was bewildered by the decision to extend his contract). I imagine the thinking is that he offers more set piece ballast / nous than Treadwell..
I agree with this so there's 2 of us at least. Carter has always been good at lineouts and setting a maul. In fact he is one of our best forwards in both domains. Where he has been weak in past seasons has been his soft carrying and tackling. To his credit he has improved massively on both and I think he is a fair shout in the starting team. One of him or Treads had to bench and there's something to be said about having a bit of pace on the bench against a big pack.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

"We’re cracking on with doing everything possible to get this game played here @KingspanStadium. We’ll know where we’re at during the course of the afternoon. It’s improving, but it’s slow. Please bear with us"

Petrie on twitter just now. I.e. it's still frozen but maybe a hope of improvement? It is pretty sunny today which might help.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

allezlesverres wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:22 pm
Columbo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:53 pm I may be alone in this opinion, but I actually think Carter is having a decent season, and playing much better than last year (when in fairness he was absolutely useless, and I was bewildered by the decision to extend his contract). I imagine the thinking is that he offers more set piece ballast / nous than Treadwell..
I agree with this so there's 2 of us at least. Carter has always been good at lineouts and setting a maul. In fact he is one of our best forwards in both domains. Where he has been weak in past seasons has been his soft carrying and tackling. To his credit he has improved massively on both and I think he is a fair shout in the starting team. One of him or Treads had to bench and there's something to be said about having a bit of pace on the bench against a big pack.
Three.