La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Top night in the General Humbert.

Say what you like about these one away game a season boys, they certainly know how to have a good time.

Good live band on but I think an excellent rendition of ‘Where is My Mind’ by the Pixies was lost on most people.

Wandered off to the bar next door and a couple of local girls encouraged us to seek out the market tomorrow.

Oysters here we come.
But every game is an away game for you, Lionel mate.

Lol joke, you're more of an Ulstermun than me.

SUFTUM
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: La Rochelle v Ulster (if you can’t be arsed to come to the game you can at least look up the TV details yourselves)

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64264148
Bath's European Challenge Cup game against Toulon on Saturday has been postponed due to flooding at The Rec.
The club said the decision had been taken "following a pitch and stadium safety inspection" and a new date will be announced as soon as possible.
Bath have lost both games so far, against Glasgow Warriors and Toulon.
"Due to heavy and persistent rainfall over recent days, the River Avon has exceeded its bank-full capacity," a club statement said.

Why have they not been enforced to move this game to another venue?
Why are they allowed to re schedule? Were they not monitoring the forecasted weather during the week?

I fully support that they should be allowed to reschedule. What's EPCR saying.....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Didn't they put covers down? Disgrace.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:Didn't they put covers down? Disgrace.
Those floating covers ain't much use. Hope they had plenty of leave blowers.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:
Dave wrote:Didn't they put covers down? Disgrace.
Those floating covers ain't much use. Hope they had plenty of leave blowers.
Is their CEO tweeting the pitch is playable?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:03 am And Izzy. There were rumours of issues between Dan and Izzy. Could the same be true of Marcus?
Aye, I was wondering if Izzy had been left out for disciplinary reasons. Could be.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Marcus is a bit of a mystery. Last season he played well in pre-season and didn't get a look in for ages which I thought was a case of mistaken identity with his brother. Then from memory he got picked 1 week before the Heiny and kept his place for the big games. Young lad who did well with plenty to work on and seemed like our best hope if seeing an ulster born forward breaking through.

This season he is barely getting a look in. You'd think as a local lad with obvious potential he would get a fair few opportunities. Wonder what Dan doesn't like.

With Izzy he looks more of an impact player so far. Is he playing AIL ?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

solidarity wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:19 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:03 am And Izzy. There were rumours of issues between Dan and Izzy. Could the same be true of Marcus?
Aye, I was wondering if Izzy had been left out for disciplinary reasons. Could be.
The reason being touted is that he was repeatedly showing up for training, a no show on a couple of occasions.

Nobody should be getting away with that.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If people could face ulster making the last 16 in the Champions Cup then :-

The 2 games in ulster's pool this weekend have gone pretty favourably for Ulster. They need 4 teams to finish below them to make the top 16.

Clermont losing to Leicester means they have 6 points with a trip to the Stormers to come.
Sale losing at home to Toulouse means they have 5 pts with a trip to Belfast to come
Northampton have 0 pts from 2 games so need to hope they don't win today at Thomond Park
London Irish have 1 pt so need to hope they don't beat the Stormers at home this weekend

As things 7 points could be enough to qualify given the remaining fixtures and 8 could give a pretty decent chance.
The other hope is that Ospreys (5pts) lose at home to Montpellier as their last game is a trip to Welford Road.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
The reason being touted is that he was repeatedly showing up for training, a no show on a couple of occasions.

Not good that.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Bart S wrote:If people could face ulster making the last 16 in the Champions Cup then :-

The 2 games in ulster's pool this weekend have gone pretty favourably for Ulster. They need 4 teams to finish below them to make the top 16.

Clermont losing to Leicester means they have 6 points with a trip to the Stormers to come.
Sale losing at home to Toulouse means they have 5 pts with a trip to Belfast to come
Northampton have 0 pts from 2 games so need to hope they don't win today at Thomond Park
London Irish have 1 pt so need to hope they don't beat the Stormers at home this weekend

As things 7 points could be enough to qualify given the remaining fixtures and 8 could give a pretty decent chance.
The other hope is that Ospreys (5pts) lose at home to Montpellier as their last game is a trip to Welford Road.
Would 8th place get us a day out in Dublin?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The team bus has just lifted us from the bus stop.

Dunno if we’re going via the team hotel…?!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:23 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Not good that.
How dare he show up for training! Who does he think he is? :lol:
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:28 pm The team bus has just lifted us from the bus stop.

Dunno if we’re going via the team hotel…?!
The team hotel carpet is frozen. They’ve been working on it all week but you’ll have to travel to the RDS anyway.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Turns out we’ve hijacked the alickadoo bus.

They’re mostly not happy 😆