The run in

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: The run in

Post by justinr73 »

Apparently not.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:37 am
Big-al wrote:
jean valjean wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:35 pm Top 4 is going to be very tight. Leinster will have a bit to say as they could well put out weakened sides once no. 1 spot secured. Munster have to go to SA also, but I'd back them to get at least one result down there.
Ulster should be aiming to win their next 5 league games. Sharks will be severely weakened, cardiff aren't great and then 3 home games.
Sharks will be fully loaded. Internationals will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Al's link earlier in this thread, suggests no Springboks involved till Round 16 post 6N.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bulls v Stormers on Saturday, North v South. Big rivals apparently. 36,000 tickets sold for it.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

We could well be in 6th place next weekend with Glasgow, munster and the bulls with handy games. The last few weeks will see things change back and forth which will only add to the leagues status. Expect the top 4 to not be decided until the last day.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

At least we will still be 6th. Everything is fine.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Full house for Sharks in Joburg. Go onto 38 points.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Good score line.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Sharks weren't overly impressive. We have a chance next week providing they don't release the bok players. They lost the full back fassi to injury so he could well be out also. As a side note I think Kok must be the most annoying players I've ever seen. Constantly looking to start rows coupled with over the top aggression for a small Ashton.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Ulster’s season is effectively over. Leinster will destroy us in the heiny and the slim hopes of a home semi are 100% gone and even an away league q/f is looking likely now. Could be away to the likes of Glasgow or the Bulls in a Qf. What an embarrassment of a organisation from Top to bottom. In a World Cup year were other Irish teams/players are pushing on and we crumble. When do the hangings start?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

We have 16-22 points realistically available to us from 5 games. If the lions and munster can beat Glasgow it will come down to what munster can do in SA. Top 4 is still in our hands but we need 4-5 points in next 2 games and then 3 home wins with BP if possible. The benetton and munster loses were killers for our hopes of getting top 2.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

At least things from here on are pretty ecxiting. Lots to play for, every match important.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

A good win. Hopefully the lions hold on v Glasgow here. Looking at the fixtures I think we can win our last four games. The stormers have to go to Leinster but should win the rest of their games. Looks like they’re going to pip us for 2nd by a point or two. Another sf in Cape Town could be on. :(
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

HammerTime wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:14 pm A good win. Hopefully the lions hold on v Glasgow here. Looking at the fixtures I think we can win our last four games. The stormers have to go to Leinster but should win the rest of their games. Looks like they’re going to pip us for 2nd by a point or two. Another sf in Cape Town could be on. :(
Stormers have home games v Sharks (No Springboks), Munster and Benetton outside of the trip to Dublin. Only one they may lose is Munster.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:
HammerTime wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:14 pm A good win. Hopefully the lions hold on v Glasgow here. Looking at the fixtures I think we can win our last four games. The stormers have to go to Leinster but should win the rest of their games. Looks like they’re going to pip us for 2nd by a point or two. Another sf in Cape Town could be on. :(
Stormers have home games v Sharks (No Springboks), Munster and Benetton outside of the trip to Dublin. Only one they may lose is Munster.
Do you think they will beat leinster? I would also fancy munster to go fully loaded and turn them over.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We're winning the whole lot. I know this now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?