Cardiff Match Updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Have to say if you had offered me that result before the game I'd have had yer arm off. It's a good start to get an away win in Wales but there were a lot of silly errors and Cardiff were tom kite. Still a win is a win just hope we can improve on this. The backs looked flat and the handling was poor at times although defensively we were pretty sound. Up front just thought we could have taken them on more around the fringes and we should have been testing that eejit they had at full back a lot more thahn we did. Bring on the Gunners :!:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

colinh wrote: Anyway it is allwater under the bridge now and we won.

Colin :twisted:
yes we know that now but it could have been different because of Best's indiscipline.
I know he's a favourite of your's Colin (I also believe he's been one of our better players over past 2 seasons and, as NK said other night - he always gives 100%, which can't be said about 1 or 2 others) BUT this sort of thing has got to stop, otherwise better teams will punish us.
I hope McCall doesn't put it down as water under the bridge - it's got to be dealt with. We'd be better off with Feather for 80 mins than Best for 70.
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

yes we know that now but it could have been different because of Best's indiscipline.
I disagree that it was indiscipline. Besty and some others? were rushing in to protect a prostrate colleague who was getting a kicking after the whistle went. No Ulster player moved until after the whisle had gone and the attack was still in progress. Besty did not punch the Cardiff player. He attempted to push the attacking Cardiff player away from the Ulster player that was getting the kicking and thus protect him. The ref saw him rushing in panicked,and gave the penalty for nothing. Besty did nothing wrong that any other player in a similar circumstance would not have done. His actions were not sufficent to warrant the reversal of the penalty. But reversed it was. This decision did not nearly loose us the game but the attempted drop by Hump and the subsequent flick by Frost did.

I may be fan of Bestie's but when he missed Andy Powell? early from a scrum the air was blue as Rooster can vouch.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

colinh wrote: I may be fan of Bestie's but when he missed Andy Powell? early from a scrum the air was blue as Rooster can vouch.

Yip he went ballistic, colin that is not bestie :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

The Cardiff try had already been scored at this stage, reducing the lead to 3. We were camped in their 22 and had just been awarded a penalty, eminently kickable, the taking of which would have run the clock down and closed the match out. Instead Best gives away the penalty reversal and gives Cardiff one last chance to win the game. Now that was pretty long odds, granted, given their previous showing in the game but still it was completely unnecessary and better teams will punish us if that sort of indiscipline continues.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Good morning to you Mr Benson ....... we both obviously see this thing differently and I suspect no amount of persuasive logical argument will change that, so maybe we should just agree to differ.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

ok so we're agreed that I'm right........ 8)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I blame Dickson for not sorting out a potentially dangerous situation :evil:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Of course Freddie :roll:
blame Dickson for not sorting out a potentially dangerous situation
The armchairians are in agreement .....

Romeo47 Alpha 52
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Well he is Scottish so what else would you have expected :roll:

Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

No need for that now!

Not ALL Scottish referees are that bad!

Some are worse :!:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

All the ones I know are! :)
Cap'n Grumpy
Chancellor to the King
Location: At sea on an insignificant blue/green planet orbiting a sun in the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gaz

Scroll to the bottom of my post!
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Have to agree Cap'n

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Sorry Cap'n, that's far too small for me to read at my age (ain't that right Fermain?)

However, I agree with you! :)