What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Re: What annoys people????

Post by mikerob »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Isis
So called
Aye they even have shortened that to IS as they don't want to offend them by calling them Daesh, calling them a State gives them a sort of credibility like they are an actual country and not just a bunch of extremist hoods.
We still talking about the band?

Baaaaand hu Akbar
The band, peace be upon them.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Have I mentioned lately that I despise the IRFU?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The irfu, Isis and the band. In no particular order.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:The irfu, Isis and the band. In no particular order.
BackOfTheStand with you. Oh wait ...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:The irfu, Isis and the band. In no particular order.
ISIS would move well up in my opinion if they got rid of IRFU and the band
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Q radio. The entitled generation. Onslow getting longer. Television and Radio news broadcasts....if I wanna know what's going on in the world, I'll read a newspaper, or search tinternet. I just couldn't give a flying F how many ejits are jumping on lorries at Calais, or what they do with their gas in Syria.
If a nuke lands in the leafy burbs of East Belfast, I won't even here the bang, so why do twats feel the need to tell me about that mental beetroot eating, bear wrestler, of yer man with the hilarious hair who is buying his way into the White House, the home of democracy >6shooter I just don't care.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Trying to convince a peeler I wasn't going to the rugby when I desperately wanted to go to the rugby.

Had to walk a couple of dogs in Ravenhill Park @ about 7:15 on Fri evening before going to a wedding do - parking space provided on the drive at the house. Stopped on Shelbourne. The PC says "that's the first time I've heard that one, you're going to the rugby" He then asks me the address and I didn't know. Eventually let me through and advised me to give a fictitious house no. in Ravenhill Park if stopped by his mates on Onslow. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

A couple of hardy perennials raised their heads today:

- Buffoons aged 50 plus in three-quarter length trousers. No matter how many times I see it it just appalls me, i would love to cull them like seal pups.

- incredibly rude religious fanatics. Picture the scene, I'm standing at my front door, chatting to a Welsh friend Mark who is a Caaaaaaadiff Blues fan. We were discussing how lucky the Blues are to have a ball carrier like Fat NIck when this 40 something spiv-like creature with slicked down hair, without excusing himself nor waiting for a break in our conversation, reached out to me and asked me to accept this "gospel tract" and tell us the good news about our saviour Jesus.

Well, you may gauge my reaction when Mark looked shocked at my scolding of the ignorant mentalist and my telling him exactly where he should try to fit his tract.

Would some of you well intentioned mentalists who are polite and civilised, kindly tell your associates that there are those of us who believe they are nothing but impertinent scumbags. I know where religious organisations are based in my environs, most can be found at or very close to a church. I am going to lobby my MP to raise a bill allowing householders to beat a rude mentalist fanatic with a stout stick or freshly plucked sapling from one's garden to drive them to the extremities of one's property. I'd be perfectly content with no further blows to be allowed, once they cease their trespass against us.

These people really need to learn a few basic manners.

Now which of these would you recommend I hang on my front door?
rude.jpg
rude.jpg (32.39 KiB) Viewed 802 times
rude1.jpg
rude1.jpg (40.81 KiB) Viewed 802 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Now which of these would you recommend I hang on my front door?
First one every time.

I give short shrift to all unsolicited callers these days, mentalists or otherwise.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Totally agree BT. The God Botherers are the worst. I'd rather be doorstepped by a Salesman of any type, rather than those elitist fools who want us to believe in their Sky Fairies and their stories about two naked hippies and a talking snake.
Baptist
Brethren
Plymouth Brethren
Church of God
Seventh Day Adnentists
Jehovahs Witness
Salvation Army
Church of Ireland
Prezzies
Methodists ...... And the made up ones like Scientology(give us yer money)

They all believe they are right and they can't all be, but they still come calling and ask me to read their fantasy pamphlets and listen to them prattle on about some saviour who turned water into wine..... So what, could he give us a Pack worthy of our Backline? Doubt it.
I've had a few polite ones at my door, but they're the exception, because most of these fools, who so fear death, they cling to fairytales about a hereafter, believe their religion makes them better people and therefore they don't feel the need to be polite to anyone who doesn't subscribe to their dogma.....
Sorry, I haven't had any grub yet and the blood sugars must be low, but religion is my pet hate, along with the IRFU >threaten
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

That man outside the Europa annoys my face. I have my own beliefs, I keep them to myself. I don't need you to tell me Jesus loves me in the most condescending voice you could muster. And the more forcefully you try and hand me a tract, the more likely I'll be not to take one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tighter End wrote:Totally agree BT. The God Botherers are the worst. I'd rather be doorstepped by a Salesman of any type, rather than those elitist fools who want us to believe in their Sky Fairies and their stories about two naked hippies and a talking snake.
Baptist
Brethren
Plymouth Brethren
Church of God
Seventh Day Adnentists
Jehovahs Witness
Salvation Army
Church of Ireland
Prezzies
Methodists ...... And the made up ones like Scientology(give us yer money)

They all believe they are right and they can't all be, but they still come calling and ask me to read their fantasy pamphlets and listen to them prattle on about some saviour who turned water into wine..... So what, could he give us a Pack worthy of our Backline? Doubt it.
I've had a few polite ones at my door, but they're the exception, because most of these fools, who so fear death, they cling to fairytales about a hereafter, believe their religion makes them better people and therefore they don't feel the need to be polite to anyone who doesn't subscribe to their dogma.....
Sorry, I haven't had any grub yet and the blood sugars must be low, but religion is my pet hate, along with the IRFU >threaten
Nice rant Tender, though I suspect you mean the FIRFU. :lol: :lol: :lol:

For clarity and to return his rudeness on the basis of that well known biblical "eye for an eye" I suggested he might stick his tract up his hole. I'm a very long way past being pleasant to these irritants with no manners ..........though admittedly I do make an exception for elderly ladies ............I must be sexist :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am not aware of a collective noun for mentalist door knockers though it would almost certainly be a "pestilence of mentalists".

Usual caveat applies: many decent individuals, including some sky pilots etc etc.

Why only last week I was in a church and my good friend Grumps was there but chose to remain on the other side of the church. As we met leaving the service he told me that he was afraid God might unleash a thunderbolt in my direction and didn't want to die in "friendly fire". :lol: He's a good guy Grumps. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

You see, right there.... That's the reason I'm here and long my it continue. Many thanks for pointing out my mistake. I did indeed mean FIRFU, the power crazed Nazis who are forcing a man to leave his home. A man who has lived here long enough to have obtained citizenship. Dragging his young children, kicking and screaming, away from the only friends they've ever known. Uprooting these well settled, loving, caring people.
Imagine the looks of real terror in their eyes, as they step off the choo-choo and their little tear streaked faces start to burn from the stench of garlic, onions, sweaty socks and poodle crap! They won't know how to shrug their shoulders, run away from confrontation, or make themselves understood without shouting. Think of the illnesses they'll suffer when forced to eat Toads, not to mention their cholesterol levels rocketing to heart stopping levels. For the love of Chris Akabusi, think of the little children. How can FIRFU be so cruel? >fiddle
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Tighter End wrote:And the made up ones
As opposed to the non made up ones? :lol:

The road where one lot are more plausible than another is a dangerous one Tighter >EW
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Hotel dinners - invariably overpriced and mediocre.
Big Neville Southall