What are you listening to?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by big mervyn »

Brassneck is definitely a WUM.

You think you suffered Baggy? My da has a collection of accordion band music in the car. Jaysus wept :banghead:

Listening to a bit of Djangology (Rheinhardt and Grapelli) in the motor the day. Now there's a bit of pure class.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Brassneck is definitely a WUM.

You think you suffered Baggy? My da has a collection of accordion band music in the car. Jaysus wept :banghead:

Listening to a bit of Djangology (Rheinhardt and Grapelli) in the motor the day. Now there's a bit of pure class.
Funny Merv, I first heard of Django Reinhardt through my mother who was a proficient French speaker & to immerse herself to a degree, she read French books and listened to French artists like Jacques Brel & Django Reinhardt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Off to see Muse at the Odyssey. Expecting a massive show.
You will enjoy that snipe. They are truly amazing live!
Outstanding show, really clever. Production values the like of which I've not seen before from a touring band.
Possibly the classiest thing of all is that the band are promoting Medecins Sans Frontieres on their tour and are raising awareness of and cash for the work they do.
Sniper >sniper , I've often heard people talking of this "production values" chizel. As an educated man, would you kindly explain to me exactly what that means, or failing that, what it means to you?

Yours in fevered anticipation ...........etc etc.

CJ, each to their own old boy, as I've already said to a learned gent today, but I just thought I would mention, I once drove........eh, was driven...... to Murrayfield from Newton Stewart, Wigtownshire by my brother-in-law. Shortly into the journey, which he swore was quicker by back roads across country as he drove like a feckin' lunatic around sharp bends, he stuck on a CD of the RAF Band playing old standards like 'mazing Grace, The Dambusters, that sort of thing.

It was hard to say which made me more bilious, his driving or an hour of brass bands before I ejected if and hurled it out the windie. :lol: :lol: :lol: He wasn't best pleased to say the least. Then he remembered he'd bought it for £1.99 and I pressed a two pound note coin into his hand and told him to keep the change. >EW

On the way back, with my mood depressed after a shocking performance from Ireland, he treated me to some Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Could have been worse, could have been bloody Elvis or Fat Elton Jim. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Shed load of fancy stuff.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tom Waits: NIghthawks at the Diner (1975)

Quality. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Recently loaded Joe Jackson onto my Aye Pod. Very under rated singer songwriter.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Recently loaded Joe Jackson onto my Aye Pod. Very under rated singer songwriter.
:shock: It's not a nano you have then. :duck:

:duh: I'm turning into Grumpy :banghead:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Off to see Muse at the Odyssey. Expecting a massive show.
You will enjoy that snipe. They are truly amazing live!
Outstanding show, really clever. Production values the like of which I've not seen before from a touring band.
Possibly the classiest thing of all is that the band are promoting Medecins Sans Frontieres on their tour and are raising awareness of and cash for the work they do.
Sniper >sniper , I've often heard people talking of this "production values" chizel. As an educated man, would you kindly explain to me exactly what that means, or failing that, what it means to you?

Yours in fevered anticipation ...........etc etc.

CJ, each to their own old boy, as I've already said to a learned gent today, but I just thought I would mention, I once drove........eh, was driven...... to Murrayfield from Newton Stewart, Wigtownshire by my brother-in-law. Shortly into the journey, which he swore was quicker by back roads across country as he drove like a feckin' lunatic around sharp bends, he stuck on a CD of the RAF Band playing old standards like 'mazing Grace, The Dambusters, that sort of thing.

It was hard to say which made me more bilious, his driving or an hour of brass bands before I ejected if and hurled it out the windie. :lol: :lol: :lol: He wasn't best pleased to say the least. Then he remembered he'd bought it for £1.99 and I pressed a two pound note coin into his hand and told him to keep the change. >EW

On the way back, with my mood depressed after a shocking performance from Ireland, he treated me to some Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Could have been worse, could have been bloody Elvis or Fat Elton Jim. :duh: :duh: :duh:
Shed load of fancy stuff.
You mean it didn't sound shyte, like Christy Burgh, who an alleged "friend" of mine inveigled me to going to in the KIng's Hall many years ago? I'd never heard of Chris D and not knowing his "work", the shyte sound mean it was just pretty putrid bullshite and boring as bejaysus, what a relief when it was over. I've hated him since.

We were able to go down the Golden Mile for a bite to eat whilst my mate's then wife fecked him up and down in a display of familial discord I have not seen before nor happily since.

He may well have played the odd away game but if you have problems, don't inflict them on friends in a feckin' restaurant and behave like a back-to-front. They divorces soon after than feck. He was my best mate since I was about 15, she was a chube who I never liked from the day I met her. Noleen :duh: :duh: :duh: what a kunt.

Anyway, thanks Snipe, that was most enlightening. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Roll away 5 wrote:Came across Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats on Sean Coyle a few months ago. Rarely heard the like of them. Thought they just be a one hit wonder. Was very wrong. Here is their first big video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY >appl
Thank you for introducing me to thisImage
Since reading your post, I gave the album a listen on Spotify and have listened many times since.
I've even managed to secure a couple of tickets for his gig at the UEA later this year.
I was tempted to go to Latitude, this summer, as I wouldn't mind seeing The Lumineers and New Order, both play Sunday, but Nathaniel Rateliffe is playing on the Saturday.
I'm too old to do a full weekend festivalImage
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Samstew wrote:
Roll away 5 wrote:Came across Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats on Sean Coyle a few months ago. Rarely heard the like of them. Thought they just be a one hit wonder. Was very wrong. Here is their first big video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY >appl
Thank you for introducing me to thisImage
Since reading your post, I gave the album a listen on Spotify and have listened many times since.
I've even managed to secure a couple of tickets for his gig at the UEA later this year.
I was tempted to go to Latitude, this summer, as I wouldn't mind seeing The Lumineers and New Order, both play Sunday, but Nathaniel Rateliffe is playing on the Saturday.
I'm too old to do a full weekend festivalImage
Ho hey. :D
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Anyone else get tickets for Foy Vance in the Ulster Hall? I am absolutely buzzing for December

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HairyJ wrote:Anyone else get tickets for Foy Vance in the Ulster Hall? I am absolutely buzzing for December

I'm buzzin' forbye Hairy, not for Foy Vance but in exactly 60 weeks time I will have retired .........for the second time.

Is yer man any good? Have heard the name but not the chanter .................oi Hairy, just a thought ........it's not bloody country music is it?
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
HairyJ wrote:Anyone else get tickets for Foy Vance in the Ulster Hall? I am absolutely buzzing for December

I'm buzzin' forbye Hairy, not for Foy Vance but in exactly 60 weeks time I will have retired .........for the second time.

Is yer man any good? Have heard the name but not the chanter .................oi Hairy, just a thought ........it's not bloody country music is it?
He's absolutely brilliant, BT. He's my generation's Van Morrison, the general populace just don't know it yet.

Great singer, great songwriter, more than holds his own on the guitar.

Truly cannot wait, and look forward to your critiquing from Espana!

HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

And no, it's not country. It's more folk than anything else.

Roll away 5
Novice

Post by Roll away 5 »

Hairy, you ever seen Brian Houston live? Think you might. >elvis
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Roll away 5 wrote:Hairy, you ever seen Brian Houston live? Think you might. >elvis
I haven't, my friend - but I've just YouTubed him and within the first 30 seconds I knew that this guy was right up my street.

Genuine thanks, I'm going to try and get to one of his gigs.

He also has an eerily similar voice to a guy I used to go watch in Liverpool called Mikey Kenney. Wrap your ears around this phenomenal talent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09mZxPGQe5g