Six Nations 17/18

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:Just in case amnesia has set in here, deliberate or medical, I would refer you to Heaslip's tackle on Stuart Hogg in March 2015 in the Scotland v Ireland game. Classic try saving tackle. It's about 75 minutes into the game. I am sure you can get it on youtube.
You mean when a Leinster out half missed a kick to make it a more than one score game?

I was there. I remember

If Leinster fly halves would stop missing kicks Ireland wouldnt have to have backs to the wall defence

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl Well remembered Russ, I'd forgotten that one from the Janny the Loop greatest misses collection, starring the "slipped in his own shyte" kick that would have hastened the first beating of the All Blacks.

Apparently, the DVD is to be re-released with an Extras feature entitled: "The Loop bails out" a collection of when he's had a chance to put a game away but declines the easy penalty, I understand Saturdays gutless refusal to put Ireland 10 points up with bugger all time left will be featured as amongst the most cowardly decisions ever in world rugby. The shamefulbastard even took a quick one and ran it in an attempt to cover up his personal cowardice. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Doubtless, all you Paddybastards were relieved that Stockcube saved his blushes, I was hoping Wales would sneak a late try to expose Loop the Coward.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 48827.html

I'll just leave this here.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Could someone please deliver a brief summary, I have no use for listening to anything Luke Fitzwank has to say on anything. I assume they are playing the old game "Blame the Nordie".

I dare say there was no mention of Janny the Loop not only kicking like a one-legged man in an arsekicking contest, but also blatantly bottling a kick at goal to secure the game. If you want to look at why an utterly dominant team scraped home, look no further than Sexton. My only surprise was that they didn't give him the MOTM anyway..............just because he's souper.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Could someone please deliver a brief summary, I have no use for listening to anything Luke Fitzwank has to say on anything. I assume they are playing the old game "Blame the Nordie".

I dare say there was no mention of Janny the Loop not only kicking like a one-legged man in an arsekicking contest, but also blatantly bottling a kick at goal to secure the game. If you want to look at why an utterly dominant team scraped home, look no further than Sexton. My only surprise was that they didn't give him the MOTM anyway..............just because he's souper.
Fitzgerald continuing the D4 meedya offensive on UR players holding back Mexicans from caps

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Lukie boy thinks the fact that Ireland were getting dragged into a narrow defence was all the fault of the winger left trying to cover 20m of pitch and 3 attackers on his own. He's making up a story blaming Ireland's narrow defence on a permitted Nordie target. Stockdale was not at fault for Shingler's try. The entire back line were being dragged in and he was rightly holding his position to maintain the integrity of the line.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Subtitling error? Bit of a coincidence.

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:Subtitling error? Bit of a coincidence.

I wonder is it just purely speech recognition or is there some sort of AI/context lookup built into it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:

I wonder is it just purely speech recognition or is there some sort of AI/context lookup built into it.
It's not untrue though.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

It's not untrue though.
I liked his response.

To paraphrase: I wish they'd had this 25 years ago. It would have saved me a lot of bother working things out.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Lukie boy thinks the fact that Ireland were getting dragged into a narrow defence was all the fault of the winger left trying to cover 20m of pitch and 3 attackers on his own. He's making up a story blaming Ireland's narrow defence on a permitted Nordie target. Stockdale was not at fault for Shingler's try. The entire back line were being dragged in and he was rightly holding his position to maintain the integrity of the line.
Loike makes no mention of the same try being scored down mcfadyens wing either

Blame the nordie

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I hear that Luke Fitz is taking over Ireland selection duties from Josef.

No. Not really. He is just another in a long list of clowns being paid to give the type of opinion folk on here give for free. Most of what is written in the media and elsewhere about rugby is utter ballix. I've even been known to engage in it myself. Life is too short to care about what Luke writes.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Now the Farrell news is not good. Just when the fecker shows himself to be a good option he fecking gets injured in training. Should be docked a month's wages for that.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Fitzgerald of all people comin out with that crap, now let me think how good was he ever on the wing for either Ireland or Leinster :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:I hear that Luke Fitz is taking over Ireland selection duties from Josef.

No. Not really. He is just another in a long list of clowns being paid to give the type of opinion folk on here give for free. Most of what is written in the media and elsewhere about rugby is utter ballix. I've even been known to engage in it myself. Life is too short to care about what Luke writes.
Amen Brother Turnip. :thumleft:

I have hated him for a long time. I'm fully aware that it's a waste of energy, but I'm pretty twitchy at present and he's a good target to release a bit of pent-up rage at.

My favourite, Fitzwank story is when he was under-20 and was too important to join the rest of the U20 squad in a training camp, choosing to turn up, park at the side of the pitch in Belfield, train and then go home. Eventually, he decided the U20s were unimportant, claimed to be injured and was replaced in the squad by Felix Jones.

The U20s with Earls, Cave and a load of other decent players won the U20 Grand Slam. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ringrose and Sammy Arnold involved in PR media work. Ringrose is a shoo-in for the weekend now. I wonder is Hendo still broken?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:Ringrose and Sammy Arnold involved in PR media work. Ringrose is a shoo-in for the weekend now. I wonder is Hendo still broken?
Hendo and Furlong both expected to train fully this week and be available for selection.