What are you listening to?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Rooster »

Our own local lad Ricky Warwick who has sang with The Almighty, Thin Lizzy, Blackstar Riders and solo has a cracking vocal range also.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Stuart Barnes masturbation album
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:Our own local lad Ricky Warwick who has sang with The Almighty, Thin Lizzy, Blackstar Riders and solo has a cracking vocal range also.
I don't rate him as anything above the ordinary at all.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Just a closer walk with Thee Chris Barber and Ottlie Patterson, Take my hand Precious Lord Chris Berber and Lonnie Donegan ,Wings of a Dove Ferlin Husky , My Sweet Lord George Harrison.

That selection will definitely wind up the masses

Also on the Old IPod, Bob Seger, Guns N Roses ,Cream,lynyrd Skynrd, Alice Cooper the Quiry Boys, Billy Paul Me and Mrs Jones

Took the wife to see Micheal Buble in Cardiff the whole front row went wet his first song was Me and Mrs Jones,

Also there are a few songs By Paddy Roberts such as the Lavender Cowboy ,Follow me in similar vein Be Prepared Tom Lehrer

Tom Waits Baggy can listen to about Two tracks and then in need of respite very much an acquired taste

About 1979 worked in the Maiden city for about a week and half we amused our self listening to Spud at The Point it was a funny City about then they had bombed everything in the City and then had to Go to Donegal for a drink where the prices were higher when paying in pounds and getting your change in punts pounds in the right pocket punts in the left
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

some which might appeal to you

Donald the Dub and Then he took up golf both By Frank Crumit

and a little old recording of "it's in the Book by Jonny Standley

available on iTunes
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Just a closer walk with Thee Chris Barber and Ottlie Patterson, Take my hand Precious Lord Chris Berber and Lonnie Donegan ,Wings of a Dove Ferlin Husky , My Sweet Lord George Harrison.

That selection will definitely wind up the masses

Also on the Old IPod, Bob Seger, Guns N Roses ,Cream,lynyrd Skynrd, Alice Cooper the Quiry Boys, Billy Paul Me and Mrs Jones

Took the wife to see Micheal Buble in Cardiff the whole front row went wet his first song was Me and Mrs Jones,

Also there are a few songs By Paddy Roberts such as the Lavender Cowboy ,Follow me in similar vein Be Prepared Tom Lehrer

Tom Waits Baggy can listen to about Two tracks and then in need of respite very much an acquired taste

About 1979 worked in the Maiden city for about a week and half we amused our self listening to Spud at The Point it was a funny City about then they had bombed everything in the City and then had to Go to Donegal for a drink where the prices were higher when paying in pounds and getting your change in punts pounds in the right pocket punts in the left
Rum'n you're an amateur. Tom Waits is quality. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1979 in the Maiden City? I was there why didn't you look me up? :lol:

When you say The Point, you are talking about Quigley's Point. One of my colleagues owned a big house just round the corner, a few times a squad of us would squat on Dougie's floor after a session. A little further down the road Redcastle Hotel was a regular spot and further still Moville where another of the lads lived. Left at Quigleys's Point and over the hill to Carn where the pubs only pretended to close. :lol:

Happy Days Rum'n, happy days, of course almost every night started in the Glue Pot at the bottom of Shipquay Street, Red Willie's bar. :stout: Great Guinness in their, when we were finished work I phoned the barman, Michael Cooke and said these words, "commence pouring Michael". When we got down the hill there were 3 pints ready on the bar. :stout: :stout: :stout:

Happy happy days, simple pleasures. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Longtime ago i knew the Kearneys who owned the City and Melville Hotels which in the late 50s and 60s were a goldmine due the Dances they ran . Lost track of Gordon . Then there was a fellow I went to school with Dr Tom Craig who once said to a school master " you can't be a horse by day and a Stallion at night "

We would normal after work had a drink in the 19 th hole on the Road to Buncrana .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Foy Vance has put on another date in the Ulster Hall, if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I'd never heard of Foy Vance until lately, but he is eminently listenable.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

He's a great performer live.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

This very evening Mrs Trousers has asked me, "have you heard of Foy Vance"?

I replied, "yes, Hairy was talking about him on the forum the other day".

She has since been playing his music on her iPad.

Decent is my opinion. She may be attempting to buy tickets in the morning. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Nice one!

It's a great month for music from round these parts. Ciaran Lavery releases his new album next Friday.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HairyJ wrote:Nice one!

It's a great month for music from round these parts. Ciaran Lavery releases his new album next Friday.
You're darn tootin it is. The Boss rocks up in Dublin next Friday and Sunday. Unlike my good friend who is attending both shows, I'm only going to one. I have another engagement on Saturday :red:
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Snipe Watson wrote:

You're darn tootin it is. The Boss rocks up in Dublin next Friday and Sunday. Unlike my good friend who is attending both shows, I'm only going to one. I have another engagement on Saturday :red:
I think my younger brother is going to that, should be an amazing gig!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HairyJ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

I think my younger brother is going to that, should be an amazing gig!
Categorically the best artist I have ever seen, and I've seen a few. He still does 3.5 hours full pelt and he's 66.