Is this true?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

prawnsarnies
Novice

Re: Is this true?

Post by prawnsarnies »

Bumped into him at the Oyster Festival in Hillsborough last Saturday, smiling as usual and always had time for a chat. Picking up a Chinese in the village earlier when the ambulance went through, horrible to think what had just gone on. Lovely bloke whose 'fame' hadnt changed him - from a well respected and popular family. His brother leaves behind young kids, my thoughts are with them all.
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Rumours on one of the RIP Nevin pages on Facebook that the dog went into the pit, someone got in trouble trying to get it out, then someone else got in trouble trying to get them out and so on resulting in the 3 men all in it together.

Not sure if any of the above is true. Will be happy to delete or for mods to delete.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
The Boo Radleys
Warrior

Post by The Boo Radleys »

Nevin - a top Ulsterman. Will never forget the try in the corner at Bath with the somersault and Nevin coming up, face covered in white line paint, ball still in hand.

God bless, The Boo Radleys
The six most dangerous words in the English Language - Your reward will come in Heaven...
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Heard more less the same Fuzzy, rumour that the dog went in, his sister tried to get the dog out, and when she got stuck then the three men all went to get the sister out. Again, happy to delete or mods to delete.

Anyway, terrible terrible news. He was a distant relation of mine, and although I have never spoke to him he seemed a very genuine and humble lad, both on and off the field. Watched him play rugby for his school all the way up and really he was an inspiration to any young player, such a brilliant attitude. Really does put the game in perspective that it is only just a game and there is many more important things. With respect, I find it nice that he is a man of faith and less than a month ago at New Horizon he signed a book that I bought, simply entitled '3:16, the numbers of hope.'

Thoughts are prayers are the family and also for Emma that she may pull through and recover from such a tragic loss.
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
StKenneth
Novice

Post by StKenneth »

To the best supporters in Ireland, I'd like to offer my deepest and sincerest condolences to the Spence family and my best wishes to you all in coming to terms with this horrendous accident.

Words fail me at moments like this, but be assured, that supporters of this wonderful game, will be thinking of you all.

RIP Nevin and his father and brother, and prayers and well wishes to Nevin's sister.

Regards, St. Kenneth.
Oh When The Saints.. Go Marching In
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Shed a tear for Nevin and his family tonight.
Such a tragic loss, Nevin, forever a Ulsterman. :red:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
jonnybags
Novice

Post by jonnybags »

This is sad and sickening news, thoughts are with the loved ones.
baz
Novice

Post by baz »

My thoughts are with the family.

SUFTUM
Ulsterscall
Novice

Post by Ulsterscall »

Just want to echo all thats been said already tonight - all my thoughts and condolences to the whole family circle.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

BBC now confirming it was Nevin. Just to remove any lingering doubt, or hope that it just may not be him :cry:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19614688
Mary had a little lamb . . .
tazman
Novice

Post by tazman »

Devastated here about Nevin and his family, words can't describe this, he was just way too young. He has his whole life ahead of him. A loss to not just Ulster and Ireland, but to his community. This is beyond rugby, it's so tragic
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Terrible news. Such a talented young man gone too soon. RIP Nevin.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Terrible news. Such a talented young man gone too soon. RIP Nevin.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gik133
Novice

Post by Gik133 »

Long time observer of the various views on this forum however first time poster. No matter of the various differences of opinions held by many Ulster fans it is clear tonight that everyone has be shocked by not only the death of one of our most talented young players, but one of the worst tragedies to ever hit one family. I had spent the first part of this evening analysing last nights game with friends and concluding that this season looked particularly bright because we had so many great players still to return, one of the names mentioned was Nevin Spence. It is hard to believe that a few hours later we where to be informed that he had passed away. The loss we are all feeling must be nothing compared to that of the Spence family, thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.
Sea_point
Novice

Post by Sea_point »

Just want to add my condolences to all the Ulster Rugby family, extremely sad news at the loss of such a fine young talent and also that of his father and brother of course.

Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a n-anamacha dílse...
"But, hark! a voice like thunder spake,
The West's awake! the West's awake!"

The one true faith....