Castres 18/19/20 January 2013

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Castres 18/19/20 January 2013

Post by Rooster »

keirhardy wrote:Anyone coming to De Danu,Toulouse on Thursday or Friday night ? I'm bringing him a fleg. :red:
Don't tell him his Stout is tom kite and don't make a mess in the bogs.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
keirhardy
Novice

Post by keirhardy »

Good ideas >yahoo
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

keirhardy wrote:Anyone coming to De Danu,Toulouse on Thursday or Friday night ? I'm bringing him a fleg. :red:
Leave it Keir - he's not worth it! >burp

Wouldn't give him the time of day, let alone my custom :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
cardweg
Novice

Post by cardweg »

Rovi Snave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Any consensus yet on sideline or behind the posts for tickets?

presumably if bought from UR, we'll be together with other Ulster brothers and sisters in either?
6 of us have gone for sideline - more expensive but hopefully better view (although knowing our luck they'll put us at the end of the stand!). I'd be surprised if we are not grouped together, no matter which option you choose - certainly at Clermont that was the case :salut:
Yep, at the end of the stand as predicted. Block M
See you there.
CW & ali c
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

3 x bolck M

Roll on Saturday
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

Look like it will be cold with the possibility of snow showers.

http://france.meteofrance.com/france/me ... lle/810650
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote:Castres Information

Bars

Quays Irish Pub – Rue Frederic Thomas – near to main square – open 4pm to 2am every day – apparently shows matches on tv. Has facebook page and website – http://www.hamaquay.com

Bar De L’Europe –Place Jean Jaures (Main Square)

Cocina/Divino – Quai Tourcaudiere – apparently a rugby bar on river around the corner from the main sqaure

Restaurants

La Grillade – Rue Malpas – good for meat lovers apparently, pizzas also good apparently – just North of the main square

L’Escurial – Rue Henry IV/Rue Docteurs Sicard – beside the river, north of main of sqaure

Yankee Grill – Rue Fuzies – good for meat lovers apparently – Other side of river from main square

La Casa’ Line – Rue Henry IV – good for Italian apparently – near to main square

Le Pescadou – Rue des 3 Rois – good for Fish apparently, owner is apparently a big Castres supporter – just off main square

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant ... enees.html

Other Info

Small town – easy to walk around

Stade Pierre Antoine – Rue Soeur Audenet – 1 mile from town centre – not a long walk (20 minutes according to google) – bar facilities at ground etc

All the above information gathered from Saints and Castres fans, trip advisor and google maps, so if anyone can add to it, go for it :D

Info about the game from Castres website (through google translate)

"Pour la sixième (et dernière) journée des poules qualificatives de Coupe d'Europe HCUP, le Castres Olympique reçoit les Irlandais de l'Ulster Rugby samedi 19 janvier 2013 à 14h35 au stade Pierre-Antoine. Cette rencontre sera arbitrée par Nigel Owens.

Le stade ouvrira ses portes dès 12h30, et un "Village gourmand" sera organisé : l'occasion de partager un moment convivial avant le début du match. Des boissons, frites, sandwichs, daube, fruits de mer... vous seront proposés !"

"For the sixth (and last) day of qualifying hens HCUP European Cup, Castres Olympique receives the Ulster Irish Rugby Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 14:35 Pierre-Antoine stage. This meeting will be refereed by Nigel Owens.

The stadium will open at 12:30, and a "food Village" will be organized: the opportunity to share a friendly moment before the match. Drinks, fries, sandwiches, stew, seafood .. will be offered!"
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

DavyG wrote:3 x bolck M
behind the dead ball line then :stir:

Any others for Block 'L'? (looks like it should be in the 22, but probably also is level with in-goal >ES

Looks like I'm in front row (unless they number from the back) ..... wondering if I'll even be able to see the far side of the pitch, from being too low :scratch:
I'm not arguing -
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
DavyG wrote:3 x bolck M
behind the dead ball line then :stir:

Any others for Block 'L'? (looks like it should be in the 22, but probably also is level with in-goal >ES

Looks like I'm in front row (unless they number from the back) ..... wondering if I'll even be able to see the far side of the pitch, from being too low :scratch:
Depends how big the snow drift in front of you is if you can even see the pitch
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Rooster - That's not a snow drift, it's Grumpy's XXL white Ulster shirt c 2001......
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tevez wrote:Rooster - That's not a snow drift, it's Grumpy's XXL white Ulster shirt c 2001......
.... which can be used as a frost cover for the pitch the night before! :D
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I wrote:..... wondering if I'll even be able to see the far side of the pitch, from being too low :scratch:
:duh:

the solution is obvious ...

I'll just have to STAND UP for the Ulster men :duh:
I'm not arguing -
cardweg
Novice

Post by cardweg »

Thought spending twice the price for a seat in the stand would keep us out of any inclement weather & give us a good view of the game.

With tickets at or about the try line in row 1, I am wondering about the wisdom of the extra expense, but ho hum, off to Castres on Friday anyway and we'll have a whale of a time no matter what.

Might even wear MY XXL Ulster shirt c 2001 in homage to the great Cap'n. With his new media career, I might even seek out his autograph >you_rock

CW
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

cardweg wrote:Might even wear MY XXL Ulster shirt c 2001 in homage to the great Cap'n. With his new media career, I might even seek out his autograph >you_rock
Aye - because I've never been on tele before :lol:
I'm not arguing -
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
cardweg wrote:Might even wear MY XXL Ulster shirt c 2001 in homage to the great Cap'n. With his new media career, I might even seek out his autograph >you_rock
Aye - because I've never been on tele before :lol:
Standing beside HWM doesn't count; too easy, it's like spotting yourself on the TV at the doors to C&A.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk