Gusherasms

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Gusherasms

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Baggy

I will join your Gusher loving club

Russ, it's not Baggys and he is only a member at large, to be a member one must have reached and passed puberty, I believe that rules you out.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:

Russ, it's not Baggys and he is only a member at large, to be a member one must have reached and passed puberty, I believe that rules you out.
The Gusher group will go to war with the George Hook group at half time
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Do we have to stay in "character"?

I usually manage the odd cry of "he's gat no paice!" whenever Tommy makes a scintillating break against Munster but have difficulty sustaining it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

I love listening to Gusher even if I ,m not Irish or Northern Irish as well. The truth is the most loved are not commentators who are flawless but those with charisma despite or maybe because of mistakes they make and funny quotes. In Poland we had Jan Ciszewski who was a legend and commonly loved ( football games mostly) despite he sometimes used to say nonsense or fall from euphoria to despair and again .
But I dislike Staurt Barnes as he changes his opinion on players and teams depending who is actually winning though I appreciate his expertise.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: The SKY guys in general leave me cold and by and large I can't tell one from the other. No discernible style to enjoy, just generally bland competence.

This guy has "potential" Baggy. Bland "competence" indeed! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYl4xH7Y ... ata_player
I found that hilarious :lol: good to see even the best muck it up sometimes
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

"This is Byron McGuigan, got to be careful I don't call him Barry McGuigan"

A pale attempt at a Gusher from Sky's fake Gusher
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

You have to have merchandise..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.65 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote: Do we have to stay in "character"?

I usually manage the odd cry of "he's gat no paice!" whenever Tommy makes a scintillating break against Munster but have difficulty sustaining it.
My favourite Merv, was his ill-fated but doubtless handsomely rewarded, "I havvvvvve fallen in laaaaaaauuve with Technaaaaaaalagy"
george.jpg
george.jpg (41.43 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

In that case Russ, as a dual member it will be convenient for me to stand where I am & simply beat myself to a bloody pulp, claiming victory for both sets of fans. Don't you love it when life unexpectedly works out :thumleft:

Must give myself a good slap before I go out for a bit of practice. Just creep up on myself when I'm getting my coat on and coldcock myself while shouting "take that you Hook loving banker."
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
In that case Russ, as a dual member it will be convenient for me to stand where I am & simply beat myself to a bloody pulp, claiming victory for both sets of fans. Don't you love it when life unexpectedly works out :thumleft:

Must give myself a good slap before I go out for a bit of practice. Just creep up on myself when I'm getting my coat on and coldcock myself while shouting "take that you Hook loving banker."
Just wait until the Mark Robson, Will Greenwood and Tony Ward fan groups turn up and it ends up like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zro4CfP9wY

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu7xiJ_HD6c
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Do we have to stay in "character"?

My favourite Merv, was his ill-fated but doubtless handsomely rewarded, "I havvvvvve fallen in laaaaaaauuve with Technaaaaaaalagy"
george.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINzmRPfMCU

Best Apres Match.

Ever.
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

Merchandise must be bespoke of course..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.48 KiB) Viewed 1157 times
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Scholar wrote:You have to have merchandise..
Love the tshirt where can i buy one Scholar? :salut:

Sterling work as usual, thanks. keep it up :red: :fleg:
OnTheWestCarbuncle
Novice

Post by OnTheWestCarbuncle »

I completely agree with Scholar that Gusher is worthy of mention in the same breath as the great Bill McLaren. I have thought this myself before and often thought the Six Nations coverage would be much more entertaining with Gusher at the helm. I find Eddie Butler detracts from your enjoyment whereas Gusher is either unobtrusive or enhancing the entertainment.

My favourite was from radio coverage of an away game at London Irish (I think) where he apologised for missing a bit of the action but explained that a large female London Irish supporter was "blocking out the sun". I roared at that.
SUFTU
Cables
Ulster Rugby statistician and corrector of journalists / programme editors / CEOs (Moondance2012)
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Just watching the game back now and Mark Robson and Scott Hastings came up with a few gems as well:
MR: "Paddy Jackson is walking rather gingerly. Well you would if you had ginger hair."
MR: "Meet Scott Hastings, the new scrum guru."
SH: "Ulster just knocking it on there...oh, no, wait...no it was an accidental offside, sorry."
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.