2014/15 Tigers watch

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

tigerburnie
Warrior

Re: 2014/15 Tigers watch

Post by tigerburnie »

tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/20673.php
Comfortable bonus point win in the end, good game time for some new to the squad and for those returning after missing the pre season. Russ' favourite Tom Croft, pulled out late after failing to recover from a shoulder knock, should be available next week.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:http://www.leicestertigers.com/rugby/20673.php
Comfortable bonus point win in the end, good game time for some new to the squad and for those returning after missing the pre season. Russ' favourite Tom Croft, pulled out late after failing to recover from a shoulder knock, should be available next week.
Fair enough TB, but I doubt if Newcastle would win a game in the PRO12.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Newcastle are better than last year apparently and were in it in the first half, killed off in the second half when Tigers stepped up a gear. Good start for us and a long way to go, lot of players missing yet, so good to those offered a chance taking it.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Bad news for the Tigers!
Story taken from the BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29128248

Leicester Tigers captain Ed Slater will be sidelined for up to nine months because of a knee injury.
Second row Slater was part of England's Elite Player Squad last season and was injured playing for the England midweek side on the summer tour of New Zealand.
Director of rugby Richard Cockerill told BBC 5 Live: "The likelihood is seven to nine months and that's probably his season over.
"It's pretty horrific for Ed and pretty average for us."
Slater, who signed a new two-year contract with Tigers in November last year, has had surgery and started his rehabilitation.
Cockerill felt the 26-year-old would have been a strong contender to win full international honours this season.
"Certainly competing with Joe Launchbury, it would be a good contest between the two of them," Cockerill said.
"He's had some really, really bad luck. We'll look after him, get him right, and no doubt he will push for England honours again.
"He'll come back fitter and fresher than ever, hopefully that will be by this time next year."
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/207 ... BLaQst0yUk

Side getting stronger with returning players, some signs of squad rotation too, expect Tom Youngs and Ghiraldini to rotate starts and also Crane and Barbieri.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/207 ... BLaQst0yUk

Side getting stronger with returning players, some signs of squad rotation too, expect Tom Youngs and Ghiraldini to rotate starts and also Crane and Barbieri.
You rested players?
In that super competitive league?

Holy feck
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Pay attention Russ, rotating, one on the bench one week plays second half and then starts the next week. Big squad need to get players up to speed before we lose some for the Autumn Internationals. Nice to see our academy producing some new ones too.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:Pay attention Russ, rotating, one on the bench one week plays second half and then starts the next week. Big squad need to get players up to speed before we lose some for the Autumn Internationals. Nice to see our academy producing some new ones too.
Wait. How is this different to the Pro12?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Pay attention Russ, rotating, one on the bench one week plays second half and then starts the next week. Big squad need to get players up to speed before we lose some for the Autumn Internationals. Nice to see our academy producing some new ones too.
Wait. How is this different to the Pro12?
It's a technicality, PRL rotates players and PRO12 rests players.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Prem teams to have salary cap increased to £5.5m + 2 marquee signings.....how many actually spend up to the cap at present....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:Prem teams to have salary cap increased to £5.5m + 2 marquee signings.....how many actually spend up to the cap at present....
Some of them may even abide by it .............. those will be the ones "sans pot".

Fit did say we need to get our budget up around £7m I think to be competitive with les rosbifs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:Tigers watch or Tigers wash?
An investigation at a Midlands rugby club found the PVL-MSSA bug had spread between players, giving rise to boils, abscesses and carbuncles.
Full story. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29210618

Hope the abscesses and carbuncles heal up soon. :shock:
Until the entire East Midlands can be shown to be a carbuncle free zone, Ulster should insist they will not travel to the East Midlands. I believe the PRL will support this action as they are after all, the bastion of all that is FAIR. I believe that PRL and Mr McTwattery will support Ulster's principled stand.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/207 ... BxbG8t0yUk
So Russ' favourite flanker makes his first start, good depth on the bench, but with two twenty year old props from our academy we might lack experience in the propping department. Long time before we see Ayerza or Cole I think.