Ulster Underage Interpros 2014

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

dublane
Novice

Re: Ulster Underage Interpros 2014

Post by dublane »

From the horses mouth, no injury and it was based on the performance in past two matches. I'm sure a rest will do no harm and there are plenty of ravens games to come.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

dublane wrote:From the horses mouth, no injury and it was based on the performance in past two matches. I'm sure a rest will do no harm and there are plenty of ravens games to come.
You can talk to horses
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I understand from a certain gent that many of the men coaching UR and in various roles all get involved even if not officially involved with U20s for example.

Speaks well for the individuals and is promising for the whole of UR.

Next thing you know I suppose Kofi will make some smartarsed comment about "aren't we brill". :D

Aye sometimes we are. :thumleft: Nice to see us winning at yute levels for a change.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Once a Knight wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
dublane wrote:From the horses mouth, no injury and it was based on the performance in past two matches. I'm sure a rest will do no harm and there are plenty of ravens games to come.
You can talk to horses
Horses are, in my experience, not the brightest animal in God's creation. Dogs, particularly streetwise dogs, are much more intellectual and tuned in.

We have for years lagged behind and marvelled about the production line of young Leinster talent. In truth, the underage schools coaching at places like Blackrock is professional in all but name so the Leinster kids have always been upskilled earlier. For the Under 20s to have beaten them is testament to all those in the Ulster structure who have put in huge effort to get the system right. Bodes well for the future. :thumleft:
you realise that Leinster didn't playing any of their academy players in the u20 interpros while Ulster played 7 of their academy members.. Ulster were favourites for the interpros and they rightly won out.

At 19's Leinster won the interpros comfortably and at u18 level will play Munster next week to determine the winner of the schools and clubs interpros.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Once a Knight wrote:Yes, I am as it happens. I'm also aware of the serious effort put in to get systems right at underage level. I still think it is a significant milestone on the journey.
You are also aware that we haven't been beaten by them at this level for three years now? ;) The 2012 team even got the clean sweep that year as well.

Great to see the achievement repeated so soon, here's hoping plenty of these boys march on and that it's repeated again soon as well.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

I think last years group lost to connacht.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Think he meant Leinster, we drew with them last year, they did not beat us.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I understand from a certain gent that many of the men coaching UR and in various roles all get involved even if not officially involved with U20s for example.

Speaks well for the individuals and is promising for the whole of UR.

Next thing you know I suppose Kofi will make some smartarsed comment about "aren't we brill". :D

Aye sometimes we are. :thumleft: Nice to see us winning at yute levels for a change.
Yeah yeah yeah " aren't we brill" next up you will say the Ravens will take B & I cup seriously .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

How good is this guy Sam Arnold? Rumour has it he's the next "big deal"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ngton.html
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:How good is this guy Sam Arnold? Rumour has it he's the next "big deal"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ngton.html
Wrecking Ball
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Have mentioned Sam before as a great talent. He was playing as a scrum half in Quins academy but wants to play as a centre. Good player, strong runner in the Olding mould,
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

I know people have talked up both Young and Fullerton, but having looked at the squad list ahead of him, I can't help but wish he felt like scrum-half again...
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Nightsoil wrote:I know people have talked up both Young and Fullerton, but having looked at the squad list ahead of him, I can't help but wish he felt like scrum-half again...
Ultimately he'll play where he's told.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18