Manshamed....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Manshamed....

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Liam Williams wrote:
Russ wrote:Honestly. I hope we finish 5th
Finally we agree on something >gimmefive
Good to see you back Liam, thought you had become disenchanted. Suppose a first ever clean sweep for Welsh Regions as you back to check out who is slitting their wrists.

Actually with the exceptions of Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff, the Welsh teams all deserved their win, no question. Mind you old Leighton Hodges has a few answers to give on a few different things. FFS I thought he was decent until about a month ago.

Is he married? My guess is some Paddy nailed Leighton's wife to the bed with is gert big kidney wiper, & hell hath no fury like a Welsh ref scorned. >EW

Anyway, welcome back ould haun'.

Lam has been charged wih misconduct.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/p ... -1.2132213
It's the hope that kills you.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:

That was always going to happen. They will try to bully him into backing down. Needs to hold his nerve.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Liam Williams wrote:
Finally we agree on something >gimmefive
Good to see you back Liam, thought you had become disenchanted. Suppose a first ever clean sweep for Welsh Regions as you back to check out who is slitting their wrists.

Actually with the exceptions of Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff, the Welsh teams all deserved their win, no question. Mind you old Leighton Hodges has a few answers to give on a few different things. FFS I thought he was decent until about a month ago.

Is he married? My guess is some Paddy nailed Leighton's wife to the bed with is gert big kidney wiper, & hell hath no fury like a Welsh ref scorned. >EW

Anyway, welcome back ould haun'.

Cited?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A lot of us are looking at wider systemic issues and blaming irfu, Logan etc. The questions I want answered are all along the lines of what prevented the 15 guys who started yesterday from performing well. The team was capable of winning but played with no urgency despite this being a vital stage in the season, but why?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:A lot of us are looking at wider systemic issues and blaming irfu, Logan etc. The questions I want answered are all along the lines of what prevented the 15 guys who started yesterday from performing well. The team was capable of winning but played with no urgency despite this being a vital stage in the season, but why?
Complacency, got used to winning ugly so assumed it would just happen.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

There is only one way this is going and the train crash will not be a pretty sight.
We have been gifted a ground with world class facilities, have a team which appeared to have much potential until our word class coaching team got their hands on them and a level of loyal support envied in the league.
I am watching all of this effort,hard work and potential going down the pan.
When a player like Ruan start to lose it we have reached the bottom and I feel he is losing it.
When a club does little or nothing to support players who have had harsh judgment going against them it is on a slippery slope to a collapse of morale and I see signs we are there. Playing as individuals not a team
When a coach continues to select players who are just not up to the job or whose form has left them them we are in trouble
When the extent of the tactics is kick and chase we are easily read and lucky when we are not beaten.
When loyal and committed supporters are doubting if a season ticket purchase makes sense because this seasons crap rugby was just not good to watch and what used to be an enjoyable experience at Ravenhill is now a trial of endurance.
When cries of stop this madness goes unheeded and there is no reaction from management like the team I start to think why bother.
I want to scream"For goodness sake Ulster waken up before it is to late" but not only will it not be listened to but at this stage in the season in a world cup year there is probably little which can be done
Ive written the season off and look forward to more elbow room in the stands and terraces next year when the more fickle or maybe the more sensible of our supporters vote with their feet..
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Russ wrote:Pretty sure mr j afoa formally of our parish held a lineout masterclass a few months back

So we now need to disguise our calls
Surely if that was the case we would just change the code?

I've seen a few teams do this not just us. The hooker goes to the mark while the rest of the team (apart from Black in our case) get a wee breather and it looks like something is happening as the messenger whispers sweet nothings in the hookers ear.

It does disguise calls but allows the throwing in team to mask where they line up until the last minute.

But there has to be a kill switch if someone doesn't like what they see rather than just bumbling on regardless which seems to be our current motto.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:A lot of us are looking at wider systemic issues and blaming irfu, Logan etc. The questions I want answered are all along the lines of what prevented the 15 guys who started yesterday from performing well. The team was capable of winning but played with no urgency despite this being a vital stage in the season, but why?
Complacency, got used to winning ugly so assumed it would just happen.
Essentially that is it and it is totally unacceptable to have that attitude.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Deraless wrote:
Russ wrote:Pretty sure mr j afoa formally of our parish held a lineout masterclass a few months back

I've seen a few teams do this not just us. The hooker goes to the mark while the rest of the team (apart from Black in our case) get a wee breather and it looks like something is happening as the messenger whispers sweet nothings in the hookers ear.

It does disguise calls but allows the throwing in team to mask where they line up until the last minute.

But there has to be a kill switch if someone doesn't like what they see rather than just bumbling on regardless which seems to be our current motto.
Ireland also do it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

damianmcr wrote:
Deraless wrote:

Ireland also do it.
Must be a Nucifora thing

Nucifora out
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rory can't hear with his hat on so someone has to gulder in his ear.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

damianmcr wrote:
Deraless wrote:

Ireland also do it.
These days sides will use lip readers and directional microphones to try and gain an edge so you need to take all sorts of precautions to try and keep one step ahead
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Well said skiboo.
Sad thing is that I don't believe that anyone is listening to what the loyal supporters are saying.
We are said to have plenty of money so surely we can afford to buy out the contracts of the deadwood players and coaching staff that everyone knows are either past it or will never make it and bring in some players with proven ability.
Also what are we spending on grossly overstaffed coaching and back room staff that have been shown simply not up to be up to it.
If there is not a sensible clear out at the end of the season and we continue with the same old failures my friends and myself have decided we will not renew our season tickets in protest but will simply select the games we want to attend.
ARE YOU LISTENING ULSTER BRANCH? I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Yeh that will help seeding for Europe next season..... :duh:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Just nominated Doak and Clarke for coach of the year