I'm out

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: I'm out

Post by BR »

shamalicious wrote:I'd kill to have Johann back in the coaching setup.
Opportunity now arises to murder Doak and Clarke and pin it on Sham.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:1F is the only pundit to have properly torn UR a new one this season.
1F needs to man up and say it some more
He's on holidays in oz. It's all on instie. Adam D'Arcy wanted to meet for a coffee. Noteable silence from Sean Doyle. Awkward.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:1F is the only pundit to have properly torn UR a new one this season.
1F needs to man up and say it some more

You tell 1F to man up at your own peril.
It's the hope that kills you.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If you'll "do" Jeremy Clarkson for my Shammy, I'll put a good word in for Johannes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Jizzer, in all honesty our beautiful game ceased being a thing of beauty around the year 2000.

Whist Commical Eddie had the "golden generation" who did play some fine rugby, Sir Clive had a juggernaut and the juggernaut won things whilst the "golden generation" were generally close but no cigar.

The bludgeon triumphing over the artist, then 4 years on South Africa kicked the leather off the ball and downed the Juggernaut in the final.

Meanwhile the cunning Kiwis brought omniball, a mux if yhe best if the previous two, a brutal pack a great kicking game but they added suffocating defence and wonderful precision in every part of their game.

They sadly are as close as we get to beauty but its not a concept many cherish, la belle France have become Neanderthal, skill a periferal add on.

The modern game is not one for lovers of aesthetics, its pragmatic and all about one thing, finding the most effective way for a team to play. That is where Schmidt excels and Ulster are mainly clueless.
I don't know Bagster.
Leinster and Clermont played some terrific stuff in recent years and some of the brilliance of the Aussies with Cooper, Falou, AAC still reminds me of the game I feel in love with.

That English side were great up front but that was combined with the genious and wizardry of Jason Robinson and Will Greenwood who generally came up with the individual brilliance when the juggernaut so required.
That team had it all and were in a different league to any international NH pro side before or since.

What the French have become is the greatest shame of all as they always played rugby the way it should, with their unique style of brutality and poetic finesse.
Blanco, Sella,, Dominici, Bernat-salle wasn't that long ago was it?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

bazzaj wrote:What the French have become is the greatest shame of all as they always played rugby the way it should, with their unique style of brutality and poetic finesse.
Serge fielding the ball behind his line and running it out in counter-attack was one of the reasons I fell in love with rugby.

Gone are the days of the French scoring tries off camera because they tried a wee cheeky tap and go while the cameraman was still eatin his piece.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Jizzer, in all honesty our beautiful game ceased being a thing of beauty around the year 2000.

Whist Commical Eddie had the "golden generation" who did play some fine rugby, Sir Clive had a juggernaut and the juggernaut won things whilst the "golden generation" were generally close but no cigar.

The bludgeon triumphing over the artist, then 4 years on South Africa kicked the leather off the ball and downed the Juggernaut in the final.

Meanwhile the cunning Kiwis brought omniball, a mux if yhe best if the previous two, a brutal pack a great kicking game but they added suffocating defence and wonderful precision in every part of their game.

They sadly are as close as we get to beauty but its not a concept many cherish, la belle France have become Neanderthal, skill a periferal add on.

The modern game is not one for lovers of aesthetics, its pragmatic and all about one thing, finding the most effective way for a team to play. That is where Schmidt excels and Ulster are mainly clueless.
I don't know Bagster.
Leinster and Clermont played some terrific stuff in recent years and some of the brilliance of the Aussies with Cooper, Falou, AAC still reminds me of the game I feel in love with.

That English side were great up front but that was combined with the genious and wizardry of Jason Robinson and Will Greenwood who generally came up with the individual brilliance when the juggernaut so required.
That team had it all and were in a different league to any international NH pro side before or since.

What the French have become is the greatest shame of all as they always played rugby the way it should, with their unique style of brutality and poetic finesse.

JIzzer, you are picking your hole ................ sorry, I'll try that again, you are picking small holes in an undeniable sequence of events.

Thank you and good night, tell your friends, I'm here all week. >clapping >clapping >clapping
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh yes Jizzer, it was that long ago, 23 years since Fat Serge retired, its almost 17 years since Phillipe Sella retired, 14 years since Bernat-Salles played for France, it will probably surprise you that Dominici retired 7 years ago & 8yrs since he played for France.

Yes Jizzer, those days are gone ould haun'. :?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Deraless wrote:
bazzaj wrote:What the French have become is the greatest shame of all as they always played rugby the way it should, with their unique style of brutality and poetic finesse.
Serge fielding the ball behind his line and running it out in counter-attack was one of the reasons I fell in love with rugby.

Gone are the days of the French scoring tries off camera because they tried a wee cheeky tap and go while the cameraman was still eatin his piece.
I remember watching "The Try from the End of the World" from NZ in 1994 - ironically started by Phil St.Andrew the chube currently making a ballix of France, and scored by Sadourny. Seems like yesterday but it's 21 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJfvfx0titc
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Deraless wrote:

I remember watching "The Try from the End of the World" from NZ in 1994 - ironically started by Phil St.Andrew the chube currently making a ballix of France, and scored by Sadourny. Seems like yesterday but it's 21 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJfvfx0titc
A thing of rare beauty Baggy and part of the reason why so many of us ARE IN
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Oh yes Jizzer, it was that long ago, 23 years since Fat Serge retired, its almost 17 years since Phillipe Sella retired, 14 years since Bernat-Salles played for France, it will probably surprise you that Dominici retired 7 years ago & 8yrs since he played for France.

23 years feck!
I still see enough in the SH to know that skill and creativity will overcome and I am hoping the world cup will prove just that.
But it still won't sink in as it never does.
I am a rugby fan first, over any team and this crap served up by clubs and country on a regular basis does nothing for me.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Oh yes Jizzer, it was that long ago, 23 years since Fat Serge retired, its almost 17 years since Phillipe Sella retired, 14 years since Bernat-Salles played for France, it will probably surprise you that Dominici retired 7 years ago & 8yrs since he played for France.

23 years feck!
I still see enough in the SH to know that skill and creativity will overcome and I am hoping the world cup will prove just that.
But it still won't sink in as it never does.
I am a rugby fan first, over any team and this crap served up by clubs and country on a regular basis does nothing for me.
I still know Ulster can show skill and creativity

We have NHs best 9
We have a great prince at 10

We have NHs 2 best wingers

We have Olding

We have the best 13 in Ireland a

We have a jihadi willing to die for us at 15
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

But thats the frustration Russ, its not being encouraged.
Thats why we can almost forgive Ireland as we don`t have the BODs of this world any more to play open and creative rugby.
If we had Schmidt would be playing that way.

England however have no excuse as they have an abundance of attacking talent yet still select to play a bludgeoning game.
France too with the brilliant Fofana but the way they play its about the equivilant of Barcelona playing Messi in goal.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Trys like that have always been as rare as hen's teeth but because they can and do happen is what makes rugby the game it is .

But defence is king at the moment and those who have changed the laws are the creators of Doakball , because once a team has possession within the opposition half it is extremely hard to get the ball off them if they play a short game . ( short game is the one pass and into contact with close support ) evidence Cardiff against Connaught . The attacking team can only lose possession by penalty either failing to release or going over the top . Penalties for failure to release occur when players lack support and off the feet over the top has a similar cause and both occur more frequently when players start trying to put the ball wide or beyond their support .

Thus teams seldom play an expansive game until they are within the opposition 22 .

Give away a penalty out side that area and you give the opposition possession within you half of the pitch . Give away a penalty in your own half and your down 3 points .

The margins are now so tight teams are scared to play open rugby because it results in penalties against the attacking side .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

According to UR, 15% of existing ST holders have so far renewed, I will probably renew 2 of my 4 ST's as my wife and daughter are more disillusioned than I am....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.