Orange Hatefest 2015

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Orange Hatefest 2015

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:I always find it interesting that celebrating terrorist acts seems okay in NI
You saying the Battle of the Boyne was an act of terrorism Russ?
That one no

But there have been numerous parades from easter to september that actively glorify terrorist acts

Now consider ISIS decided they wanted a parade to celebrate Tunisia

Exactly the same thought process should go through the minds of a sane person when the laylists and pooplicans decide they want a parade

How about this

Parades to worship (if rather scrap those too)
One parade day each a year

Laylists get twelfth of july if they so wish
Pooplicans can select their day so long as it doesn't glorify terrorism

I should be an elected official. Off to start my own political party then align it with the Lib Dems
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:Snipe, Shan , would any of you have the constitution of the AOH or INF, I would doubt it , as their bigôtry is alright as they are not "them uns"
No and never heard of the INF. The AOH, like the OO, are a sectarian organisation. Now I give a thumbs down to all religious organisations equally* but I reserve contempt for those which go further and actually have sectarianism as part of their very fabric. The OO are the ones we hear about all the time so obviously they are the ones we comment on the most. If the AOH were interfering with folk on a similar scale they wouldn't escape the justified commentary.

From my personal point of view - If the AOH existed today as the force they once were I would be cheerleading the campaign against them. Their anti-secular, extreme catholicism, extreme nationalistic and sectarian views are things I despise as much as anything.

* But only that as I have no issue with folk who wish to experience their particular beliefs freely provided they are doing so privately and not attempting to inflict their moral code on others. Only a thumbs down because I don't like the concept of organised religions because of the potential for harm at some point in time.

The themuns and usuns nonsense has plagued Northern Ireland society for too long. Of course it is not easy to eradicate it due to the obvious issues over the years but if folk keep hanging onto it like a comfort blanket, the way a victim of parental abuse will often seek out an abusive partner, the cycle will never be broken, despite the harm it does.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Cant see how I can blame Trevor Brennan, but I wish I could.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cant see how I can blame Trevor Brennan, but I wish I could.
Get a picture of him holding a fleg of the republic, hand it to a loon from north belfast, and you may never have to hate him alone again
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The only thing that is surprising here is that this guy may have managed to dial in without the assistance of his keepers. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxMQsbtCrs
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Going to be cooped up in the house on Monday. Deadly craic(!)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:Going to be cooped up in the house on Monday. Deadly craic(!)
Why? Do you live in the persecuted Ardoyne where it takes 3 minutes for a parade to go by?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:The only thing that is surprising here is that this guy may have managed to dial in without the assistance of his keepers. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxMQsbtCrs
They ran out of sh1t when they were making his brain, had to use two well seasoned conkers and a ripped up signed photiegraph of Steven Gerrard fer packin' in around the candyfloss.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

It is very sensible not to build your house near a bonfire site.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Going to be cooped up in the house on Monday. Deadly craic(!)
Why? Do you live in the persecuted Ardoyne where it takes 3 minutes for a parade to go by?
Aye Russ 3 minutes and 6 months to try to shake off the memories of the Orangescum walking by your door.

I stayed at home for the first time in about 40 years last year, was awoken in Bengor on Sea by some Scottish hoodlums batin' shyte out of their drums at 7.45 am. We don't expect that shyte in Lord Wardens ...........oh feckin' no we don't.

Never again and ever since I've been planning my permanent escape.

Speaking of which progress has ground to something of a halt in Espana.......... not just as sure that I may not have to start afresh somewhere a little further away. Still one or two possibilities here but the deuced fellow seems less keen to accept €40,000 less than the asking price than he seemed a few days back.

I will have my bargain. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jockster wrote:It is very sensible not to build your house near a bonfire site.

Yes David from Belfast. :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Woman on bbc breakfast

Way it's always been done
I'll be there
Our culture

Feckkng shame and disgrace
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:Woman on bbc breakfast

Way it's always been done
I'll be there
Our culture

Feckkng shame and disgrace
Another woman on the radio said "why can't they make it their culture to try and get a decent education?"

Leylists - successfully resisting evolution for 300 years.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Kofi Annan wrote:One built by "Them uns"............... proof that Prods are better buiilders:
Bonfire_Derry.jpg
I wonder if there was chat show for two hours on burning the Union Flag and damage to the environment :roll:

Is Kofi on the wind-up, or is he legitimately this much of a short-sighted and/or contrarian cúnt?
It's the hope that kills you.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

solidarity wrote:A question I've often asked myself but never been able to answer satisfactorily: If the 'Twelfth' and all that surrounds it didn't exist, what would I point to as the distinctive expression of Northern Irish culture? Seems like it is our only defining cultural event. Now there's a depressing thought if I ever heard one.
Off the top of my head:

- Potato bread
- Parochialism (of the positive, community kind, as well as the ridiculous "get aff ma land" kind)
- Bicommunal hatred of English people
- Loose cultural allegiances with Scotland, fostered upon shared hatred of English people
- Golfers
- Local comedy (Jake O'Kane, Colin Murphy, Barry the Blender, thon "so North Down" spud)

Now none of these are "single distinctive expressions" of NI culture, but I'd argue that culture can't and shouldn't be reduced to one single, or headline, thing.
It's the hope that kills you.