Schools Cup 2016

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Blow in
Novice

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Blow in »

Russ wrote:
ChuckleBrothers wrote:I think wee 'Blow in' may be posting in the wrong thread...He may be suggesting this years favourites for the Medallion Shield 2016 are playing a friendly this week...either that or he is 'Septic Peg' and has a crystal Gilbert... :scratch: :roll:
I understand now

Probably at Medalion level still

There you go, got there eventually, thought my reference to the "medallion Shield" made it obvious. I suppose I should have started a new thread :duh:
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

MCB 7 v 8 RBAI - close game :D nothing to split the two so very encouraging. RBAI 13 good wee ( big) player and 15 pacey. Methody handled the scrums well but will benefit from having our THP and 6 back from injury in a few weeks time. Very similar game to Ballymena and on the evidence to date Ballymena of the three are the marginally better side but it's early days. Decent crowd on a cold windy day :D
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Beattiespastie wrote:MCB 7 v 8 RBAI - close game :D nothing to split the two so very encouraging. RBAI 13 good wee ( big) player and 15 pacey. Methody handled the scrums well but will benefit from having our THP and 6 back from injury in a few weeks time. Very similar game to Ballymena and on the evidence to date Ballymena of the three are the marginally better side but it's early days. Decent crowd on a cold windy day :D
With 2 players missing how can it be your 1sts?
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

oh dear Russ! Flogging a dead horse old son!
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Russ- did you hear the Medallion game score?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Beattiespastie wrote:Russ- did you hear the Medallion game score?
No. Did you?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I did hear tha Banbridge are All Ireland Hockey Champions again
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

Medallion score was 7-3 to MCB

MCB had one chance and scored in the first 5 minutes,

Very even but scrappy game not helped by the referee who managed to confuse all the players and both sets of coaches and himself :duh:
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Cheers blow in :D
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:
Beattiespastie wrote:MCB 7 v 8 RBAI - close game :D nothing to split the two so very encouraging. RBAI 13 good wee ( big) player and 15 pacey. Methody handled the scrums well but will benefit from having our THP and 6 back from injury in a few weeks time. Very similar game to Ballymena and on the evidence to date Ballymena of the three are the marginally better side but it's early days. Decent crowd on a cold windy day :D
Beattiespastie do you work in Stormont? i.e. King of 'spin'... :lol:

The score line suggests a very close match...in reality it was very different, albeit there was a certain amount of 'squeaky bum' time. MCB were second in every department (apart from one superbly executed move to score). The Inst pack bossed the game, particularly the scrums! The Inst rolling maul must have had Narky Bells quaking in his boots...Inst totally owned the midfield and made multiple line breaks. The problem was, Inst weren't clinical enough in their finishing and also left 11 points on the pitch with missed kicks. :roll:

The ref, as in the Med Shield Final gave Inst nothing... :whistle:

I debated whether to mention that Inst will also benefit from having their Captain, Vice Captain, Second Row & Blind Side (that makes 4) back from injury in a few weeks time... >gimmefive

The swaggering, 'wide mouthed frog chewing gum' figure of Nurky Bills has AN awful lot to work on...

Mind you, there is FA squared won in October... >yahoo
I'm sure the other senior games were close.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Chuckle.... Your post was ... Funny/ typical... Expected more mate. Now realise you are a young fella so I will back off. Prediction- You will not win the schools cup on this showing neither will MCB. Ballymena look a better side than both RBAI and MCB. On today's showing I predict semi final exits for both Belfast squads. Campbell v Ballymena final??
ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Last edited by ChuckleBrothers on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:Beattie - I am delighted that you think that a 14-18 year old from the Institution has the writing panache of a 47 year old...yet another backhanded compliment.
You seem to forget that RBAI hammered Ballymena 14-30 a few weeks ago...
You can't predict anything because the draw hasn't been made...
Oh and we weren't supposed to win the Cup last year either...sum of the parts and all that...
Ballymema 4ths