Super Rugby 2016

A forum to discuss all things rugby on the Southern Hemisphere leagues.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Super Rugby 2016

Post by damianmcr »

The Kings 11 has some serious gas.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Coetzee was lucky to get away with that after hooter penalty, well the kicker missed lucky !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Not a bad try.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Real good spectator stuff, no fecking around at the breakdown and both sides trying to play fast open rugby, if that was NH the Kings would be just spoiling to keep the Sharks from scoring now.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

damianmcr wrote:The Kings 11 has some serious gas.
As does the Sharks 11 :lol:
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Willy le Roux is an absolute Rolls Royce. Love watching him play.

Solid performance from our boy. Always making couple of yards and offering front foot ball
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Yes, southern hemisphere teams are better in attack, but their defences are shockingly poor. Eben Etzebeth just walked over the top of four defenders to score for the Stormers, it is the worst piece of defending I have ever seen watching rugby.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

kUD wrote:
HairyJ wrote: What sort of attendance would the equivalent Rugby League games have? (If there is an equivalent, I'm really not well versed on League).
League is more an Aussie thing. There's only one NZ team, playing in the NRL. The Warriors, based out of Auckland.
Don't really know how many go to their games. Auckland has a much bigger population base. 1.5m compared to Wellington's 300k (NZ as a whole is about 4.5m).
The NRL is a fabulous 16 team tournament. Fast play the balls, athletic footballers, infused with skillful Pacific Islanders, pretty even spread of talent through the teams, lots of derby matches around Sydney and (like Super Rugby) plenty of tries and drama.
The under performing Warriors usually get between 13 - 15 k for their home games.

In Australia approx 1.3 Million people play League versus 600,000 in union!
The NRL has about 190 regular games each year & more than 3 million people at games.
The Super Rugby figure in Australia is about 40 - 45 games and ~ 600,000 people at games.

The three Aussie teams in this months World Series blew away their Super League opposition. Aggregate of 118 v 28 points in 3 matches. Their speed of play, intelligent running lines and clinical finishing was something else. After the Roosters match during his interview, coach Trent Robinson gave Sky's Jon Wells a coaching master class in how his team dismembered the Saints :bowdown:
NRL season reboots on 3rd March.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I hate Rugby League, 5 tackles and a bloody kick, almost as crap a game as Sevens. :duh: It's a game based on rugby but it's not rugby. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

ruckover wrote:Yes, southern hemisphere teams are better in attack, but their defences are shockingly poor. Eben Etzebeth just walked over the top of four defenders to score for the Stormers, it is the worst piece of defending I have ever seen watching rugby.
But have you seen his guns!?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

ruckover wrote:Yes, southern hemisphere teams are better in attack, but their defences are shockingly poor. Eben Etzebeth just walked over the top of four defenders to score for the Stormers, it is the worst piece of defending I have ever seen watching rugby.
After our match today would you like a chance to upgrade that?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

ruckover wrote:
Yes, southern hemisphere teams are better in attack, but their defences are shockingly poor. Eben Etzebeth just walked over the top of four defenders to score for the Stormers, it is the worst piece of defending I have ever seen watching rugby.
You must have missed Trimble trying to tackle Billy V on Saturday.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Fri 4th March (SS2)

06:35 Crusaders Blues
08:40 Brumbies Waratahs

Sat 5th March (SS3)

06:35 Highlanders Hurricanes
08:40 Reds Western Force
13:00 Bulls Melbourne Rebels
15:05 Cheetahs Stormers
17:10 Sharks Los Jaguares
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Some great fixture's there. Most interested to see how Jaguares do against the Sharks. They are a different league to the Cheetahs.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Well he'll have a sore head in the morning...