MATCH OFF

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: MATCH OFF

Post by scrum5 »

Rooster wrote:
twiglet wrote:How can a few people WALKING around on the pitch (perhaps they were in bare feet) and someone using a leaf blower help to thaw the pitch after it was left uncovered all week.

I have thought for quite some time that Ulster Rugby really don't care for their supporters - as long as they get as much money from us as possible.

Last year I was at the Zebre match and think the price for a seat at the side of the pitch was less than 10 euro. A few weeks ago I was at the Edinburgh game cost for a seat was £10. Comparable seats at Ravers are about £40. What reductions does Ulster Rugby offer to senior citizens? As far as I know Ulster Rugby have plenty of money coming in from supporters and sponsorship but that money seems to be handled by staff who seem to be inept at times - walking on pitch, leaf blowers, signing players that never play....... etc.
The leaf blower was a strange one, thought blowing cold air a speed would help to freeze it more :scratch:
That wasn't a leaf blower, that was Donald Trump's hairdryer.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Thinking the leaf blower and the Eventsec staff walking the pitch was just a photo opportunity to try and convince supporters that they did everything.

P1sh weak & embarrassing.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rem99 wrote:https://twitter.com/Inphosports/status/ ... 1727452160

On a more positive note at least someone has found their best position on the pitch! :red: :red: :red:
Quite what anyone thought a toy leaf blower was going to achieve or a few dozen eventsecers marching on the pitch I do not know, seems to me they made a balls of it then put on a frivolous nonsense of a show to suggest they did everything they could to make it playable.

Utter bullshit. No effort made all week to protect the pitch according to my information and the dogs in the street knew the weather all week. Pityful.

Edit: ah, I see we had already establish that. On the Pro12 website there is a snap of the lad with the leaf blower, under it is the unsurprising caption that UR did everything to have the pitch playable :shock: yeah well if you include not covering the pitch all week yes they made a sterling effort.

Last nights postponement ensures a defeat next week when we are totally unprepared with no rugby for a bloody month.

Shambles, I give up.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Amiga500 wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Why was Bryn wheeled out to spiel off whatever he was fed by Logan? Team Manager also chief bullshitter now?
'cos its probably his responsibility.

I assume a match forms part of "operations" (whatever the fock that is regarding rugby).

I find it utterly amazing that they don't have any of:

(1) Tarpaulin covers for the pitches.
(2) Frameworks to elevate tarpaulin covers above the pitch and then put blow heaters underneath.
(3) An undersoil heating system with the new stadium.

Incredulous. :shock:
Amigo, they do have frost covers which is the really annoying thing about this all and for Bryn to say they were caught out is total bullshit, Cecila has been saying all week it would freeze the ballicks of a brass monkey
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The Boo Radleys wrote:Bryn speaks....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/38109093

Needs to go and look at Windsor Park....
In fairness to Bryn, what was he supposed to say, the truth would have been unacceptable within Spanners, populated largely it appears by utter Spanners.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Actually that's a great idea, let's have a whip-round an pay a guy with a euphonium to follow Logan around for a week playing that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd laugh my last leg off.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Actually that's a great idea, let's have a whip-round an pay a guy with a uphonium to follow Logan around for a week playing that. Image Image Image

I'd laugh my last leg off.
Wonder could we get Q-chube to play it at the next match, do they do requests ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Amiga500 wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Why was Bryn wheeled out to spiel off whatever he was fed by Logan? Team Manager also chief bullshitter now?
'cos its probably his responsibility.

I assume a match forms part of "operations" (whatever the fock that is regarding rugby).

I find it utterly amazing that they don't have any of:

(1) Tarpaulin covers for the pitches.
(2) Frameworks to elevate tarpaulin covers above the pitch and then put blow heaters underneath.
(3) An undersoil heating system with the new stadium.

Incredulous. :shock:
What about the Match Day Manager surely he should be taking some if the blame for operations on match day.. or is that just a job in name..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Blame lies with the ground staff shirley
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:Blame lies with the ground staff shirley
dave.. part of the problem is that we have layers of teflon under layers of teflon to ensure that blame can't be laid at anyones door..

as some have said the ground staff made the decision not to cover the pitch in the days running up to the match so as not to sweat the pitch.. they knew the weather and as it was conditions in East Belfast remained above frozen for much of Friday unless Spanners has its own eco-climate.

What however does a Match Day Manager do if not manage match day operations which in this case should involve taking early control of the situation on Friday morning having been briefed on possible conditions during the week and then coordinating operations to ensure that everything was thrown into the match taking place.. instead we seem to have sat around much of Friday twiddling our fingers assuming that the referee would simply pass the pitch no matter what state it was in.. then last minute.com get anyone out on the pitch to defrost it by walking ion it..

then again our match day manager has a 9-5 job and can only do match day operations from after 6 once he has had his tea... hey but it gets him a committee position.. so shut the feck up CT.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Anyone else send Logie an email complaining...
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:Anyone else send Logie an email complaining...
Would he even read it ?
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I thought Bryn was Team Manager?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:I thought Bryn was Team Manager?
Bryn being punished by Logan was his honest interview a few weeks back

Logan made him go and say ridiculous things

Bit like Ruan and Kiss
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:Blame lies with the ground staff shirley
dave.. part of the problem is that we have layers of teflon under layers of teflon to ensure that blame can't be laid at anyones door..

as some have said the ground staff made the decision not to cover the pitch in the days running up to the match so as not to sweat the pitch.. they knew the weather and as it was conditions in East Belfast remained above frozen for much of Friday unless Spanners has its own eco-climate.

What however does a Match Day Manager do if not manage match day operations which in this case should involve taking early control of the situation on Friday morning having been briefed on possible conditions during the week and then coordinating operations to ensure that everything was thrown into the match taking place.. instead we seem to have sat around much of Friday twiddling our fingers assuming that the referee would simply pass the pitch no matter what state it was in.. then last minute.com get anyone out on the pitch to defrost it by walking ion it..

then again our match day manager has a 9-5 job and can only do match day operations from after 6 once he has had his tea... hey but it gets him a committee position.. so shut the feck up CT.
If the temperature did not go below freezing yesterday afternoon then the pitch obviously did not thaw having frozen over night. Therefore the decision not put down covers on the Thursday night seems like insanity. The very point of a cover is for the pitch to sweat, thus creating enough heat to prevent freezing.

I don't know what the Match day manager does but Shirley you can't blame him for a decision made on Thursday night?

The job description of a groundsman, in my opinion, is to prepare the pitch to an acceptable and safe standard taking into account environmental issues ie the bloody weather.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?