Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Barbarians Thu 1st June

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote: There's one born every minute.
Nope got a free ticket, who would pay to watch the Ravens ffs, any fûcker that spends money on this event is a moron.
Got couple as well it seems UR are handing them out like confetti... must annoy those fans anyone who paid £40.
How come the carpers and complainers on here always seem to be offered free tickets to things and I never get a sniff??? :shock: :banghead:
which one am I Paul?
A c0ck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:DC?

Clue - he's an out-half.

Answer - Dick Cowman.

The Workington born veteran is making a long-awaited return to the island of Ireland after being on the wrong side of an 18-9 scoreline at Lansdowne Road in 1973.

He's guaranteed to put bums on seats because his close family are all too old to stand up.
That game may have been the graveyard of Dick's international career but he has something more important to his name. He was part of the opposition team to have got the greatest ovation & welcome to the pitch at Lansdowne Road ever. I was there, "ovating" like a good'un. It was a relief after the Scottish & Welsh cowards refused to travel in 1972.

FFFS are we turned into bloody Saracens now, free tickets by fuc'k. G'wan ya free ticketing spongers, get a job.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cockatrice wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote: There's one born every minute.
Nope got a free ticket, who would pay to watch the Ravens ffs, any fûcker that spends money on this event is a moron.
Got couple as well it seems UR are handing them out like confetti... must annoy those fans anyone who paid £40.
How come the carpers and complainers on here always seem to be offered free tickets to things and I never get a sniff??? :shock: :banghead:
which one am I Paul?
I might have been referring to Gerald >EW :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
scrum5 wrote:£40 for free wifi....bargain
There's one born every minute.
Because , like the rest of the free loaders I firmly have my snout in the trough , I even got a free BMW for a month to see if I liked it, my free ticket comes with a pre match meal, I assume by yellow door, however if it's on tv I might not go.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Looks like the Tight End has been past over when the free tickets were handed down from on high, so in the words of Mr Butler "Frankly my dear, I don't give a Feck"
I'll buy Gin and Vermouth instead.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
solidarity wrote:I've just been looking up some info on Lord Shaftesbury the 19th century social reformer. Seems his name was Anthony Ashley-Cooper. So how did a branch of the great family get to produce an Aussie rugby player? :scratch:
Solids, in those days, being a member of the Arseo'crockery more or less ensured you were involved to some degree of criminality, be it simply treating folk like slaves, asserting droit du seigneur, murdering an underling. There's no real indication that it's changed, nowadays folk rob you not with a pistol but with a fountain pen (or biro, but more likely keyboard), and in most cases, they can afford a higher level of justice than tramps like you or I. :lol:

In any event, if AAC plays at Spanners I think we should all yell "convict" at him to make him feel at home.

Poor ticket sales is an outrage, don;t some bast'ards know this is the last time they will see Ruan in white. Very disappointing if true. Perhaps Saracens methods of filling a stadium may be required.
A lo, it came to pass. :duh: :duh: :duh:

The people of Ulster are a disgrace, an entertainment that incorporates the last time Ruan will play and nobody can be bothered. Looks like that's another thing Fit has got wrong, the loyal support.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Prettt sure Ruan already got a send off

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Russ wrote:Prettt sure Ruan already got a send off

And a good one it was.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

met Ruan in hospital yesterday.. it will be interesting to see if he plays.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Was he having routine ankle surgery like Charles?

Don't we all have routine ankle surgery?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

againstthehead wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Getting desperate, the Baa Baas have long since lost their identity, they are a manufactured team run by World Rugby , they suit the plastic surround of ravers, sorry Kingspunk.
Yeah - hard to get excited about he Baa Baas. I'm surprised clubs still release players for this kind of thing or perhaps they have no option?
It was always s fear that through professionalism the Baa Baa Baas would lose their identity.
Back in the day there was only a handful of competitive games a season and players could play a risk free open game as an antidote to the kicking game that dominated rugby back in the day.
Baas fixtures were hotly anticipated as the best players in the world were free to express themselves and could take on and beat the best sides.

Enter the 5 point try,, changes in kicking laws and professionalism.

Sides were encouraged to keep ball in hand.score tries and honed in systems that made the Baa Baas look rag tag.
The compatible nature of Baa Baa games have been diluted by the advent of World cups and club competitions.
This turned Baa Baa fixtures effectively into friendlies and have been reated by the opposition as such.

I am a rugby romantic and traditionalist however and I love the concept of top players being thrown together to see if they can take on the best.
Its a great antidote to watching over coached sides play defensive orientated risk free rugby within rigid systems.
In my opinion the Baa Baas have as much relevance as ever and I never want that to change and the top stars would agree.
However my dad was one so I am biased.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Good to see Tommy O'Hagan, Ross Kane & Mattie Rea in the squad to play the BaaBaas....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

scrum5 wrote:Good to see Tommy O'Hagan, Ross Kane & Mattie Rea in the squad to play the BaaBaas....
You want to risk a youngster​ in a colossal game of this magnitude?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Do Ulster players get a "cap" for this game?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Can't wait to see how gr8 Ulster are after their 3 weeks of hard graft

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk