KISS OUT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: KISS OUT

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote:If we are talking missed tackles let's not forget Luke he is up there with the best of them..
Luke failure or defensive system failure?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:<purses lips nervously>

My old man told me last week, at his Golden Wedding do, that he could still remember, very clearly, the first time he missed a tackle (after some years of playing rugby). The shock, or even shame, of it had not diminished one jot.

I imagine his hooker, if he's still alive, would still have nightmares about the time he feck up 3 line outs on the spin (if he ever did).
What?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Dave wrote:
justinr73 wrote:I think we're all glad it's not and in recent times, with the obvious exception of 2012/13, this season is par for the course or perhaps even a bit better than that.

There's a lot of knee-jerk stuff being said at the moment.

The surprise at the non-selection of the likes of Franco and Louis should be no greater than the surprise at how many tackles the likes of Rory and AAT have been missing, but maybe that's easier for me to say than most.
Hi Les.

What do you think of our defence?
Are you going to accuse everyone of being Les? >clapping
There can be only one
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:
Dave wrote:
justinr73 wrote:I think we're all glad it's not and in recent times, with the obvious exception of 2012/13, this season is par for the course or perhaps even a bit better than that.

There's a lot of knee-jerk stuff being said at the moment.

The surprise at the non-selection of the likes of Franco and Louis should be no greater than the surprise at how many tackles the likes of Rory and AAT have been missing, but maybe that's easier for me to say than most.
Hi Les.

What do you think of our defence?
Are you going to accuse everyone of being Les? >clapping
You can't​ shout about that until Easter.

#facts
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Unlike your approach Dave, this should not be a witch hunt, even if some people find it easier to point the finger of blame at those who are from further afield.

We're all human and all make mistakes (and I haven't even mentioned Paddy's missed pens which cost us 2 wins against Munster).

Any failures are the combination of a number of factors.

Changes have been made at the top and the ones that have gone have been present during a lengthy period of under-achievement.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:Unlike your approach Dave, this should not be a witch hunt, even if some people find it easier to point the finger of blame at those who are from further afield.

We're all human and all make mistakes (and I haven't even mentioned Paddy's missed pens which cost us 2 wins against Munster).

Any failures are the combination of a number of factors.

Changes have been made at the top and the ones that have gone have been present during a lengthy period of under-achievement.

This is all so vague and you make no real point. I've outlined on this forum why I think Les has failed. I've been specific and detailed where he has failed and why I believe he has been at fault. I asked you a direct question which you have ignored. I'm up for a reasoned discussion but I'll be ignoring any time wasters.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I'm unclear why you think Les is at fault for his players, senior ones at that, missing tackles (or at Munster, knocking on left, right and centre) and generally not doing their jobs.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:I'm unclear why you think Les is at fault for his players, senior ones at that, missing tackles (or at Munster, knocking on left, right and centre) and generally not doing their jobs.
Where did I state that? I'm blaming Les for the defensive strategy which has been our Achilles heel all season.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

So basically all that was wrong this season as follows

1. Marcell was injured
2. Paddy missed a penalty in each of the Munster games, we would have won them otherwise
3. Reidys seatbelt tackle debacle against Scarlets away
4. A weather adverse night at Ravenhill versus Treviso meant we didn't get the bonus point

Address those four small margins and we would be in a home semi final spot :duck:

I'd imagine Gibbes is capable of adjusting those margins.

#devilsadvocate
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

We all need a good laugh so read this interview with logie when we hired Kiss, funny as fcuk :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 82001.html
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Rooster wrote:We all need a good laugh so read this interview with logie when we hired Kiss, funny as fcuk Image Image Image
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 82001.html
That did raise a chuckle. Twice he came out on top in a world wide search of coaches! Would love to see the criteria used for assessment.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:So basically all that was wrong this season as follows

1. Marcell was injured
2. Paddy missed a penalty in each of the Munster games, we would have won them otherwise
3. Reidys seatbelt tackle debacle against Scarlets away
4. A weather adverse night at Ravenhill versus Treviso meant we didn't get the bonus point

Address those four small margins and we would be in a home semi final spot :duck:

I'd imagine Gibbes is capable of adjusting those margins.

#devilsadvocate
I couldn't agree more, 9. I detect a hint of sarcasm but that is not a million miles from the truth.

Amid all the gurning and gnashing of teeth, the margins are small. What remains an unimpeachable fact is that Kiss has fecked it up big time on selection, seems to have no idea what his best team is & flip flops between who he thinks are the right players are. I cite the case of Piutau, for 4 months Kiss played him at 15 & Charless, talented as he is is a crap fullback. We knew long long before Kiss that Charless was a waste at 15. Unforgivable from a would be coach.

What is also believable is that not an enormous amount needs to change, on the face of it, though I've no doubt that plenty should change. It's doable, if Kiss is gassed, or even if he stays & has the wit to give Gibbes his place, both he & we might be saved.

Remarkably I saw on Wales Online today a piece suggesting that Ulster has the best squad in the Pro12. Yeah me too, I almost had a panic attack that someone could write/believe that. :shock: Thing is, I genuinely believe it is better than many here believe, I emphatically believe coaching & toxic atmosphere has been at the core of our problems.

I can genuinely believe that something very much better is achievable. (Oh, by the way, I have had a shitload of Jawbox & wine tonight. No not together, don't be daft) >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Fresh face fresh set of eyes.

My only concern with Gibbes although it's an unfounded concern is the question mark in my mind as to whether he can gain results with a small pack. At both Leinster and Clermont-Ferrand he was afforded big heavy men.

I'm hoping he is all about technique with the personality and charisma that will make men run through brick walls for him.

For example he won't be able to maul it up the park, we don't have the pack for that.

Having highlighted it as a concern I would also like to think that he will know what it is that exposed the big packs he has worked with in the past and be able to exploit these weaknesses himself.

I count and believe we have one more coach to come?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

For anyone doubting what I and others have said about the need to give Kiss the bullet, have a listen to this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39771315 Andy Ward saying exactly what I and others are saying, listen carefully, he says Ulster have made the big change before and need to again, also describes Kiss as Gibbes's biggest hurdle.

FOLK
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yep, small margins make all the difference, like those 9 from 12.
It's a long journey from Frogspawn to Wolfpack.
Gibbes will have one hand tied as Andy said and St Vitus' imp will still be thwarting him at every turn.
Things could go the other way and Gibbes turns things around and we can howl when the imp tries to claim the plaudits.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.