Ulster v Hairyqueens

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Hairyqueens

Post by Dave »

Last I heard, Billy couldn't feel his arm.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Who will play 13? Hmmmm...

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Could happen...Image
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:The fuss about the pitch being covered is irrelevant , the micro climate is so unpredictable why should anyone bother.
I note captains post about the lack of light effecting growth etc, I recall spending sometime at another club, were the simple solution was to put the covers on late in the afternoon and then to remove them during the daylight hours so the sunlight could get at the grass to stimulate the growth. Night time covering will retain heat and help prevent soil temperatures dropping below zero.however all that would not matter if we had got the lights to help winter growth management . What ever happened to those lights I recall being told by someone at UR that's what we were getting, I can't recall who it was but I am sure he was telling the truth.
Captain, you seem to be knowledgable about pitch management, quick question for you as my sons mini team have a game on Saturday and I have been tasked as a parent to be grounds conveyor :If you cover your turf up before the moisture in the air condenses onto the surface of the grass will I avoid these problems and is it possible to alter the content of salt in the soils to help slow down the process, without losing the quality of turf, oh and what's the best grass to use in the future when seeding. Thanks in advance
Sorry Gerry, no idea. As stated, not overly knowledgeable at all. All my guff was based on my granda's Boys Book of Knowledge, circa 1923. Etiolation was big in 1923 - along with Vitamin D deficiency and rickets. Seems we haven't been getting enough sunlight for a while now. And yet there are still some who are surprised when it rains in East Belfast.

I note that all the talk now is about why weren't the covers taken on an off, night and day, but I seem to recall with my fading memory that the issue last week wasn't so much to do with frost, but with snow. A different ball game* entirely taking covers off and on when they're covered in a decent layer of snow.

I also vaguely recall a suggestion that Ravers should buy moving lights that trundle up and down the pitch all week, like most of the premiership footy teams have, but never heard anymore about that - presumably too dear. Now if only we could get ones that run on sunlight .... nah, on second thoughts,maybe not.

Anyway, it's all irrelevant now - hope your minis goes ahead.

*Maybe that ball game is Gaelic, and we will once again/for the first time (delete as appropriate) witness that at ravers?
The original question was about the covers....
Is the pitch thawing seeing they didn't bother with the covers
As for rain I for one am never surprised it rains in East Belfast but at the same time the rain could have presented Ravers with additional problems particularly during a cold spell as a large section of the ground has poor drainage due to construction work.

I for one have never had to cancel a match in my back garden unlike UR who previously fecked up with the weather when sitting back on their hands doing the square of feck all when the weather closed in. They got it right then and they will get it right now and after all when your told to put the covers down because of what is coming and you don't bother then clearly that is not an issue... Lets leave it to the groundsmen they know best as long as they listen to what they are told. :duh:
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

According to beeb:

Rory, Luke, Bowe and Jean are out. Jean back for Connacht. Jihad is out because is still getting headaches but that has absolutely nothing to do with the concussion he sustained on the lions tour.

Same team barring 13, lucky dip to decide the winner of that.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:According to beeb:

Rory, Luke, Bowe and Jean are out. Jean back for Connacht. Jihad is out because is still getting headaches but that has absolutely nothing to do with the concussion he sustained on the lions tour.

Did Kiss not think Jihad was back last week? Who does he think is back this week then? And I Jean still suffering his minor eye trauma or what was his hand injury?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rory has foot rot, feckin damp weather, Luke ? Bowe hamstring, presumably the same one he had prior to last week Jean some minor injury that has lasted a couple of months almost :scratch:
Ludik at 13 as you have to play at least 2 players out of best position, so Charlie at 15 sorts that as well.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:

Rory has foot rot, feckin damp weather, Luke ? Bowe hamstring, presumably the same one he had prior to last week Jean some minor injury that has lasted a couple of months almost :scratch:
Ludik at 13 as you have to play at least 2 players out of best position, so Charlie at 15 sorts that as well.
Did they forget to put the covers on Rory's foot?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:

Did Kiss not think Jihad was back last week? Who does he think is back this week then? And I Jean still suffering his minor eye trauma or what was his hand injury?
He can't feel his arm. Everything is fine.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Did they forget to put the covers on Rory's foot?
Nasty looking infection in his ankle going by the photo he posted on Twatter last Saturday, redder than Rudolfs red nose, hope it clears up pretty quickly.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Jono Gibbso says Cavey is a good option at 13 this week.

Les will not be happy
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:Jono Gibbso says Cavey is a good option at 13 this week.

Les will not be happy
Hopefully that's a rift starting.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Jono Gibbso says Cavey is a good option at 13 this week.

Les will not be happy
Which just goes to show that Jono is not a dumbass, unlike FOLK. Ask why Cave would be training with the two ra............... young gentlemen and then give me a rational explanation.

Whilst I'm here, has anyone noticed that if you take the two words "the rapists" and take away the space between them, you end up with therapists. I'm pretty sure that is exactly what FOLK needs, several therapists, to read the fuc'ker's bumps.

Now I thought it would be nice to remind ourselves of just why Kiss is such a moron when he chooses any option at 13 other than the right one, the one who has more rugby brain than about any 8 colleagues barring very few, the man who barring wingers has scored more tries than any other Ulster player in history - 41 - and the man who has almost certainly more try assists than any other Ulster player bar none.

Now I understand that most of you need no instruction but two things, look at the number of times he uses his brain in a scoring position where a dive or step kills any chance of a tackle, look at the number of simple run-ins by running great lines off other players to be available. He is a smart player, that is what endears him to me, especially given Ulster have an almost unsurpassed ability to look dumb.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_KVPMxlc0
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

To be forever known as Lester the Jester, pass the shoes with long curly toes and bells on the end.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK