URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: URC 2021/22 - Other Sides

Post by big mervyn »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:05 pm Most of the top echelon of Ulster Rugby is still run by amateurs, many of whom are hanging in there for freebies. All ex Presidents got free booze after matches. Is this still continuing?
I stood behind a number of Ulster Committee members queuing for home at the airport in Paris after the Irish French match was cancelled due to frost. One commented to another ' It was a pity the match was cancelled but thank goodness the post match banquet still went ahead.'
Both freeloaders are prominent Committee members in Ulster Rugby. One had a huge case with an IRFU sticker on it. Obviously the supporters were also paying for their luggage and flights. Their wives were also in attendance.
Wonder how Alec and Audrey are getting on these days? Hope he didn't finally succumb to the Mount Merrions . The auld Jag must be a bugger to fill at the minute.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Five of Leinsters six remaining league fixtures away from home, their one home fixture vs Munster @ Lansdowne Road.

Three away inter pros on the bounce plus two games away in SA will be challenging for them.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I think Leinster fans are just anxious to get the last 16 round in the H Cup navigated successfully and then get past Leicester in the quarters. That is really where our season is and I don't detect a lot of interest in the URC after the one sided nature of many recent fixtures.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

Leinster's most one-sided fixtures this season have been in the Heineken Cup.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dublin4 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:00 pm I think Leinster fans are just anxious to get the last 16 round in the H Cup navigated successfully and then get past Leicester in the quarters. That is really where our season is and I don't detect a lot of interest in the URC after the one sided nature of many recent fixtures.
Anxious about playing a team that have lost more than they've won this season and just shipped over 50 points in their last fixture? :lol:

Things are a lot worse in Dublin than we had imagined.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

I was probably being a little generous to Connacht but getting past Leicester would be our first serious challenge of the season. Running up big scores every week does nothing for us and leaves Leinster none the wiser.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dublin4 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:00 pm I was probably being a little generous to Connacht but getting past Leicester would be our first serious challenge of the season. Running up big scores every week does nothing for us and leaves Leinster none the wiser.
Five interpros on the bounce should offer a bit of resistance, would expect Leinster to win all five but it should harden your squad for tougher challenges ahead. Leicester sem to be falling off a little on their trailblazing start to the season.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Couple of O's suspended for interfering with a seemingly homeless person. I imagine neither of them said, "Spit," though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:26 am Couple of O's suspended for interfering with a seemingly homeless person. I imagine neither of them said, "Spit," though.
SH Matthew Aubrey 24 and Welsh 7s centre Callum Carson 22
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Peter Dooley joining Josh Murphy to head from Leinster to Connacht for next season.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

More Leinster departures, Jack Dunne and Rory O'Loughlin off to Exeter. Adam Byrne off to Connacht also, joining Peter Dooley and Josh Murphy.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Murray Kinsella

@Murray_Kinsella
·
2m
Connacht have signed 21-year-old back row Shamus Hurley-Langton from Manawatu Turbos ahead of next season. He has been superb in the NPC, looks like a really smart signing. Rather incredibly, he is not Irish-qualified.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Munster 23 points down at the break.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:22 pm More Leinster departures, Jack Dunne and Rory O'Loughlin off to Exeter. Adam Byrne off to Connacht also, joining Peter Dooley and Josh Murphy.
4th Leinster player going West to Connacht - David Hawkshaw. They also signed IQ'd centre/winger Byron Ralston from Western Force.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Does all of this moovement mean that the Westies are likely to be significantly stronger next year?