Glasgow v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Glasgow v Ulster

Post by justinr73 »

The few Ulster fans in attendance were pretty well spread across the stands tbf.

The Spicy Plum was certainly signing plenty of autographs and gave my wife the thumbs up.

Which was more than my family ever did :lol:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:18 am Gonna have to watch the game back but from where I was freezing to death, it was quite a challenging evening.

That’s save the first 15 minutes which was the most surreal passage of one-way traffic I think I’ve ever seen.

Around the time the single malt wore off, or was it when Addison got done for crossing, there was only one team in it.

The period of play before half time when they kept messing up the lineout, stopping us from exiting, getting a pen and repeating the process for what seemed like forever was irritating.

It took until Glasgow had become dominant before the bloke next to me felt able to speak and he was civil enough tbh.

That was, predictably, as warm as our welcome got at the ground, in stark contrast to the city centre which was, as ever, pretty good fun.

NB Should a bunch of kids start hurling chips at you in the small hours, adopting the position of an expectant slip fielder defuses any potential tension.
I've always found Scotstoun unwelcoming for Ulster. Not sure why but would hope it's not a Gers/ Bhoys type of nonsense. Always seems an undercurrent you only usually get a Aviva when playing the Dubs or at Turnipstan. Argumentative and narky. Plenty of fleg comments too.
Weegie city centre is as you say, a cracking place.
Exterminate all rational thought
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:01 pm
justinr73 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:18 am Gonna have to watch the game back but from where I was freezing to death, it was quite a challenging evening.

That’s save the first 15 minutes which was the most surreal passage of one-way traffic I think I’ve ever seen.

Around the time the single malt wore off, or was it when Addison got done for crossing, there was only one team in it.

The period of play before half time when they kept messing up the lineout, stopping us from exiting, getting a pen and repeating the process for what seemed like forever was irritating.

It took until Glasgow had become dominant before the bloke next to me felt able to speak and he was civil enough tbh.

That was, predictably, as warm as our welcome got at the ground, in stark contrast to the city centre which was, as ever, pretty good fun.

NB Should a bunch of kids start hurling chips at you in the small hours, adopting the position of an expectant slip fielder defuses any potential tension.
I've always found Scotstoun unwelcoming for Ulster. Not sure why but would hope it's not a Gers/ Bhoys type of nonsense. Always seems an undercurrent you only usually get a Aviva when playing the Dubs or at Turnipstan. Argumentative and narky. Plenty of fleg comments too.
Weegie city centre is as you say, a cracking place.
I loathe Scotsoun and those weegies who inhabit it.

Very unwelcoming place, and I mean to visiting supporters.

You expect any stadium to be unwelcoming to opposition teams, and that's fair enough - Ravenspan is not wellcoming to opponents, but all fans should be welcome everywhere.

I agree with comments on Dubs, albeit more at OurDS than Aviva.

Thomond is usually great though. Only had one nasty incident in many many visits. Even that was one person (albeit with a knife) and was defused by other Turnip fans. >appl
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

As Billy Connolly once said: "About as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit!"
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!