independEnt URSC?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Should the URSC drop the 'official' tag and become independant of Ulster Rugby plc?

Yes, as fast as sh!te off a shovel!
27%
No way, we should Klingon like a jobby on the bowl!
73%

Total votes: 22

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Nah, he can't be on the Committee. Hasn't paid his £10 sub yet
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Thats not very encouraging Gaz :shock: the CEO of Ulster Rugby not a member of the supporters club :evil: :roll: Don't let him in the photo when we win the best supported club again this year :twisted:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

We sorta had to let him in the last one - he was presenting the trophy! :)
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

:shock: bloody 'ell, we'd need a fisheye lens to fit em all in! :shock: 8)
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

They picked a very select few to be in the picture! You have to be in the know :wink:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Hey Gaz he certainly is treated very well as a non-member!

1) Apologies:
MR, recorded as unable to attend due to ........... .

2) Chair’s Business:
MR, to get copy of summary of meetings.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

preaching to the converted Cables :)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gaz wrote:We sorta had to let him in the last one - he was presenting the trophy! :)
Photo looks alright without him :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
haveuheard
Novice

Post by haveuheard »

How long has CEO of Ulster Rugby been attending URSC Committee Meetings ? Surely the membership have a right to know. How many has he been to ? and how many has he missed ?
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

can't we get rid of those 2 ugly fellas aswell rooster and then undress the lovely ladies eh???? eh???? eh??????
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

A quick referral of that post to sonz, Fermain and it will definitely be "the last post" for you :shock:

Rooster will remember I mentioned 200 ways to commit suicide - well Fermain has just found another.
Goodbye old chap!!!!!!! :cry:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

fermain wrote:can't we get rid of those 2 ugly fellas aswell rooster and then undress the lovely ladies eh???? eh???? eh??????
Not a problem getting rid of ugly mugs but removal of ladies clothes would either get me slowly killed by the ladies or by the missus if she found out :shock: And anyway if I did you would send me a PM and take the picture down :lol:
BTW send the log in details and passwords of this site to some of us if you decide to try it yourself :lol: wouldn't want the site to close after your demise :shock:
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

This whole debate is pointless, the URSC will never be independant from UR.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
LePaul
El Pablo

Post by LePaul »

browner - surely if the members decide to break away from M Reid's grip - they can do anything they like. As was pointed out though the URSC will not have the word "Official" in their heading. Personally, I think the URSC should do it. All I have seen from over here, is a complete takeover and usurping of the original URSC and a total prevention of any degree of autonomy. With a fair proportion of the funds raised by the URSC being sucked into UR's funds - and very little (if any at all) input into UR by the URSC given this funding - I fail to see any solid reason to remain a virtual puppet of Michael Reid and his troop.

Of course, I'd love to be proved wrong here as I think its better to be inside fighting than trying to bash the door down to have a go. I just don’t see anything of any real substance on offer to URSC members (except Official tags).

If over the period of a year or so, an Independent URSC had grown to 1000 plus members (surely not beyond the bounds of possibility ability) do you think that Michael Reid, Mark McCall and the others would ignore your voice. I very much doubt it. If you were enhancing the already fine looking programme of events you would attract the right attention from the ordinary 5 8ths who are the poor sods who keep Mr Reid in a job in the first place.

Sorry to rabbit - I've been watching this thread and these are my own views.

One final point. As an overseas member (non paid up for now until I see how things work out) I'd like to know how many other overseas or distant members the URSC has. All that is on offer, or most of it, is based around the regular URSC members who can get to Ravers every home game and get to the away matches too. For many of us this isn’t possible. While we have the ability to have some input via this Forum and the Q&A's what else is on offer to us. One specific thing that I would like is the ability at AGM and EO AGM level to submit a postal vote. Any thoughts on this guys???
Rugby thick and full of Ulster passion
Whats wrong with that then FRU ???
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

browner wrote:This whole debate is pointless, the URSC will never be independant from UR.
Probably true browner. But If MR doesn't get a realistic attitide to the URSC, and if things don't get sorted out over the coming year, I can see a lot of people not bothering to renew their membership.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: