Contract situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: Contract situation

Post by therealspratt »

You know, there might be something to what you're saying there Snipe, but then again these people who draw up the depth chart are the same who insist on playing Clive Ross at openside and currently have Andy Warwick as our first choice loosehead.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:You know, there might be something to what you're saying there Snipe, but then again these people who draw up the depth chart are the same who insist on playing Clive Ross at openside and currently have Andy Warwick as our first choice loosehead.
In recent times I only recall him at 7 once. Yesterday, but my memory may be clouded by the despair of watching Ulster this season which means my brain has blocked out some horrific dross.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Agnew is better anyway.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:Agnew is better anyway.
Different sorts of players.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:
Both 7s? No?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Both 7s? No?
Hall's a tallish athletic sort of 7 where Agnew seems to be more of the shorter traditional style 7.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Hall is one of the more promising players we have though, very athletic.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

On Hall vs Agnew - Hall started the 1st underage international and played very well, before getting injured at HT and getting replaced by Agnew, who also played well.

There is no harm in keeping 2 promising players in the same position. Look at Leinster!!
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Big-al wrote:On Hall vs Agnew - Hall started the 1st underage international and played very well, before getting injured at HT and getting replaced by Agnew, who also played well.

There is no harm in keeping 2 promising players in the same position. Look at Leinster!!
Especially considering we've bugger all by way of opensides.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:
Big-al wrote:On Hall vs Agnew - Hall started the 1st underage international and played very well, before getting injured at HT and getting replaced by Agnew, who also played well.

Jordi, Marcel, Nick T are all capable at 7, although I like Timoney at 8. We could use a couple of 6s.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Jordi, Marcel, Nick T are all capable at 7, although I like Timoney at 8. We could use a couple of 6s.
As much as I'm a fan of Timoney, he's not yet capable of having any real impact at the breakdown. Marcel's fitness is a big assumption, and though I have high hopes for Jordi, he's not really a groundhog. We've a bunch of 7-ish sort of players, Reidy included, but not really any proper 7s capable of slowing opposition ball down.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Marcell is exactly the player we need. He is a real breakdown menace and he CAN carry. Fact.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

As much as I'm a fan of Timoney, he's not yet capable of having any real impact at the breakdown. Marcel's fitness is a big assumption, and though I have high hopes for Jordi, he's not really a groundhog. We've a bunch of 7-ish sort of players, Reidy included, but not really any proper 7s capable of slowing opposition ball down.
That kind of 7 is a rare beast, but we do have one, if we could keep him fit.
Timoney is the most destructive tackler we have available at the moment. Yes he isn't an old school groundhog, but he has power, pace and attitude. There's plenty there to work with.
Dave wrote:Marcell is exactly the player we need. He is a real breakdown menace and he CAN carry. Fact.
He's pretty much the complete flanker. I think he brings an edge in leadership too.
Rubyredhorse
Novice

Post by Rubyredhorse »

What does the Ulster Rugby depth chart currently look like?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »